Persona 5

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Persona 5

Postby myshtuff » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:06 pm

Oooo I'll have to give em a try then. I was a little on the fence about this game because I normally don't like dungeon crawlers, but so far it's good. I just hope it doesn't get too repetitive.

myshtuff has received a thanks from: Bluecast
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kintor » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:56 am

Bumping this thread because Atlus has just made an announcement, Persona 5 is getting a full anime series:

I really enjoyed the Persona 5 OVA that was release earlier; I can't wait to see how the anime turns out. They'll certainly have plenty of material to work with and a phenomenal soundtrack already to go.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Jesse » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:52 am

Bumping this because of the latest sales figures as of December 1st. Persona 5 has sold over 2 million copies globally across ps3/4. Also with those extra sales it now brings the series total to 8.9 million worldwide.

When do you think 6 will appear? I can see 2020 or 2021 a possibility cause they have their next gen engine already so that'll make development a bit easier.
Jesse
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby south carmain » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:04 pm

Jesse wrote: Bumping this because of the latest sales figures as of December 1st. Persona 5 has sold over 2 million copies globally across ps3/4. Also with those extra sales it now brings the series total to 8.9 million worldwide.

When do you think 6 will appear? I can see 2020 or 2021 a possibility cause they have their next gen engine already so that'll make development a bit easier.

With 5's success and ATLAS belonging to SEGA I can see releases being more frequent. I would't be surprised at seeing 6 being announced in 2019 and released the next year.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Kintor » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:30 pm

The Persona 5 anime has started airing. The first episode premiered in Japan a few hours ago. The plan is for a 24 episode season. Crunchyroll has picked-up the simulcast rights; you can watch the first episode now without needing a Premium account:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/persona5-the ... ion/videos

So far I'm very pleased with how this adaptation is being handled. The anime feels like Persona 5 and that's no easy feat give how stylish and unique the games is to play. I think part of why it has translated so well to anime is because they used the game OST extensively, really does set the tone perfectly.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby King John Blaze » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:18 pm

Playing this game for around 2-3 hours and boy is it taking time to get started. Probably spent 2/3 of that time advancing monologue.
King John Blaze
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Coromasta » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:44 pm

King John Blaze wrote: Playing this game for around 2-3 hours and boy is it taking time to get started. Probably spent 2/3 of that time advancing monologue.

It starts put slow but boy is it worth it, in my opinion anyways.
Coromasta

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta

Postby shredingskin » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:42 am

In all reality, to me almost not a single game is worth 90 hours of your life.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby King John Blaze » Sun May 13, 2018 2:38 am

I'm about 40 hours in and really loving it so far. Definitely one of the best games I've ever played. Almost missed out on it to as its typically a game I'm not interested in. Only got it because of the raving reviews and the fact I bought Catherine, for some weird reason, and that was a sleeper hit for me too.

A criticism I do has is the lack of freedom. It is implied quite heavily at the beginning but you realise there is little you can do in you spare time. One task takes up an entire day and you are forced to sleep and can't do other things like watch TV, train or go outside.

Also, when I look at the average level of players, it almost always matches up with mine. Which is of course expected as its an average but for me it's further proof that everyone progresses through thee game at the same pace.
King John Blaze
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Previous

Return to General Gaming