Controversial gaming opinions

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Controversial gaming opinions

Postby Chaos » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:51 pm

Axm wrote: Fuck WoW. It systematically addicts you for BS reasons.
I remember the year I played WoW..some days it was like literally rolling out of bed and into the computer chair to grind mobs for materials to craft some gear that was for a class tree I didnt like but was "more powerful" for raids.
After I completed the set I was like...oh cool so now it takes a 1 less hit to down a mob yipeee...there went a solid month of my life trying to craft that for a marginal gain. After that I realized I could have been having more sex and a social life instead.
Fuck that game.

it's a LOT more casual now so you can log in for a couple hours at a time and actually get shit done

there's still hard content for the nerds who want it, but there's so much casual shit for people who just wanna fuck around now

I'm not saying to play it, just that you don't have to dedicate your life to the game
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II, AC:NL

Postby Axm » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:51 pm

Ive played some FF14 up to the level cap. Id rather play in that world instead.

Axm has received a thanks from: Perfect_Chaos
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Sonikku » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:02 pm

Could always give STO a try too if you guys like. It's free to play with no commitment, and we could hook you up with resources and ships to curb the pay to win aspect.

Teepo, myself and kiba pictured.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:37 pm

Assassins creed 3 is my favorite AC game. Black flag was garbage and unity is what made me say you know what, fuck this series

Perfect_Chaos has received a thanks from: Axm
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby OL » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:58 pm

Perfect_Chaos wrote:Assassins creed 3 is my favorite AC game.

Everyone's entitled to their own favorite (my own isn't exactly the popular choice anyway), but why AC3? I don't hate it or anything, but it's always struck me as clearly the weakest in terms of story (chock full of illogicalities, anti-climaxes, and pacing problems), and easily has the least-likable protagonist in the series, even trumping Altair from the first game. I guess I could understand if it's just because of the setting and time period (which are appealing, of course), but I personally find the other weak parts of the game to get in the way of my enjoyment of that. It just strikes me as the biggest missed-opportunity in the series, because the concept is so good, but the execution felt so "eh."
And then saying that Black Flag (which I thought was one of the strongest in the series overall) is garbage?
I'm honestly not looking to argue; the series is polarizing enough as it is. I'm just really, legitimately interested in hearing the "whys" for this stuff.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:30 pm

I also liked AC3 the most. The time period and setting are great. It introduced ship battles and had as many missons for it as I cared to do. It also had great forest environments that was refreshing for the series. Also the story was good enough for me. My 2nd favorite would have to be AC2.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Filthgrinder » Tue May 12, 2015 5:49 pm

COD is okay, but can suck a lot sometimes.

Ghosts is god-awful.
Filthgrinder
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Filthgrinder__
Steam: pelle_vikernes

Previous

Return to General Gaming