E3 2015

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

E3 2015

Postby Riku Rose » Sun May 17, 2015 6:22 am

That time of year is almost here again. Was wondering if anyone wanted to do a chat room like we did a few years back for the conferences as that was quite a laugh. If people are interested I'll set one up.

Announced Games:

Alone With You
Amplitude
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Batman: Arkham Knight
Battleborn
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
Destiny Expansion
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition
The Division
Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
Doom
Drawn to Death
Fable Legends
Fallout 4
Fat Princess Adventures
Fortnite
Forza 6
Gears of War Project
God of War III HD
Gotcha Racing
Guitar Hero Live
Halo 5: Guardians
Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories
Hollowpoint
Journey PS4
Kill Strain
LEGO Dimensions
Mad Max
Mario Maker
Magic Duels: Origins
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
Ninja Strike
Overkill's The Walking Dead
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Ratchet & Clank
Resident Evil 0
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rock Band 4
Star Fox
Star Wars Battlefront
Skylanders 2015
Street Fighter V
Super Meat Boy
Super Time Force Ultra
Tearaway: Unfolded
The Tomorrow Children
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
The Walking Dead
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
Unannounced Platinum Game
Until Dawn
XCOM 2

Last edited by Riku Rose on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Re: E3 2015

Postby south carmain » Sun May 17, 2015 2:42 pm

Since cdpr said cyberpunk 2077 won't get any coverage at this year's E3 I'm not even sure if I care to watch it. Are there any exceptionally interesting games expected to be revealed?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun May 17, 2015 3:08 pm

Once again I'll tune in for the Sony conference and be done with it. I may watch Microsoft for the Tomb Raider portions, too..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Brosauce » Sun May 17, 2015 3:18 pm

Im going to watch Microsoft's conference very closely to see if they can get me a catch on buying an Xbox One this year.
Brosauce
Banned
Banned

PSN: Playstation Network
XBL: Xbox Live
Nintendo FC: Nintendo Network
Steam: Steam ID
Currently playing: Education

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun May 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Nowadays, I don't see the need to get excited for game reveals. There are so many out there I haven't even played yet, a lot of which I own n haven't even considered startin (thank you GWG!) So the idea of seeing a CG trailer or gameplay footage that I won't be able to experience for at least a year (no next gen for me) is pointless. It's almost like flicking through the Argos catalogue at 8 years old looking at all the cool shit my parents would never be able to afford (didn't stop me cutting out the pictures and pretending I actually had them though... 'twas a sad childhood)

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Riku Rose » Mon May 18, 2015 8:40 am

south carmain wrote: Since cdpr said cyberpunk 2077 won't get any coverage at this year's E3 I'm not even sure if I care to watch it. Are there any exceptionally interesting games expected to be revealed?

Bethesda: Most people seem to be expecting the likes of a new Doom, Fallout and Dishonoured.
Microsoft: Obviously some CoD and Halo maybe a little Quantum Break thrown in., don't think much has been rumoured but they've said there will be a new Rare game.
EA: Mirror's Edge, Sports, Star Wars
Ubisoft: Assassins Creed and maybe a new Watch Dogs. Last few years they've always shown a big game for the first time to finish like Watch Dogs, Division and Rainbow Six.
Sony: Guess some more Uncharted 4. Don't think Sony have much else announced so that could be exciting as they need to announce stuff eventually.
Nintendo: They'll probably just show a video of Iwata in a banana outfit and show Star Fox.
Square Enix: FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Tomb Raider, Deus Ex. Maybe something like a new Hitman.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: south carmain
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby south carmain » Mon May 18, 2015 8:52 am

I'll probably check out the new deux ex then. Hopefully they will be allowed to finish this one before releasing it.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Peter » Mon May 18, 2015 11:01 am

As bizarre as it may sound, games all look the same to me these days. All polished, with no flaws etc. I loved imperfections, and down right shitty games. Dragons Blood on the Dreamcast comes to mind. Total pants across all aspects, but it had a charm. Many other examples come to mind too. All these pompous presentations get me less excited than my yearly prostate exam. Sign of age I guess.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Giorgio » Mon May 18, 2015 11:08 am

Feels like this is the less exciting E3 event to anticipate for the last 2-3 years.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby ys » Mon May 18, 2015 12:09 pm

Peter wrote: As bizarre as it may sound, games all look the same to me these days. All polished, with no flaws etc. I loved imperfections, and down right shitty games. Dragons Blood on the Dreamcast comes to mind. Total pants across all aspects, but it had a charm.

You're not the only one. These "big" revelations don't do much personally. Mostly because a trailer often doesn't reflect the actual gameplay. And some of the "charm" seemed to disappear during the previous generation when things got even more mainstream and streamlined in general. When games got increasingly more focus tested etc. That way most quirks get ironed out so you get a generic result that appeals to the biggest audience. Which in a few cases also means pandering to the lowest common denominator.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon May 18, 2015 12:36 pm

Giorgio wrote:Feels like this is the less exciting E3 event to anticipate for the last 2-3 years.

Yeah, this is probably the first time for me where I'm like "meh" about it. It's just the same old every year now aside from the odd cool announcement. It's pretty predictable nowadays.

As far as what I want to see basically just Star Fox, Deus Ex and whatever From Software is making next (Armored Core, new IP, DLC for Bloodborne, new Souls game, IP revival; whatever) aside from that? Meeeeeeeeeeh. I'm of the same mindset as Mittens nowadays, already got tons of games to play now anyway.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Kenny » Mon May 18, 2015 3:52 pm

I'm looking forward to some Star Fox this year.

Mirror's Edge 2 would be a plus too if they have something to show for. But what i'm looking forward to the most are the indie games, they had some great ones last year and I need to jot down some names this time so I can purchase them later on the PSN for $2.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Tue May 19, 2015 11:47 am

Same with Kenny, I'd like to see something of the new Mirror's Edge. I'm trying to keep expectations low, because the original has such a fond place in my memory (don't want to let nostalgia cloud my view of what might be a good game), but I still can't help being eager to see something of it anyway.

Also hoping something is actually shown of Space Hulk: Deathwing. There have been a couple trailers already, but so far nothing showing gameplay. Kind of a nut for the Warhammer 40k universe, but the games are usually strategy (usually not my genre, unless it's the Japanese kind), so I'm always interested in seeing action games based on it. And the trailers that have been shown had a pretty nice sense of style and flair to them, so I'm really eager to see the game itself.

Looking forward to the Mad Max game of course, so I hope some sort of extended walkthrough footage is shown, displaying how the game actually flows between hand-to-hand fighting, little bits of shooting, car customization, and wasteland vehicle combat.

And even though I'm not keen on the idea of it right now, I would actually like to see how the Phantom Dust remake is shaping up. Out of curiosity, more than anything. I'm not expecting much, being that it's free-to-play, likely with a million microtransactions to be made. But I'm curious to see it, either to be impressed at how much they're getting right, or to feel like I was right about how much the devs probably don't understand what made the original great. Either way, I'm just interested in seeing how it's going.

So uh... yeah.
In years past, I've personally always been a bit more eager for TGS rather than E3. I always saw E3 as the place where they show off the bloated mainstream western garbage, while TGS actually shows off the more interesting (to me personally) Japanese selection of upcoming titles.
Thing is, in recent years Japanese gaming (especially the stuff that actually gets localized and comes west) has started to turn pretty sour. Some argue that it happened long ago, but it's really only this past year or two that I'm noticing how almost everything Japanese has this ugly, uncomfortable, giant-eyed, pedo/otaku-bait sense of art design, and that doesn't appeal to me at all.
I won't try to say that Japanese gaming is dying off or anything (such a dramatic thing to say, especially since art styles and inventiveness of gameplay tends to run in cycles, just like everything else), but at the moment it appeals to me a lot less than usual.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Tue May 19, 2015 12:24 pm

I thought Microsoft pulled the plug on that Phantom Dust reboot? I remembering reading articles about the devs not meeting Microsoft's expectations with the budget they were given.

I doubt it will happen but I hope now is the time for the next Armored Core entry. It would be nice to see an new IP from Square Enix as well, a more traditional RPG hopefully. Level-5 was supposed to be working on something too for home consoles.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue May 19, 2015 1:04 pm

Oh yeah thought of something, I'd like a date for Persona 5's release and Gravity Rush 2 to be finally announced.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Next

Return to General Gaming