Fatal Frame 5 E3 trailer

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Fatal Frame 5 E3 trailer

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:42 pm

phpBB [video]

Most anticipated game coming out this year next to MGS5 and Persona 5.

Henry Spencer has received 4 thanks from: OL, Raithos, Samanosuke Akechi, Thief
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Re: Fatal Frame 5 E3 trailer

Postby Thief » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:46 pm

Can I just say what the fuck is going on? It's like the universe knew my interest in modern games was dwindling. So much stuff to be excited about -- I don't even know where to look on this forum. I am missing posts on ShenmueDojo? I usually read them all. Anyway, looks great.

Thief has received 3 thanks from: Henry Spencer, OL, Raithos
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:52 pm

That trailer looks amazing.
I only wish the game weren't WiiU-exclusive. Aside from this game, I have almost no interest in the system. And weirdly enough, I still think of Fatal Frame as a Playstation series.
All the same, I'll still probably buy the game, whether I have the system or not. Gotta love Koei Tecmo these days. Just pumping out the love for their longtime fans.

OL has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:26 pm

Thief wrote: I am missing posts on ShenmueDojo? I usually read them all.

I thought the same thing earlier. I can't keep up and its really bugging me for some reason.

Trailer looks great. I'm really glad they are making good use of the Gamepad too.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:20 pm

Fans of limited edition offerings should keep an eye out for Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water, coming to Wii U on 30th October. From that day, Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water – trial version creeps onto Nintendo eShop, giving players the opportunity to sample action from the game’s prologue and first two chapters at no cost before choosing whether to purchase all remaining chapters. At retail, the game will only be released as the Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water – Limited Edition bundle, featuring a copy of the game in its standalone packaging, a double-sided poster, an art book, four Spirit Photographs, and a SteelBook™ cover.

http://nintendoeverything.com/fatal-fra ... mo-coming/

I like that we're still calling it "Project Zero" over here. I personally like both titles for the series and both work well in the context of the series. Hope you guys in NA get access to a similar limited edition, since this is great. A Halloween release date is also a fantastic release date.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby amiga1200 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:33 pm

:mrgreen: what a series!
played the first three on the ps2 (first two on xbox) but couldn't get to grips with the wiimote relz of four on the wii.
have a wiiu, but i'll watch this space, put the thing back into storage pending a EULA/TOC destroying hard/softmod. :P
fatal frame/project zero is NOT for children. (michigan report was an attempt at the same genre, wasn't as good as FF/PZ, but i enjoyed it for it's plot.)
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby OL » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:55 pm

Actually a nice looking LE. The spirit photographs are a nice touch.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:24 am

Digital only in North America. Welp. #-o
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Yama » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:49 am

Wish it wasn't, but whatevs... just want the game already, happy to have it.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby OL » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:34 pm

Mudda fugga...
Well, they just lost a purchase from me. Not because I'm that against digital-only stuff (I am sucking it up and buying Yakuza 5, after all), but because I don't have the console, and therefore can't buy the game. Was going to buy it despite not having a Wii-U, but I guess that plan is down the drain.

Don't want to complain on it all too hard, because I really, genuinely think KoeiTecmo is pretty fucking grand these days... but seriously, what the hell?
How can they possibly justify localizing and physically releasing niche-as-hell games like Nobunaga's Ambition and the Deception series (on multiple platforms, no less), but not a practically guaranteed hit like Fatal Frame 5?
Seriously, the audiences over here for Japanese (non-RPG) strategy games and low-budget trap games is far, far smaller than the potential audience for a good, solid Japanese horror game. Out of any of the games they're putting out recently, I would have thought that this would have been guaranteed a physical release. This genuinely makes no goddamn sense.

It's unlikely, but I really, really hope this game eventually gets ported to another system. I have to think the only explanation for the lack of a physical release is the fact that the Wii-U is performing pretty poorly right now, which would make the risk for releasing this (as opposed to the niche games on a more popular platform) a bit higher.
Or something.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:43 pm

You might not care Yama, but this potentially could actually kill the series forever in the West, since it's not only being released on a dead system, but as a digital only game. I sure as hell hope the European fans make up for the bad sales it'll get. Supposedly the game bombed in Japan too, so I hope this isn't the end for this amazing series. I hope if they make another one they decide to go back to PlayStation next time, since I feel more horror game fans will have those systems, since let's face it, despite Nintendo attempting to branch out by getting the Fatal Frame series on its system, Nintendo systems are rarely known for their horror games (again, they tried with getting Bio/RE on Gamecube back in the day, with bad sales for RE0). I'm still glad Fatal Frame V is on Wii U in a way though, that use of the Wii U gamepad is going to be ingeniuous and with a master designer/director like Makoto Shibata behind it, it's bound to bring some interesting scenarios.

I kind of wanted a new Deception on Wii U too, just because of the dual screen function (Wii U gamepad could have been used to set the traps, TV for the real time action going on at the same time). Ah well.

@Orange: I think Nintendo were the ones publishing it, so it's them that are to blame here. They always skip out on physical releases nowadays for niche games, it seems. We remember how things happened at the end of the Wii's life cycle too, right? If Nintendo had let Tecmo-Koei handle it, I bet we wouldn't have this mess. Hopefully they port the game to other systems in the future so more people can play it. I bet the game lost the company a fair bit amount of money when is all said and done.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Return to General Gaming