Final Fantasy Series News and Updates Thread

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Final Fantasy Series News and Updates Thread

Postby OL » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:00 pm

^^Yeah, that was revealed just recently, not back in November.
So disappointing that he has a nose. <_<
(and no, that sentence has probably never been uttered before in the history of mankind)

Raithos wrote:
phpBB [video]

Psh, I'm sure there will be a trillion and one "purists" who are going to hate the game for being too actionous, not enough of an RPG, whatever... but that looks cool as fuck.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:16 pm

So there was some huge announcements last night.

The release date is 30th September this year.

A 5 part prequel anime series called Brotherhood is coming out and episode 1 is on Youtube now. The rest of the series will also be streamed on Youtube in the lead up to the main game:
phpBB [video]

A FFXV movie is coming out before the game and takes place during the main game called Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV. Voice actors include Lena Headly, Sean Bean and Aaron Paul.:
phpBB [video]

The main theme for the game will be a cover of Stand By Me by Florence + the Machine:

phpBB [video]

A new minigame has been announced called Justice Monsters Five which will also come to mobile separately:
phpBB [video]

You can download a new demo now for free that shows off some new features and an updated battle system. This demo is a prequel and separate from the main game, this also unlocks stuff for the main game including a summon:
phpBB [video]

There will be two collector's editions:

Two new trailers, they show the open world, towns with tons of NPC's and more modes of transport such as Chocobo's and Boats:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Rakim » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:47 pm

A fucking cover of stand by me? That has got to be the wackest idea ever.

I liked the music played during the demo trailer though. Sounded like it was possibly Yoko Shimomura.

Rakim has received a thanks from: OL
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby OL » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:10 pm

Yeah, the Stand By Me thing... what the honest fuck?
That's... I dunno, just unappealing to me. No thanks. Would have easily preferred some random Japanese theme over that. Seems really weak and shoehorned-in.

Anyway, the rest of it is just nuts. I like that they're going BIG with the whole thing... but goddamn, is it too big? The game is looking better and better, but they really seem to be putting everything into the release and promotion of it, to an absolutely retarded degree.
This shit is cray-cray.
I'll probably get the Deluxe Edition, but it's too bad that the Brotherhood anime is only available in the super-duper sell-your-soul collector's edition (which is probably excess of 120 bucks if I had to guess, and I'm not that invested in this stuff).
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:28 pm

$280 for the collectors edition OL, $280. But it will be truly collectable with only 30,000 made world wide, and it would seem all regions are getting the same CE's.

At any rate, holy media over load, they must really think they have a hit game with all this excessive promotion material, or thats just what they want us to think, A CG movie, an anime, smart phone games, demo that carries over certain data (about the only acceptable one imo) its too much and feels forceful. I think they need to prioritize earning their fans back and making a great game rather than bombarding us with all this material to try to generate hype. Needless to say I'm not buying it for a second how ever I guess their attempt does make sense considering many people have forgotten and are unsure or just indifferent about the game itself. I would have much prefered a good game first THEN maybe all of this other stuff after, its just like... whoa, WHOA one thing at a time here Square, dont forget you have alot to earn back dont get cocky.

Anyway as for the game itself I must say the visuals and evironments are stunning. Alot of that game footage is just magical to watch, and it seems there are so many options they might work as quick sand. Still I just cant help but be cautious and there is still not way in hell im pre-ordering this thing or buying it day one. Reviews and opinions are absolutely necessary although I know thats not what square wants anyone to hear, but facts remain facts (for me at least). I will probably give this new demo a whirl at some point before the release of the game then wait to hear from some credible sources about what they think of it and make a decision from there. As for now I still think the game could be too over the top for my taste and the Final Fantasy series in general, this world looks painfully huge (guess it should be after 10 years in development). I wonder how long the game actually is, and how long it is if you cover all the ground in the game? Will this be squares attempt at doing a JRPG x WRPG cross over? It seems like that could be. I'll wait on reviews with an open mind.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:34 pm

lol at those idiots with their new consoles, playing their shitty ff demo.

lol

shredingskin has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Raithos » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:36 pm

$270 god damn dollars OL lol and it sold out. It costs more than Steel Battalion did when it released.

I ordered the deluxe on Amazon to get the %20 off, ended up like $68 or something so not too bad. The artwork on the case is amazing. I wish it was maybe a few bucks more and included the anime though like you mentioned. I played the demo a bit last night when it went live, seems to run better than the Type 0 demo. Plan on playing through it when I get home from work. I watched the event stream last night and it really has me looking forward to the game again, after being completely turned off by the last demo.

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:27 pm

You wanna know what FF15s release and promotion style kind of reminds me of? MGS Phantom Pain. This new demo being ground zeros, this huge new world unlike anything seen in the series before. I guess both series are in the upper shelf of japanese games in general so it wouldnt surprise me if they modeled after each other, or FF15 after MGS5 in certain promotional aspects and design.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby GYO6161 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:55 pm

Never played a final fantasy game before, i played the demo, liked it quite a bit, looking foward to XV
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Thief » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:31 am

Is there an English version of the prologue anime? I can't seem to find it.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rakim » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:16 am

^From what I've seen the anime isn't getting, or hasn't yet gotten, a dub. Only subs.

I haven't been following this game too closely so I'm late but I found out my guess from yesterday was right and Yoko Shimomura is doing the music! Why did it take me so long to find that out?

phpBB [video]

It sounds like destati from Kingdom Hearts taken up to the next level. I'm looking forward to seeing what else she has up her sleeve for this game.

Rakim has received a thanks from: Thief
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kenny » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:28 pm

A stand by me cover?

Lol wtf?
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Thief » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:56 pm

I like it :x
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:31 pm

From the things I've been hearing the combat is kinda wonky and clunky, anyone here has played it ??

I hope this comes out on PC, they say they're looking hard into it, but they're now just trying to get it run good on consoles.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:33 pm

I actually thought the song fitted the trailer.

In the game it'll probably be like the Leona Lewis one in XIII. Everyone cried like babies when that was announced and it was quietly played in the background of the last 2 minutes of the game.

shredingskin wrote: From the things I've been hearing the combat is kinda wonky and clunky, anyone here has played it ??

I played it last night. It seemed to be more a demo of the game engine then for the game itself. It just want's to show you the day/night cycle and how steering cars works. There are a few things you can kill with 3 hits and a boss at the end. It felt clunky but they don't explain how the system works much and it's one on one fights. I'm sure once you choose your own weapons and magic it will feel a lot smoother and having more then one party member and enemy will make it more interesting.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming