Final Fantasy Series News and Updates Thread

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Final Fantasy Series News and Updates Thread

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:43 pm

Delayed until Nov 30. Welp add it to the list of already extensive delays I guess lol

Its really incredible how badly this game just needs to come out. Will this hurt or help FF15? I know some people may be pushed over the edge, after 10 years, you are going to have that with any kind of delay. But I dont really think it will make much difference, maybe give the japanese market a little extra time to get on board? I still cant tell if it will sell 500,000 or millions, but I think a mil or 2 is in order just on name alone. Thing that bothers me the most about the delay is now I have to wait a little longer to read reviews lol is it bad when im looking forward to the reviews more than the game? Thoughts on the delay? How will it effect the release of the game if at all? What problems could it cause? theories and ideas below!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Final Fantasy Series News and Updates Thread

Postby Axm » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:46 am

Bad games are bad forever. Although if its a bad game it might be too late for that.
More time for QA and marketing. Never a bad decision. Maybe Playstation Neo also has something to do with it? I have no idea about that thing.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:44 pm

Anyone else hear about the FF15 season pass? Apparently Square thought it neccessary to sell Party member back stories/side missions as paid DLC and also there is some kind of Expansion Pack (a continuation after the main game/the actual ending?) sold separately as day 1 dlc. I find this to be really disappointing and just a shallow move by square, we cant even get an entire games worth of content for one price? You are just going to blatantly tell me i have to pay more for these things on the day it comes out? I just care less and less about this thing... Square is pissing me off with these dumb ass moves and whats even more shocking is I am not really hearing anyone talking about this. Maybe this news just slid under the radar and is going to blow up come release time. Any way I would expect some scrutiny one FF15 comes out about this, I really just wanna get past FF15 already and see whats next for Final Fantasy, like really really really badly...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:27 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:I find this to be really disappointing and just a shallow move by square, we cant even get an entire games worth of content for one price?

And how does one define "an entire game's worth of content"?
I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that the main game, free of any DLC, is going to be a full 50-80 hour experience (if not longer), same as all the earlier games. As long as that's the case, what's so wrong about them offering extra content for additional purchase?
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:07 am

Simple. All the content that would be included day 1, dlc or other wise. What do you mean whats wrong with that? Whats right about it? If you want to shell out extra cash for the complete experience from the first day thats up to you, but i would imagine thats completely unacceptable for most consumers. I just dont understand the accepting logic for them doing this, they are balatantly trying to raid and abuse our wallets, but thats ok? I dont get it.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:02 am

It's the mission of every videogame company to raid and abuse our wallets. Of course that's okay. It's how the entire world works.
If they're providing a sufficiently meaty experience right from the start with the main game, I seem no problem at all with them selling extraneous content on the side for those that decide they want more, after the main game is done.
Sure, I might have an issue with it if they literally cut essential pieces of the story out just so they could charge more for them. Capcom cut the ending off of Asura's Wrath, for example, and sold that as DLC, and that was total bullshit. It was essential content that leaves a hole if it isn't included.
But side-missions and non-essential backstories are something else entirely. If it's not rendering the main storyline illegible, then why should anyone feel cheated? We won't know the effects of it until it's all actually released, but complaining of it right now is like being mad that a pack of hotdogs doesn't automatically come with relish.
Once again, videogamers and their false sense of entitlement.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:26 am

It comes from an era when a game was released it was done. I don't think its fair to discredit that sense of entitlement when you've been a consumer of the same type of product for decades. Nor do I disagree with the reality that games are different these days by design and paid DLC has its rightful place.
This is kinda the first FF to implement such a degree of DLC. It's a new thing for this series so ya know..its takes time for people to wrap their heads around it. It's not like all the new games series's out there that started with DLC right off the bat. Me personally though? I'd be surprised if it DIDN'T have DLC. Infact, maybe I would be mad about it! Haha "Why aren't they supporting the game?" etc Whatever though cause the game isnt out yet so we dont know what we are getting in total yet.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:20 am

I dont buy that sense of entitlement crap, its game companies own fault for changing the standards that were around for years just to svrape a few more pennies from the bottom of the barrel. As a consumer seeing a company do this does not make them look good. Companies do this to themselves, the consumers certainly do nothing to force companies into these policies, too blame that on the consumers is just blind.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:52 pm

When these companies consistently make money time after time on post and even at launch DLC we justify those business decisions. Maybe you don't buy the DLC but so many millions out there do and have for over 10 years now with consoles. You know this already. We've been complaining about it for years together. ;) I understand your frustration but the fact is we CAN blame the consumers for this. That and so many other problems these days. Broken launch games, pay to win, pay to finish, yearly timed releases etc. They are making money and pushing the boundaries. We do fight back from time to time and win though. Remember what happened to the Xbox One launch. We all shit on MS and they learned where the boundary was.

Axm has received a thanks from: south carmain
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:55 pm

Axm has a point. Although I find these business practices damaging to the quality of the industry that we all grew up loving, in the end we vote with our wallets and since enough people keep on voting to keep these business practices alive we consumers do share the responsability. Well at least we can comfort ourselves with memories of simpler times.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Monkei » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:09 am

I'm not much of a JRPG guy, but I'm totally looking forward to this. It's gonna be my first Final Fantasy game. The world they created for this just looks so amazing. I'm avoiding articles and trailers in order to discover it all for myself, hopefully rather sooner than later.

For the record: I loved Skies of Arcadia and Grandia II (Dreamcast), but after that Baten Kaitos and Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube) made me hate the genre.. couldn't even finish the latter one. I felt the games were repetitive and extremely dragging and had the same story everytime. Tried Eternal Sonata (PS3) later on but couldn't finish it either for the same reasons. Not finishing a game I started is something I only do in the most extreme cases of boredom or frustration, it's really rare. Gave Ni no Kuni (PS3) a shot last year and liked it. That's all of my JRPG experience.

Monkei has received a thanks from: Axm
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:46 pm

Good luck man, ff15 is made for a person like you that wants to broaden their jrpg horizons. I guess it makes sense some of the games you mentioned are personal faves of mine. Anyway hope you find what you are looking for in ff15

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Monkei
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:29 am

Final Fantasy X Mod Replaces Almost All Audio With Tidus' Laugh :lol:
http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-x-mod-replaces-almost-all-audio-with-tidu-1786592083

phpBB [video]

Rakim has received a thanks from: Monkei
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:04 pm

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

FFXII HD is just looking more and more gorgeous. The new FFXV trailer has me a little more interested in the games story and characters.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:07 am

I just watched Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and found it pretty amazing. Don't get how it has an average score of 35 on Metacritic. Might be because I'm just too much of a whore for this kind of visuals and fantasy worlds and anime style combat sequences. At times it's like watching Man of Steel and Pacific Rim at the same time, spiced up with magic and anime flavour. If you're into this kind of stuff and can for example enjoy a movie like "The Warrior's Way" for its highly stylized combat scenes alone, without worrying too much about being entertained by the plot or even getting it at all, I can absolutely recommend this to you. And that's not to say that the plot sucked, I actually found that quite enjoyable too about this film.

Realistically, if I tried to take my being a whore for this stuff out of the equation as much as possible, I'd still rank this with something aroung a 7 out of 10, at least.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming