Persona 5

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Persona 5

Postby Jesse » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:19 pm

OL wrote: My only hope is that we'll get dual audio tracks this time around. Namco have been smart enough to start doing that with their Tales series; no reason at all that Atlus USA shouldn't learn a thing or two from that.
Not that the previous Persona games had bad dubs or anything, I'm just so tired of listening to the same old Northern American voices and accents which scream absolutely nothing but "anime" when I hear them.

http://personacentral.com/atlus-usa-rel ... ual-audio/

^ Atlus USA did a survey back in April and dual audio was one of the questions. According to message boards dual audio was leading by a big margin by people who took part in the questionnaire.

Jesse has received a thanks from: OL
Jesse
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:21 pm

I don't know what their problem is. I don't mind my waifu sounding mentally challenged.

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: Jesse, OL
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Yama » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:18 pm

http://www.godisageek.com/2015/08/atlus-usa-interview/

Still coming 2015! Pleaaaaaaaasssse do.

Don't P3 me...
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ShenSun » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:47 pm

Im gonna have to import this asap. God knows us Europe folks will probably get it in 2060.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:08 pm

Even though they've just said it the facet everything has been in Japanese and we have 4 months left in the year doesn't make me hopeful. My prediction is 2016 (Hope I'm wrong).
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Jesse » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:03 am

Persona 5 has been delayed til summer 2016 in Japan. So looks like a December release in the U.S. if Persona 4 is anything to go by. They also released a brand new trailer to coincide with the announcement.

https://youtu.be/wvpOwQaqRXA

director Katsura Hashino notes that the parts of Persona 5 are almost all together, and that they’re in the middle of tuning up the gameplay. However, given that there are great expectations from the fans, they decided to delay the game so they could perfect it. The game content itself is progressing smoothly.

Additionally, Atlus announced that Jun Fukuyama will voice the protagonist, Nana Mizuki will voice An Takamaki, and Mamoru Miyano will voice Ryuji Sakamoto. Voice samples for the protagonist are available at the Persona 5 Tokyo Game Show website.
Last edited by Jesse on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesse

Postby south carmain » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:29 pm

Lol didn't they claim it would definitely come out at the end of this year?
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Jesse » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:25 pm

south carmain wrote: Lol didn't they claim it would definitely come out at the end of this year?

Lol yeah Atlus USA had remained steadfast throughout the summer that 5 would be out this year. This quote was back in the middle of august: During an interview with Godisageek, John Hardin, PR Manager for Atlus USA reaffirmed that Persona 5 will see release exclusively on the PS4 and PS3 in 2015, both in Japan and North America. However, Hardin declined to give a confirmation regarding the game’s European release. We are very aware of what happens when we make premature announcements for Europe. At least I am. The only thing I can confirm for Persona 5 is 2015.

The trailer looks great I was going to get it for ps3 this year but seeing how this time next year I'll have a ps4 I'll get it for that instead. Also my memory may be a little fuzzy but I don't remember the past mainline Persona games having voiced protagonists casted? Does that mean for the grunts and stuff or will 5 have an actual voiced one like in Fallout 4?

I wonder what they plan on showing at the end of their live stream on the 19th seeing as how the cat's already out of the bag. Maybe new party members or the main theme song with vocals.

Director interview below in Japanese no English subtitles one has been created yet.
https://youtu.be/bLYUlWvyNu8
Jesse

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:18 pm

Hardin shouldn't pretend to know something he obviously doesn't. Just ends up making them at Atlus USA look like dicks now for misleading everyone so much like that.

A whole year to iron out the game's issues is a long time. By the time P5 comes out, it will have been almost 8 years since the last Persona game came out. Instead of making so many unnecessary spin offs, they should have turned their attention to getting P5 out.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Jesse
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:20 pm

ShenmueTree wrote:
phpBB [video]

O.
M.
G.

persona5.jp

It already shows that Sega have taken over Atlus! The helicopter in the beginning looks completely Shenmue Online! :lmfao:
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:54 pm

Riku Rose wrote: Even though they've just said it the facet everything has been in Japanese and we have 4 months left in the year doesn't make me hopeful. My prediction is 2016 (Hope I'm wrong).

Called it.

Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Jesse » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:29 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Hardin shouldn't pretend to know something he obviously doesn't. Just ends up making them at Atlus USA look like dicks now for misleading everyone so much like that.

A whole year to iron out the game's issues is a long time. By the time P5 comes out, it will have been almost 8 years since the last Persona game came out. Instead of making so many unnecessary spin offs, they should have turned their attention to getting P5 out.

I agree with this. Atlus has made Catherine aside from the spinoffs in that time period. I've seen people on boards plan to protest by not buying P4DAN in a couple weeks. I've bought the fighting games and enjoyed them for what they are. But once ive completed the story i havent gone back to them. I considered buying p4 dan but since I'm not good at rhythm games I'll probably sit this one out.
Jesse

Postby south carmain » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:09 pm

phpBB [video]

Take my god damn money!
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Jesse » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:24 pm

Atlus has updated its Persona 5 Tokyo Game Show website with descriptions of the game’s four main characters, who together form the “Phantom Thieves.”

Protagonist - The leader of the Phantom Thieves. A 16-year-old young man and second-year high school student who transfers to Shujin High School. He seems quiet and well-mannered at first glance, but gives a completely different impression once he has donned his “phantom thief” guise. He finds residence at the Shiken Cafe run by his parents’ friend. The reason for him moving from the city to the capital Tokyo is currently unknown.

Ryuji Sakamoto - Just like the protagonist, he is a 16-year-old, second-year student at Shujin High School. He stands out with his wild behavior and seems to be a “problem child” even within the school. More than often, his problematic behavior imposes on the hospitality of the school’s teachers and advisers. He previously did not behave the way he currently does, but the origin of his bad behavior is currently unknown.

Anne Takamaki - A 16-year-old, quarter-American girl who attends Shujin High School. Unable to fit in with those around her due to her noticeably different appearance, she isolates herself within the school. She is often seen hanging out with the protagonist and Ryuji Sakamoto. Strange rumors about her have seemingly been circulating the school, but whether or not they’re true is currently unknown.

Morgana - The most mysterious member of the Phantom Thieves. Childlike in height, her appearance imitates that of a black cat, but her true identity is completely unknown. It looks like she’s wearing something on her head, but…? That is all the information we currently have. Though she does resemble the black cat often seen with the protagonist…
Jesse

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:14 pm

I only got about half way through Persona 3 and spent 75 hours with that game, and I cant say im the hugest Persona or SMT fan, but jesus I cant even deny that this game is fucking hype. Looks great, and may well be a first day buy for me, the new trailer more or less sealed the deal, I wanna see some reviews from japan and see how they are digging it. Man I love the Persona style and music bout time i sunk my teeth into another one of these games.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming