Mafia 3

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Mafia 3

Postby Vito » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:35 pm

The second game left us hanging. It's like GTA but oldern style. Vito Scaletta is the protagonist (my avatar). Just like Shenmue and Half Life, fans want the 3rd game. The story is great and Mafia 2 was a long game.
Vito
Banned
Banned

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Mafia

Re: Mafia 3

Postby BlueMue » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:13 pm

I want Mafia 3. Mafia and Mafia 2 are among my all time favorite games. I have a feeling that 3, when it actually comes out, won't be a direct continuation of the story that Mafia 2 left hanging though. It's probably in the 60's or 70's with a throwback to the characters of 2 or something like that.

I could really image a story with the grown son of Tommy who seeks revenge for the assasination of his father, ending up joining the mafia himself.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Yama » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Definitely want this, I think it'll happen pretty soon.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby BlueMue » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:39 am

Out of nowhere comes an update on Mafia III. It's going to be revealed in just 3 days from now!
Shenmue III and now Mafia III. Things are going hand in hand. \:D/

https://mafiagame.com/
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Jesse » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:05 pm

New information:

There will be a tutorial for the game, but don’t expect it to take place in Vietnam like the World War 2 section of Mafia 2. The focus for the new tutorial is to introduce the player to New Orleans and the new characters.

The time span for the game will be around nine months, and while there will be weather changes don’t expect anything like snow. Most weather effects will come in the form of rain and how vehicles handle during that time.

There will be a possibility of more reunions in Mafia 3 though this cannot be confirmed or denied at this time.
Storylines from the second game will be featured up to a point, like what happened to Joe.

There will be collectables in the game, much like the Playboy magazines from the second game. There will be a greater variety of these in Mafia 3.

The question of torture was raised, and this may be used in the interrogation scenes for the game. There will be celebration of this method of information retrieval though, especially if it turns violent.

As with other open world games side missions can be completed after the main story is complete.

Fan boats also confirmed.

I'm most interested in what songs they choose for the radio above all else. The setting and era are also intriguing.
Jesse
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby reptile » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:59 pm

Just browsed through and never knew the third game is even coming. Googled straight away. This is a good buy as Mafia II's storytelling was golden.
reptile
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Chloe10 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:27 pm

Mafia 2 and 3 are excellent games never played the original Mafia though :mrgreen:
Chloe10
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Raithos » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:50 pm

You've never played Mafia 3 either lol
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Jesse » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:35 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UdSpFXz8Q4

Mafia 3 story trailer. It also has a release date of October 7 same day as Gears Of War 4 apparently.
Jesse

PSN: Jrockstr

Return to General Gaming