Final Fantasy VII Remake

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:28 pm

Thought I'd make this a separate post since it's pretty big news. Apparently the first game is finished! Some updates from Famitsu:

They want add delver further into Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie.
They have an idea about the number of installments that will be released, but they’re not at the stage where they can say anything.
They’re not talking about online right now.
The scenario of the first part up until its ending is already complete.
They’re getting technological assistance from the Kingdom Hearts team with Unreal Engine 4, since they’ve been using it with Kingdom Hearts III.
Cloud’s hallucination scenes will be more meaningful.
As for the cast, they’re continuing plans with the voice actors from Advent Children, but there are some that still haven’t been offered yet. Red XIII only made a cameo appearance, so his voice is likely to be changed.
Separate from Limit Breaks, there is another unique system. They can’t show it yet, but the it’ll be different depending on the player’s fighting style.
Nothing has been decided about guarding yet.

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: Axm, OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Axm » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:20 pm

Very excited for the game. It honestly seems like they are working hard to make it more than just what we expect and expand on the characters.
Honestly I really liked all 3 FF13 games and the FF15 demo was great. Also FF14 is probably one of the best MMO's out there next to SWTOR.
So I actually have very little doubt we will get a bad game here. Has not everything we've seen so far look awesome already?! Most anticipated game besides Shenmue 3.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby OL » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:52 pm

^^No no, you misunderstand.
The problem isn't that we might get a bad game. It's that we're getting too many games.
FUCK YOU SQUARE. :lol:
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:07 am

I like some of the ideas I read on that list, its starting to seem like part of what this new and extra content is is just more of what happened during the course of the original game and perhaps other things going on with other characters in a way we have not seen yet. I would also suspect some story elements may connect to Crisis Core/other compilation of FFVII games and Advent Children.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: OL
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:13 am

Well I guess there's at least one reason to be pissed about multiple releases: Sephiroth probably won't be in the first release at all.
I want to see Nibelheim in flames, dammit!
OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:17 am

Square be like "We makin Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VII-2, Final Fantasy VII-3, Final Fantasy VII-4, and Final Fantasy VII-5 BITCHES!!!!" :lol:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:22 pm

^ I know you were joking, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if a Crisis Core remake ended up happening as a result of all this.

Anyway, if I had to guess, I'd assume that the first scenario would be all of Midgar? Maybe that's too little, but since they're adding more stuff to do with Biggs Wedge and Jessie, perhaps that means Midgar is going to be expanded? Anyway, looking forward to this -- I had a bit of an attachment to Jessie when I was a kid and always wanted to see more with Avalanche.

Thief has received a thanks from: OL
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:06 am

^^It's weird, isn't it? I always felt like there was more to Jessie as well. I think just because there's that part in the first mako reactor, where she seems to have her foot stuck, so Cloud goes over and helps her free. For some reason I always felt like they had a little moment when I'd do that scene as a kid, but then nothing at all came out of it.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:05 pm

Only downside I see to more story is having to hear more of that god-awful dub they gave cloud.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Raithos » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:18 pm

I'm really interested in seeing how it gets divided up. Even though it will likely not be the case, I hope once its all released we will be able to play it straight through with no interruptions or credits rolling for each episode.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Kenny » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:51 pm

Cloud’s hallucination scenes will be more meaningful.

You mean they weren't before?
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:13 pm

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantas ... games-more

Regarding Voices…

Nomura: “Basically, it will be fully voiced. We still haven’t decided the voices of the characters that weren’t in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.”

So does that mean dating events will be fully voiced?

Kitase: “It would be impossible not to. (Laughs.) However, since it’s different from that time and social situation, we need implement the reproduction of original events carefully.”

Nomura: “Ah, the Honey Bee Inn… (Laughs.)”

Is the map open world?

Kitase: “We can’t say anything yet, but we don’t plan on fussing about whether it’s a so-called open-world or sandbox. But since Nomura is more focused on the creation of the scenery, we want to express an environment character actions affect the scenery.”

Will there be mini-games?

Kitase: “We want to put the mini-games that remain favorable among fans in as much as possible.”

Nomura: “There were a lot of things from big to small, but we need to consider a bit whether it’s necessary to create them all with the latest technology.”

Kitase: “The development staff is also thinking about what to do with the mini-games.”

How’s production going?

Kitase: “We’re at the stage where we can say we’re finally getting started. We have ideas regarding battles, too, but it will take time to drop them into the actual game.”

Final Fantasy VII‘s 20th anniversary is in 2017. Can we expect anything for its original release date on January 31?

Kitase: “I can’t say anything at the moment. (Laughs.)”

Nomura: “Personally, I’m waiting for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 and World of Final Fantasy in 2016. I think when they’re completed, I’ll be able to release new information.”

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantas ... rQcSlla.99
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby south carmain » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:40 pm

I have a feeling that they're going to drop the world map and a lot of side content with it.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Axm » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:55 pm

Kinda saw that coming..kinda takes away from the episodic nature of the game if it isnt seperated by different areas. Maybe they still make the last episode or something open map ala FF13.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:12 pm

That was my biggest fear when they announced it would be episodic too. If it's the case I am a lot less hyped tbh.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming