Valkyria Revolution

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Valkyria Chronicles and Azure Revolution coming to PS4

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:04 pm

US Announcement Trailer

phpBB [video]

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/valkyria-chr ... est-spring

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered is coming to the Americas and Europe both physically and digitally this spring, Sega announced. It will cost $29.99 / CA$44.99.

In the Americas, pre-orders and a limited number of launch edition retail copies of Valkyria Chronicles Remastered will come packaged in a collectible Squad 7 Armored Case.

The PlayStation 4 version of the tactical RPG runs in 1080p at 60 frames per second, and features both Japanese and English audio support, all the original downloadable content, and PlayStation Network trophy support.

Here’s the full fact sheet, via Sega:

About

In the world of Valkyria Chronicles, the year is 1935 E.C., and the continent of Europa has been plunged into the Second Europan War between the Autocratic East Europan Imperial Alliance — also known as The Empire — and the Atlantic Federation over the precious resource Ragnite. The Empire is sweeping through the continent like an unchecked wildfire and has its eyes set on the rich Ragnite deposits of the Principality of Gallia. Although peaceful Gallia remains neutral in the conflict, its citizens will need to defend home and country against the inevitable invasion. Players follow Lieutenant Welkin Gunther and the vaunted Squad 7 of the Gallian Militia as they take on the seemingly insurmountable forces of the Empire.

Features

HD “CANVAS” Graphics Engine – The stunning, painterly graphics return, but this time in 1080p/60fps high definition quality! Battles and cutscenes are conveyed like a vibrant tapestry in motion.

“BLiTZ” tactical battle system – Part overhead turn-based strategy, part RPG, and part real-time 3rd person shooter, the” BLiTZ” system is an innovative mechanic that makes battles simultaneously strategic and action-packed. Players will command and control their soldiers and tanks as they take on the Empire in 30 different battlefronts.

Memorable storyline – Set against the backdrop of a world war, Gunther, Alicia, Largo and the rest of the fierce members of Squad 7 fight for personal reasons in the name of freedom, and the hope against all odds of liberating Gallia from Empire control, all in the face of the terrible realities of war.

DLC Included – Besides the core game, Valkyria Chronicles Remastered includes all previously released DLC: Hard EX Mode, Edy’s Mission, Selvaria’s Mission, and Challenge of the Edy Detachment.

In Japan, Valkyria Chronicles Remastered will launch for PlayStation 4 on February 10 and include a “Battle Demo Ver. 1.0” for Sega’s new PlayStation 4 title Valkyria: Azure Revolution, which is due out this winter in the country. When asked by Gematsu, Sega said it currently has no word on Valkyria: Azure Revolution.

Watch the announcement trailer and new footage via today’s Sega-Nama broadcast on Niconico below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery. Visit the official website here -----> http://valkyria.sega.com/
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kintor » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:56 pm

As I said earlier in this thread, I'm definitely buying the remaster. Now that a Western release is confirmed I'll pre-order the game at the first opportunity and be ready to play it, day one.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby FlagshipFighter » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:14 am

This is good news. I played this game on steam a couple of years ago and loved it! I played a bit of the sequel but stopped for now. Hopefully this is a sign of more console games for come.

Interested to see how the azure rev. demo fairs...
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:30 pm

More info on Azure Revoluation and Trailer as well

http://rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2016/012316a.html

New information concerning Valkyria: Azure Revolution, the latest instalment in Sega's Valkyria saga, has been made public. Apart from details concerning the game's setting, a new character, and a more in-depth look at the LeGION battle system, we've gotten an extended trailer, and two behind-the-scenes videos of composer Yasunori Mitsuda's work on the soundtrack.

The kingdom of Jutland, the game's setting and home of its main protagonist, has been embroiled in a war with the neighboring Rus Empire. At the heart of this conflict between Jutland, the Rus Empire, and several neighboring countries lies Ragnite, a mineral found to have valuable properties of imbuing soldiers with magical abilities.

While Jutland sends its warriors, including Amleth, the game's protagonist, and the princess Ophelia to the battlefield, the Rus Empire has sent them a worthy foe. Maxim, young general to Emperor Claudius, leads Rus' forces to battle. Having received Ragnite implants, Maxim possesses devastating magical talents that Jutland's heroes must face time and time again in battle.

The battle system itself — LeGION — has been further detailed. Battle missions (two of which will feature in the demo packed in with the upcoming Valkyria Chronicles Remaster) will be divided into three separate stages: briefing, combat, and result. The main combat phase is further split into distinct long-range ballistics and close-quarters fighting using melee and magic. Players' tactics during long-range combat, and whether they take advantage of enemy reactions — for instance a surprise attack causing enemies to lower their guard — will have an impact in how the close-range fracas plays out.

Permadeath is in effect should a unit fall in battle, unless it is "rescued" prior to its real-time countdown reaching zero. Should any units meet their maker in battle, they will be permanently removed from the game, as will any character-specific plot points.

Alongside this bounty of information, an extended trailer has been released, as well as two separate musical score "Making of" videos. In the first one, composer Yasunori Mitsuda works alongside the Tokyo Symphony Orchestra on the game's main theme song, "Aoki Kakumei"; the second sees Mitsuda-san collaborating with singer Sarah Àlainn on the in-game song "Eternal Rest".

Valkyria: Azure Revolution is scheduled to release in Japan sometime during winter of 2016. The game will be released exclusively for PlayStation 4 with no news yet regarding a western release.

phpBB [video]

Some new videos of Yasunori Mitsudas Work on the games sound track

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:13 pm

Nice music, but the game is still looking like just a really cliche modern JRPG. I think the gameplay will really make it or break it for this one. The aesthetics (outside of the music) still just aren't doing anything for me, so unless it's just got a really phenomenal battle system... ehhh.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:39 pm

I am a bit on the fence about Azure Rvolution as well, but I dont mind the direction of the visuals as much. I will say this though, that new trailer makes it look a little bit more like the Valkyria we all know, at least in terms of the war setting anyway. I just hope Sega doesnt ruin Valkyria series like it has Shining series with this new direction. At least we know for sure the remaster is coming, as for the new game I think the remaster is a gesture Azure should follow. Looks like we will have to wait and see.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:26 pm

Reminds me a lot of the latest Shining games...really kinda generic anime JRPGs with no defining artistic traits. That said, it could be a fun game to play, but i am really sorely disappointed it's not a SRPG since there's so few console SRPGs nowadays as it is.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:21 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Reminds me a lot of the latest Shining games...really kinda generic anime JRPGs with no defining artistic traits.

I disagree, I think the huge machine weapons they are battling are those very defining artistic traits you speak of. As for the character designs and their clothing and weapons, I could see how some people might think its just "generic anime style" but I think thats just getting around the fact that it does have some artistic flare, its not like its completely boring to the eyes, it has substance, I think its just perhaps we have seen similar styles before and its more of a matter of frequency than this actually being a bad style.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:45 pm

phpBB [video]

Lookin good Sega! This game is getting more and more promising, and this trailer is abosoultely gorgeous. Still no Western release announcement yet but it almost seems inevitable, this game definitely has the look of something deserving to come out here. I am officially hyped.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kintor » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:29 am

Yeah, loving the look of Azure Revolution. The more fantasy based setting has me intrigued; I think that Azure Revolution going to be an awesome game in its one right and a great addition to the Valkyria Chronicles franchise. Now we just need this game to get a Western release.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:21 am

Seems they won't release Azure Revolution in the West. What a shame.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kintor » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:41 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote:Seems they won't release Azure Revolution in the West. What a shame.

There's still plenty of time for Azure Revolution to get a Western release, even if it trails the original Japanese launch by a few months or more. I mean, I know that in the past things have been shaky with Valkyria Chronicles in the West but the phenomenal success of the PC port really got Sega's attention. The later PS4 remaster is a sign of Sega's goodwill; I think that Sega is willing to give Valkyria Chronicles another chance as a global franchise.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:42 pm

I think its comes out in the west, US and PAL, but thats just me (same markets as VC Remaster). But you cant deny the one lurking factor here, its sega, and there is no telling what they will actually do, their decision making can be absolutely dumb founding some times and they tend to just do what they want in terms of over seas release. But considering the way the console market is going in japan (save for the argument that the Vita version of this game may counter act the point im about to make) can they afford to keep it just in japan? I mean it looks like a high quality decent budget JRPG that could be successful in all regions, but is that the whole point of the Vita version? If it does come out in the west do we at least get the PS4 version? Do we not get the Vita Version? There are alot of questions...

The current japanese trend for many JRPG developers is to release PS3/PS4 or PS4/PSVita, but I have no idea if Sega has done this before in the past or not. Im trying to dissect that situation a little bit and see if there are any hints or clues that may indicate what they might do, but Sega is scarce in the JRPG department in recent years anyway. And I dont know if that means we ultimately have a better chance of seeing this come to the west or not. Anyone know if Sega has done any other PS3/PS4 or PS4/PSVita releases over the past couple years? Or is this Azure Revolution their first stint with the strategy?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kintor » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:04 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I think its comes out in the west, US and PAL, but thats just me (same markets as VC Remaster). But you cant deny the one lurking factor here, its sega, and there is no telling what they will actually do, their decision making can be absolutely dumb founding some times and they tend to just do what they want in terms of over seas release. But considering the way the console market is going in japan (save for the argument that the Vita version of this game may counter act the point im about to make) can they afford to keep it just in japan? I mean it looks like a high quality decent budget JRPG that could be successful in all regions, but is that the whole point of the Vita version? If it does come out in the west do we at least get the PS4 version? Do we not get the Vita Version? There are alot of questions...

The current japanese trend for many JRPG developers is to release PS3/PS4 or PS4/PSVita, but I have no idea if Sega has done this before in the past or not. Im trying to dissect that situation a little bit and see if there are any hints or clues that may indicate what they might do, but Sega is scarce in the JRPG department in recent years anyway. And I dont know if that means we ultimately have a better chance of seeing this come to the west or not. Anyone know if Sega has done any other PS3/PS4 or PS4/PSVita releases over the past couple years? Or is this Azure Revolution their first stint with the strategy?

Well, Sega did release Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax in 2015, which was both PS3 and Vita in the West. So giving a Western release to Azure Revolution on PS4 and Vita isn't without precedent. With that said, when Azure Revolution does find its way West it will probably be PS4 only. A lot of Japanese publishers are finally starting to back away from Vita development; even Sony has given up trying to support the platform. An unfortunate outcome for Vita fans but the writing has been on the wall for a while now; it's amazing the Vita has managed to get such prolonged support as it is.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:38 am

Kintor wrote:
Hyo Razuki wrote:Seems they won't release Azure Revolution in the West. What a shame.

There's still plenty of time for Azure Revolution to get a Western release, even if it trails the original Japanese launch by a few months or more. I mean, I know that in the past things have been shaky with Valkyria Chronicles in the West but the phenomenal success of the PC port really got Sega's attention. The later PS4 remaster is a sign of Sega's goodwill; I think that Sega is willing to give Valkyria Chronicles another chance as a global franchise.

Yeah, I heard about Valkyria Chronicles' huge success on Steam in the West. Guess this whole "strategy" thing is more or less a PC genre over here. Also the physical western version of Yakuza 0 coming in February, about one year after the JAP release, gives me some hope that Sega are not treating the Western markets as stepmotherly anymore. Remember, it took them like 3 years to get Yakuza 5 to the west and that was digital only. So maybe things are brightening up a bit. Let's hope for the best.

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I think its comes out in the west, US and PAL, but thats just me (same markets as VC Remaster). But you cant deny the one lurking factor here, its sega, and there is no telling what they will actually do, their decision making can be absolutely dumb founding some times and they tend to just do what they want in terms of over seas release. But considering the way the console market is going in japan (save for the argument that the Vita version of this game may counter act the point im about to make) can they afford to keep it just in japan? I mean it looks like a high quality decent budget JRPG that could be successful in all regions, but is that the whole point of the Vita version? If it does come out in the west do we at least get the PS4 version? Do we not get the Vita Version? There are alot of questions...

Well, Sega are gonna go PS3/PS4 here in Europe with Persona 5 in February. Btw, I have my pre-order placed and can't wait for it to come out. :D Well, I guess you're right. Let's not give up hope.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming