Fallout 4

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Fallout 4

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:19 am

About fucking time they gave protagonists a voice.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby mrslig100 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:48 am

HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS!!! ITS NOT HAPPENING!
SELL YOUR CHILDREN BLOCK OUT YOUR WINDOWS AND TURN THAT MONITOR ON ITS FALLOUT TIME LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!

OFFICIAL THREAD >>> http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/296806882/fallout-4
GET IN THERE LADS!
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby mrslig100 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:00 pm

mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:03 pm

Raithos wrote: the game ran fine on 360

After running in to 3 gamebreaking bugs on 360 I gave up on it. I never bothered trying to play it on PS3 but it definitely had it's issues on 360.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby OL » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:24 pm

Raithos wrote:edit: Here's the trailer

phpBB [video]

Looks interesting so far (although you can paint me personally a tiny bit disappointed that it isn't flatter and more barren :lol: ).
I would imagine that's the in-game graphics engine being used, and it looks pretty nice. Not exactly Uncharted 4, sure, but taking into account the size the game will no doubt be, I wasn't really expecting the most cutting edge of cutting edge graphics anyway.
Tonally, I'm a tiny bit worried that they're trying to push it into a slightly more "serious" corner, which isn't exactly the best idea in the world. Half of the appeal of Fallout for me has always been the sense of humor, the pop culture references, the riffing on 50s sci-fi concepts. Despite being post-apocalyptic, the series has always had a very clear sense of "fun" at the heart if its attitude. The big focus in the trailer on actually being present as the bombs drop, and the more dire tone of the radio broadcast... don't want to jump to conclusions, but I just hope it isn't an indication of the game being more "serious" than before.

Have to say though, they're overusing the Ink Spots music now. It worked brilliantly in the first game, then the second game used Louis Armstrong, which also worked brilliantly. Then years later, Fallout 3 came along and used the Ink Spots again, which felt like a nice little throwback, a reminder of the series' basic style.
But using them again for Fallout 4? That's an overuse. New Vegas had the right idea, using Blue Moon sung by Frank Sinatra. Of course, New Vegas was also developed partly by folks who actually worked on the original games, so they understood the whole point of these theme songs. They really should have aimed for a different theme song for Fallout 4, just so they're not repeating things so goddamn much. It's an inconsequential detail, I'm just saying.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:35 pm

Blue Moon? Defo gonna have to play it now, and I didn't even want to...
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:57 am

phpBB [video]

Comes out 10th November this year.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby OL » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:32 am

Looking pretty spiffy. Certainly interesting that the protagonist is now fully-voiced, and the interaction with the dog looks great. Maybe not the most intuitive, but I always love a good mutt in gaming anyway.
Still not a huge fan of the way most of the environments look, but that's only because I'm nostalgically-biased; there's nothing wrong with the ones here, I just have my own preferences.
And weirdly, the story actually seems pretty intriguing; previously the overarching storylines weren't really the most interesting parts. They were just excuses to get you into trouble with side-quests and all that. Find a water chip, find the GECK, find your dad! But with the character in the one actually being there when the bombs drop, then emerging from a vault 200 years later, same guy and all... yeah, it's got me interested.
Cool stuff.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:58 am

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:48 pm

Genuinely woulda paid money for a proper analog-controlled Pip-Boy. Such a cheap way of gettin out of it.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby DaMulder » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:47 pm

Sounds to me like you guys simply need a PC. It will work better on PS4 now I would guess. But it was always made for PC and then ported to console.
DaMulder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Kerbal Space Program

Previous

Return to General Gaming