Character Creation

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Character Creation

Postby Calshot » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:29 pm

I'm so pleased at how my Dark Souls 2 character turned out, I snapped a crappy cell phone picture of it. While she isn't amazing looking or anything, I'm especially proud at how cute I managed to make her while using the

wait for it...

randomize option.

Souls characters aren't known for being good-looking (to put it nicely), so making a character like that while using the random option is like making the Mona Lisa by accident.

If I can do the same thing with Oblivion, I'm pretty sure I'll be entered into the Western canon.

Calshot has received 2 thanks from: KiBa, OL
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby KiBa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:16 am

^^^^^^^Nice work.

What a great idea for a thread. In my opinion, there is no better use of time. I love character customization so much, it's all I do now. I don't even actually play Elder Scrolls or Souls or STO or any other customizable RPG. I just generate new characters over and over and over again because I am an artist. A sculptor. And video game character creation systems are my clay, my marble, my ivory. Each masterpiece is my Galatea!

KiBa has received a thanks from: OL
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:22 am

With the ME games I made the character look like me but I also gave him the scar that goes over one eye.
Plus I did a run picking choices I think I would pick in that situation rather than paragon/Renegade.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby south carmain » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:53 am

surprisingly the only game I ever managed to get a pretty good resemblance to myself in was gta5.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Ryuuji95 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:13 am

I've done tons for Tekken Tag 2, Soul Calibur V, Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown and WWE games. mostly anime characters, actors, originals and characters from other games. too many to list right now.
Ryuuji95
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Fury7493
XBL: HazukiXL64
Steam: AkiraXL64
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Virtua Fighter 5: FS

Postby Zoltor » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:28 pm

I have actually grown to loath cosmetic base character customization altogether, because the only reasons companies do such these days, is to avoid having to put real effort into true char customization.

Ragnarok Online is the best example of true char customization in gaming history. There are some cosmetic things in game, but the cosmetic stuff is literally nothing more then a small bonus, where as in stuff like the Elder Scrolls games, that's 99% of the entire content of the game sigh.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonikku » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:10 pm

My new Rogue transmog got a few double takes when I ran dungeons for Burning Crusade week. :lol:

Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Previous

Return to General Gaming