Brutal Doom

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Brutal Doom

Postby csmakio » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:23 pm

Anyone else playing this yet? Its fantastic. If you are a fan of the original Doom you need to check this out. I'm floored by how well it looks and plays. Was disappointed by the Doom trailer released at E3, just doesn't look like its going to carry the nostalgia/feel of the original. Brutal Doom is a very very welcome replacement =D>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSzYliSASKc
http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom

csmakio has received 3 thanks from: Kenny, MiTT3NZ, OL
csmakio
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: csmakio
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Brutal Doom

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:24 pm

Some of that looks absolute jokes. Still though, gotta disagree about the new game, Inreckon it's a natural evolution of the series.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Locke_cole » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:30 pm

Yea its great!
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:34 pm

I don't think the new one carries a bunch of nostalgia with it, but then the series hasn't really been about that so far anyway. Doom 3 felt entirely different from original Doom, but it was a great game regardless. Doom 4 looks like something entirely different as well (with the one throwback being the focus on constant action).

But yeah, Brutal Doom looks pretty cool. Makes the mind spin when you think of all the old sprite-based PC games that fans could alter like this.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:36 pm

FUCK YEA
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby csmakio » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:54 pm

I should have been more clear, by no means do I think the new Doom looks bad, I just don't think it is Doom. I'm loving the environment and style of the game, I agree its all about its evolution and that looks on point. HOWEVER, the gameplay looks weak. It is way to slow and it seems like it takes way longer than it should to bring down some of the enemies. The shotgun and the plasma rifle dont look nearly as powerful as they should be. When you use the shotgun in Doom\Brutal Doom you can feel how powerful it is, most enemies drop in a shot or two. They were shooting at baddies point blank 3 or 4 times in the demo, I don't like that :| . Will I buy the game? Without question. Im just worried they are going to blow it :(
csmakio
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: csmakio

Return to General Gaming