Confirmed: Hideo Kojima is Leaving Konami After MGS5!

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Confirmed: Hideo Kojima is Leaving Konami After MGS5!

Postby Thief » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:26 pm

OL wrote: They still have a bunch of old properties they could bring back. I'd be totally cool with seeing a new triple-A Contra, Gradius, Rocket Knight, or Sunset Riders. Maybe with Kojima gone, they'll try things other than Metal Gear for a change.

:lol:
Fat chance.

Goemon? :( I wish

Seriously though, this is probably good news in the end. I freakin' love metal gear -- but it needs to be over and done. I'm not really attached to Metal Gear anymore -- I don't really care about a continuation of the established characters or whatever (don't get me wrong, I love Snake, Otacon, Big Boss, etc, but they already had their story) -- at this point I'm just in it for the awesome stealth gameplay (which after playing ground zeroes may be the best I've ever played) and interesting scenarios/new characters. All these things can be accomplished without Konami and without the Metal Gear name.

Metal Gear without Kojima is non-canon as far as I'm concerned, and can finally allow me to give this series a rest.

To the future... away from Konami... who I used to love. God damn... Konami - Sega - Capcom... what the fuck happened?

Thief has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Raithos » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:43 pm

Thief wrote:Metal Gear without Kojima is non-canon as far as I'm concerned

I agree with you 100% man.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:20 pm

OL wrote: They still have a bunch of old properties they could bring back. I'd be totally cool with seeing a new triple-A Contra, Gradius, Rocket Knight, or Sunset Riders. Maybe with Kojima gone, they'll try things other than Metal Gear for a change.

:lol:
Fat chance.

HAHAHA! Maybe in a parallel universe somewhere we're all wafting through our collections of Sunset Riders, Rocket Knight, Snatcher and Goemon, spoilt for choice with all of the constant prequels, sequels, remakes and remasters of these series and complaining that the Western reboot of Goemon by Ninja Theory was really off the mark. (And complaining that Sunset Riders 4 retconned the ending of Sunset Riders 1 with bringing Sir Richard Rose back from the dead) :lol:

Metal Gear without Kojima is non-canon as far as I'm concerned, and can finally allow me to give this series a rest.

Yup. It's over.

To the future... away from Konami... who I used to love. God damn... Konami - Sega - Capcom... what the fuck happened?

Innit, mate. It's tragic. But at least we'll always have those memories and can replay such games to our hearts content.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby mue 26 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:52 pm

This is pretty sad news. Kojima will probably not find the level of clout and budget he had at Konami elsewhere (like Inafune, Mikami, and sadly Yu as we all know, when they left their companies). And Konami will probably never make anything decent again. And Silent Hills will now probably be only half as good as it would have been. And the idea of future Metal Gear games not being made by Koj Pro makes my heart hurt.

This is the nail in the coffin for Konami as we currently know it. Another true giant of Japanese gaming has fallen.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Axm
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenmueTree » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:59 am

@metalgear_jp
いつも #コジステ をご視聴頂いている皆さん、ありがとうございます。明日放送予定の #コジステ は都合により放送を休止させていただきます。楽しみにしていただいたにも関わらず、本当に申し訳ございません。次回の放送につきましては決定次第改めてご案内させていただきます。

First of all, viewers are thanked for enjoying Kojima Station, and the team apologizes for the suspension of the new episode. They promise further info will be provided at a later date, detailing when the next livestream will take place.

Fans are also thanked for their encouragement, and the Twitter account apologizes for the concerns that are caused, as well as the fact that they can’t respond to everyone individually on Twitter.

The account once again emphasizes that even though the names and logos of Kojima Productions have been removed due to the restructuring of Konami, Hideo Kojima as well as the original development staff are still working on Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. The team continues to work on the game based on Kojima’s ideas and instructions. The team and Kojima himself are united in this goal and would like the support of their fans in this.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=18767

God dammit, Konami. Fuck!

These asses are treating Koji Productions and Kojima-kun as if he bedded their wives, ate their daughters and laughed about it to their faces. Just, wtf. さあ今!冗談でしょう! :|
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Previous

Return to General Gaming