Nintendo Switch

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: NX (Nintendo's New Console)

Postby Sonikku » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:20 pm

If they're using polaris then it'd be a HUGE lead over PS4. I just hope they give it a CPU to match.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:48 am

shredingskin wrote:There's no reason to keep buying consoles when a pc does everything and more.

When did PC's start playing the Uncharted series?

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:00 pm

Some more rumours from Emily Rogers who has leaked some Nintendo stuff in the past:

Instead of focusing our attention solely on hardware, we should really be having a discussion about NX’s software. Based on things I’ve heard, I am 100% confident that the NX’s software output will blow away the Wii U’s software output (which was never impressive to begin with). In a single year, the NX will build a larger library of games than Wii U produced in three or four years.

This isn’t some hyperbolic statement. This isn’t speculation nor blind optimism. These aren’t my personal fan wishes either. Furthermore, my negative feelings toward the Wii U have zero influence on any of the information mentioned below.

Here is what I’ve been told by my sources close to Nintendo:

The big fundamental focal point (and overall goal) behind NX is to vastly increase the software output from Nintendo’s first party teams and studios.
To accomplish this, the entire process of how Nintendo develops and produces software has gone through radical changes.
There is a new strategy that was put in place to create and release first party software at a faster rate.
Multiple unannounced Wii U projects were moved over to NX.
The NX could potentially see the highest output of first party software in the company’s history. (I’m talking about the entire lifespan of NX. Not just one or two years.)
Now, there are a few things that need to be mentioned here.

Reminder: A new process/strategy doesn’t necessarily mean that software won’t ever be delayed, or there won’t ever be gaps between releases. There is no “perfect strategy” that will prevent delays if a project requires more polish…or if a project just isn’t coming together as the company had hoped.

Also, the company does Nintendo Directs, so it’s unknown how much software will be revealed at E3 this year. For example: Bayonetta 2 wasn’t announced until three months after E3 2012. Games like Xenoblade Chronicles X, Yoshi Wooly World, and Wind Waker HD weren’t revealed until the January 2013 Direct — two months after Wii U launched.

So it’s possible that Nintendo may save some game announcements for later events after E3 (and after launch). I highly doubt that they will bust their entire load at E3.

With that said, the NX definitely won’t be the shit show that we experienced on Wii U with three month droughts on a regular basis. At least not when it comes to first party software.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:31 pm

What I want to know is what games already released on Wii U will be ported to NX. I'm game for Twilight Princess HD/Bayonetta/Star Fox but the hardware is just too expensive or what it is and I would never consider a Wii U if it's on the edge of being marginalized by NX. Perhaps I'll wait for the inevitable fire sale in a year... Remember getting a Dreamcast for $50 new in its waning months.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:57 pm

NX: Nintendo previously announced that it would release more information about its next system, code-named NX, this year. As the first announcement of any NX information, Nintendo confirmed that NX is scheduled to launch in March 2017. NX will not make an appearance at the upcoming E3 video game trade show in Los Angeles in June and will be unveiled later this year.

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/nint ... -earnings/
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:50 am

Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:54 am

Smash bros and Mario kart? I feel like they just made those but Nintendo needs lots and lots of games in year one if not day one.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby elfshadowreaper » Wed May 04, 2016 10:53 am

While reading the bad reviews of star fox zero I started wondering...do you think Nintendo is finally realizing the screen controls are a bad direction and they've delayed the NX from holiday '16 to spring '17 to restructure the controller? I wonder if iwata wanted to continue with screen controls but this new president(don't remember his name) is taking this opportunity to change the direction of the NX. I'm all for them just putting a regular, old school controller in my hand. Sure it's cool to be able to play Wii u like a mobile game but not at the expense of games actually being released on the console.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu May 19, 2016 9:43 am

Does the March 17 release date refer to the Japanese market or all markets?
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:57 pm

phpBB [video]

Well looks like we may get another console with less power then the other two consoles. It's a shame because it'll mean little or no third party support.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:52 am

If Nintendo's new contract with AMD is any indication it will likely be running Polaris 11 which would peg it higher than PS4/Xbone and lower than Neo and Scorpio. Nintendo likely wants to turn a profit on hardware right out of the gate like with the Wii as I know the small loss they took with each U sold was dismaying to the share holders. It doesn't need to do 4k like Scorpio. I'd be happy with 60fps 1080p.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:22 pm

^4K will catch on. People kept saying before and a little after the 360/PS3 came out that they didn't want or need HD TV's and quite quickly the Wii was looked down on for being standard definition.

Does the NX need to do 4K? I guess it depends on how Sony and Microsoft handle 4K and if they eventually end up treating it as a new generation with 4K exclusive games. Nintendo needs to make a machine that's powerful enough to support ports of third party games if they want third parties. People say that third parties didn't sell on Wii U but all we got was 360/PS3 ports when people had those consoles already. Why would anyone buy a $300 machine to play Mass Effect 3 or Deus Ex when they already have had a PS3 or 360 for about 8 years at that point? Then when the PS4/XboxOne came along the Wii U was too weak for their ports and got left in the dust.

Nintendo needs to get games like Fallout 5, Fifa whatever and the latest CoD coming out on their console the same time as the PS4K and Scorpio and on a normal controller. Imagine how attractive a console would be if it played Nintendo exclusives and all the latest third party games that weren't downgraded.

Sadly if the NX comes out and does only 1080P in 2017 I get the feeling in 2020 it'll be like the Wii all over again where people talk about how it looks a generation behind and nothing but Nintendo games are on it.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:38 pm

At this point no matter how good or bad NX turns out to be, I will not get one. The PS4 Neo and PSVR is the priority if I am going to spend more money on hardware. I already have a Xbox One sitting here collecting dust, I don't need another console to do that too. Nintendo simply has nothing in it's existing staple library to win me over. Perhaps the only thing that could win me over is if they got some wild version of Shenmue 3 down the line.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby mrandyk » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:05 pm

Nintendo gave up on competing with Sony and Microsoft ten years ago. The Gamecube will remain Nintendo's last attempt at a conventional system as they try to create a niche that sits outside of the conventional gaming experience. It would cost them a ton to get back to a point where they are directly competing with Sony/Microsoft, that market is already saturated, and the high risk of failure has them looking elsewhere. I hate it and wish they would go 3rd party but this is where Nintendo is at today.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Raithos » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:39 am

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... ontrollers

Been rumored for awhile, but more and more things point to it being true. Especially with them using Nvidia mobile GPU. If Nintendo actually makes a high powered portable than can display on your TV as well then they struck gold if you ask me. As long as the controllers are NORMAL that is.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming