Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Platinum Games

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Platinum Games

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:27 am

http://www.purexbox.com/news/2016/01/ex ... n_pictured

So between Nier 2, Star Fox 0, Scalebound and this, I'd say PG are really busy now.

Henry Spencer has received 4 thanks from: AnimeGamer183, Monkei, Mr357, myshtuff
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Platinum Games

Postby Monkei » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:42 am

I'm so down for this. Hopefully finally the Turtles game we deserve. Probably the same Platinum team that made the Transformers game?

Nice sig by the way, I enjoyed Killer is Dead.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenGCH » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:43 am

I have the fullest confidence in Platinum to do a TMNT game justice. Of course, a full-on Rocksteady game would have been fantastic, but Platinum know what the fuck they're doing when it comes to making a great game, so I shall look very forward to this :)!

ShenGCH has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, Raithos
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:08 pm

After they fucked up Metal Gear, I'm not so confident in these people.

Kenny has received a thanks from: Axm
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:04 am

I am interested, but they cant make the turtles do a bunch of crazy hard core over the top shit or it just wont be right. One to keep an eye on at least, because I do like the visual style.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:27 am

I dunno, I think the visuals kinda look like ass. I don't put things down like this often, but it really, honestly looks like an upscaled PS2 game. Seriously. Blocky character models and pointless cell shading, plus the design work is pretty awful (they have noses like in the recent movie, and somehow they aren't quite stylized enough so as to give them any worthwhile personality).
Wouldn't have even guessed this was by Platinum just looking at the shots. Granted, it isn't footage or anything, but I would have guessed from the pics that it was by some no-name freelance dev. Platinum usually exudes a lot more style and flash than this.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:30 am

Is that Raph stabbing Megatron?

Well, my childhood is complete.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby ShenGCH » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:10 am

Kenny wrote: After they fucked up Metal Gear, I'm not so confident in these people.

What was wrong with Revengeance?
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Monkei » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:24 am

^ I guess it's a matter of taste and expectations when it comes to Metal Gear Rising. I loved it. I went into it expecting another stylish Platinum action masterpiece and wasn't disappointed.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:17 am

Yeah it does look low budget visually (like a HD PS2 game, which is fine by me, honestly, I'm still playing PS2 games plenty nowadays), but I'm not one who plays their games for that much really anyway, it's all about the gameplay for me and I think they'll knock it out of the park.

Monkei wrote: ^ I guess it's a matter of taste and expectations when it comes to Metal Gear Rising. I loved it. I went into it expecting another stylish Platinum action masterpiece and wasn't disappointed.

I also found it amazing, personally. Game was a lot of fun to play, probably outside of Anarchy Reigns my favourite PG game yet. I also found the cheesy storyline hilarious, it was obviously a complete satire on Metal Gear stories, what with how silly and crazy/OTT it got. It even took the piss out of MGS4. If it wasn't for AC!D 2 it would be my favourite Metal Gear game last gen. Funny that I preferred all of the none Kojima Metal Gear games last gen...

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Monkei
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:16 am

Something is telling me the game will look awesome in motion, but I do like how everything has the animated/cel-shaded but also comic book looking visuals. I know TMNT and I think they nailed a distinctive visual style, it doesnt look too much like the original cartoon, the newer cartoons, or even the comics, it has its own thing going on which its going to need if they are going to establish this as its own franchise. I'm still not sold, but a nice trailer at the very least is required.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:29 pm

I can't get over the headaches I experienced over the camera when in tight confined spaces. Not to mention the underwhelming boss battles.

Forget the story. Kojima pissed all over his and still ended up with a solid product with 5.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:14 am

Eh, I think Ground Zeroes was the better game despite being so fucking short and Phantom Pain was just...decent overall. Chapter 2 was too much of a mess/forgettable for me to think it was a solid game at all. I'd take GZ's short but sweet campaign of just an hour with its amazing map to Phantom Pain's ridiculously large and bloated game world where they just ran out of mission ideas judging by how Ch. 2 ended up, or just unfinished. And MGR's camera never bothered me. I'm used to similar camera styles in Platinum Games other work and through the game God Hand on PS2, which similarly was an action game with close up camera, so by the time i was playing Metal Gear Rising I had no issues.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby ShenGCH » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:21 pm

Kenny wrote: I can't get over the headaches I experienced over the camera when in tight confined spaces. Not to mention the underwhelming boss battles.

Forget the story. Kojima pissed all over his and still ended up with a solid product with 5.

Well, I wouldn't say the camera giving you headaches is a fair reason to say Platinum fucked the game up. It wasn't the greatest camera in all of gaming, but it did the job, and I must agree that some of the boss battles weren't particularly great (especially Monsoon, which was a very aggravating battle, but that might just be down to personal taste).

Besides that, however, it was a very solid hack-and-slasher with a great mechanic in Blade Mode.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Monkei » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:03 am

phpBB [video]

Monkei has received a thanks from: Raithos
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Next