SEGA TGS 2015 Teaser Website / Lineup

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: SEGA TGS 2015 Teaser Website / Lineup

Postby fittersau » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:34 am

OL wrote: Or hey, just Binary Domain 2. I'd be happy about that.

BD2 would be great if it could be properly coop'd. I know coop games tend to bomb, besides Borderlands, but I do enjoy them. Binary Domain was set up to be an awesome coop third person shooter.

Axm wrote: Yakuza is played out. They need something fresh.

Yeah, I'm tired of Yakuza.. even then I only played 3 & 4. It was really just a long appetizer before the main course. BRING ON SHENMUE! :mrgreen:

"How to become a Ganguro man!"

fittersau has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, Mr357
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Monkei » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:02 am

Two possible new titles found in website source code: "Thirteen Mecha-Soldier Defense Zone" (PS4, PS Vita) and "Lexus" (PS4, PS3).

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/10/sega-might-have-a-new-vanillaware-title-to-announce-at-tokyo-game-show/

I've been thinking about the possibility of a Shenmue HD announcement recently, and while I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for SEGA at TGS, I think it's more likely that Sony is going to do it at Paris Games Week or some other event, just like they did with Yakuza 5 and Shenmue III. They are the ones we have to thank for all of this after all, they're taking care of the whole Shenmue resurrection business.

Edit: By the way, there's already a list of games SEGA is going go show at TGS, it's just not the complete one yet:

Phantasy Star Online 2 [Vita, PC]
7th Dragon III Code: VFD [3DS]
The World End Eclipse [Vita, PC, iOS, Android]
BLADE ARCUS from Shining EX [PS4, PS3]
Miracle Girls Festival [Vita]
LEGO Jurassic World [3DS, Wii U, PS4, PS3]
Criminal Girls 2 [Vita]
Yuusha Shisu. [Vita]
Steins;Gate 0 [PS4, PS3, Vita]
Chain Chronicle [iOS, Android]
Chain Chronicle V [Vita]
Monster Gear [iOS, Android]
Chaos Dragon [iOS, Android]
Puyopuyo!! Quest [iOS, Android]
Hortensia SAGA [iOS, Android]
Sakatsuku Shoot [iOS, Android]
Ange Vierge [iOS, Android]
Kingdom Conquest II [iOS, Android]
Sonic Runners [iOS, Android]
Sen-no-kaizoku [iOS, Android]
Xuccess Heaven [iOS, Android]
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir [PS4, PS3, Vita]

http://personacentral.com/odin-sphere-leifthrasir-confirmed-for-tgs-2015-current-sega-tgs-lineup/
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Zoltor » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:24 am

WTF is BLADE ARCUS from Shining EX, It's supposedly some fighting game spin-off of Shining force EXA Iguess, except It's not, because I don't recognize any of the characters. Was there another Shining game with EX in the title?

Does anyone know if 7th Dragon 3 is going to be a real RPG or some mainstream smut like the 2nd game(a trailer that shows only 2 seconds of gameplay, is not a good sign of confidence. It's nice to see Sega actually develop something, but if they turn into Square, what's the point) ? I like the sound of the little bit of technical info, but It's not much to go on. Also is it going to be Japan only like the 1st game?

Is PSO 2 getting a US release? Wikipedia doesn't mention a possible outside of Japan release at all, while Gamefaqs states It's coming to all regions, but who knows how long that info has been there.

I can guarantee you Steins;Gate has a bigger fanbase outside of Japan, but NA wont be getting Steins;Gate 0 for obvious reasons.

Holy crap, sega is releasing a new tactic series Yuusha Shisu, can't find much info on this, but there are a bunch of pictures, and boy are they telling, I would actually probally buy a utter POS Vita for this, but it being a brand new franchise, with not much info released evidently, I doubt we'll be seeing that.

A bunch of stupid ios crap, but atleast unlike certain companies they can publish worthwhile games in addition to such.

However It's the same every damn year, we know Sega is good at picking development companies to make great games for them, and we know as long as it Isn't a Sonic game, they can even still develop great games, but let me ask you this, how many of their so called upcoming games, are going to be released outside of Japan, that's the real question?
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Monkei » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:51 am

PSO 2 has been announced for PS4, but so far there doesn't appear to be much of a chance for a western release on any platform:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/08/22/phantasy-star-online-2-ps4-west/

Edit: SEGA has announced its full official lineup for TGS 2015, minus the announcements they're keeping for the show (like that Thirteen Mecha-Soldier and Lexus stuff):

Sega Games

7th Dragon III Code: VFD (3DS) – Playable, Stage
Blade Arcus from Shining EX (PS4, PS3) – Playable (PS4), Stage
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition (PS4, PS3, PSV) – Playable (PS4), Stage
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (PSV, PS4) – Playable (PSV), Stage
Miracle Girls Festival (PSV) – Playable, Stage
Phantasy Star Online 2 (PS4, PSV, PC) – Playable (PS4), Stage
Sega NET Mahjong MJ (PC, Android, iOS) – Stage
World End Eclipse (PSV, PC, Android, iOS) – Stage

Atlus

Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir (PS4, PS3, PSV) – Playable (PS4)
Persona 5 (PS4, PS3) – Stage

Nippon Ichi Software

Criminal Girls 2 (PSV) – Playable, Stage

Mages

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World (???) – Playable, Stage

Warner Bros.

LEGO Jurassic World (PS4, PS3, 3DS, Wii U) – Playable (PS4, 3DS)

http://gematsu.com/2015/09/sega-announces-tgs-2015-lineup
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:04 am

Other than Persona 5 can't say I'm all that interested. Hopefully the announcements are good.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Zoltor » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:05 am

Monkei wrote: PSO 2 has been announced for PS4, but so far there doesn't appear to be much of a chance for a western release on any platform:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/08/22/phantasy-star-online-2-ps4-west/

Well, nothing new then, It's business as usual at Sega. If we don't even get PSO 2, a MMORPG based on a popular franchise for PS 4(the best selling console this gen, never mind PC, which PC gaming is far bigger in EU/NA then it ever was in Japan), the odds of us getting those obscure other games, are about as good as Sega stepping forward, and saying they'll give Yu the 4.7m more he needs, to make the best Shenmue 3 he can make.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:10 am

I've given up on PSO2. Even if they do eventually release it I'm not supporting it.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Zoltor » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:14 am

south carmain wrote: I've given up on PSO2. Even if they do eventually release it I'm not supporting it.

It's a bunch of utter retarted morons running Sega I swear. PSO 2 aside, nevemind that.

How many times we see then release a game like 3-5 times in Japan, yet not even released once outside of Japan?

What kind of BS logic is that?
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:21 am

^^Different markets have different mainstream tastes. Japan's mainstream is completely different from the rest of the world, so a surefire hit there won't necessarily be a surefire hit everywhere else. You also have to take into account the size of the country; Japan is tiny, so releasing a game there isn't actually that expensive, whereas doing it worldwide (or even just in the US or Europe) takes a lot more money.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Zoltor » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:34 am

OL wrote: ^^Different markets have different mainstream tastes. Japan's mainstream is completely different from the rest of the world, so a surefire hit there won't necessarily be a surefire hit everywhere else. You also have to take into account the size of the country; Japan is tiny, so releasing a game there isn't actually that expensive, whereas doing it worldwide (or even just in the US or Europe) takes a lot more money.

Um, since in what god damn era, has any friggen Japanese company even try to understand the non-Japanese market, let alone Sega of all companies(they're byfar the worst company when it comes to not knowing a god damn thing about any market outside of Japan).

It's not even limited to the gaming industry either.

Japanese companies are full of such nationalistic people, most have never been outside of Japan at all in general.

Yu is a very, very, very rare species, and I'm not talking about his legendary skills either. Especially for someone from his gen, It's beyond belief someone like him even exists.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:36 pm

What Konami did with Castlevania and Capcom did with Devil May Cry was those companies trying to appeal to the West. Unless you make smaller games like Atlus then you can't run a company just off the income of the Japanese market. That's why Square have bought Edios so they have titles like Tomb Raider and Hitman.

You only have to look at how Sony make America their main focus now. You used to have Kaz come out at E3 but now it's the head of Sony America and America got the PS4 weeks ahead of Japan. Japan used to get games months and sometimes years ahead of us and now they're released same day as Japan isn't the main market.

SEGA have tried to appeal to the West by making the Alien games, Marvel movie tie ins and the Olympic Games. SEGA even had the Yakuza team make Binary Domain to try and appeal more to the western audience and where quite open about it.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Yama » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:24 pm

All I want to see is some P5, anything else is a bonus.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Monkei » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:03 pm

Riku Rose wrote: What Konami did with Castlevania and Capcom did with Devil May Cry

Worked for me, I loved DmC.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:13 am

Zoltor wrote:Um, since in what god damn era, has any friggen Japanese company even try to understand the non-Japanese market, let alone Sega of all companies(they're byfar the worst company when it comes to not knowing a god damn thing about any market outside of Japan).

And when has any Western company ever bothered to try appealing more to the Japanese market?
It kind of goes both ways.
Actually, I'd say the Japanese do more on a regular basis to try to get into the western market. It's not that rare to find Japanese devs trying their hands at more Western-style genres, as Riku pointed out. I've seen plenty of Japanese-made cover shooters and FPS's.
On the flip side of that, do mainstream Western devs ever delve into visual novels or Monster Hunter-style games (two huge genres in Japan)?
Not quite so much.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Kiske » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:45 am

There will be an annoucement most likely concerning Yakuza on september 15th during the SCEJA Press Conference 2015.

(image from the official front page of Yakuza)

http://gematsu.com/2015/09/new-yakuza-g ... ptember-15

To be honest, I mostly care about Sony and third-party Japanese developers conference because of my crazy hopes in some Shenmue related annoucement... :oops:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming