Red Dead Redemption 2

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Red Dead Redemption 2

Postby Peter » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:26 pm

So, for years the rumors have swayed towards a RDR2 but nothing really substantial has came to light. Just this week in fact, to the contrary, a lawsuit has Rockstar tied up and emails have been made public revealing/confirming that Dan Houser absolutely detested the development of RDR, stating that it was a "living nightmare".

I created the topic tonight since the rumors seem to be gathering steam as of late, with E3 coming and apparently Rockstar will be there, or Take Two at least with news. But earlier, some stuff was posted on NeoGaf and quickly taken down which seemed to post a map of what is supposed to be Red Dead Redemption 2.

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/th ... -2-1319101

Apparently its confirmed, apparently its not.... who knows.

It could be legit, but with new whole bullshit around the "NX" leak, its still up in the air for me.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (rumor)

Postby FlagshipFighter » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:36 pm

I originally read that sentence at the end as if RDR2 was coming to the NX, and i was like "holy smokes, Nintendo are going back to their N64 hardcore roots!" but now i know you're talking about questionable handheld design mockup xD

Always stay skeptical man, for example when was the last time rockstar announced something at E3? Why go back? Could happen, but still...

Gosh, i better hurry up and finish the first game!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:08 pm

I loved RDR. Everything about the game was beautiful. I enjoy GTA but RDRs world and wildlife immersed me so much more than skyscrapers, strippers and selfies. My connection with John Marston was stronger than any of the GTA characters. And that ending was perfection. Turn me loose with deadeye, critters and treasure maps and I've got weeks of fun. So I'm stoked for more RDR. If it is a prequel it makes me hope Marston returns but I imagine they'll go further back than his days.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:39 am

The original game sold almost 15 million copies so the sequel is a sure thing. I imagine they will do something similar to the Fallout 4 reveal where we will get it around 6 months after it's announced. GTAV came out 2 and a half years ago now so they must be working on something over at Rockstar.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kenny » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:21 pm

Need to finish that game, but it was a great game from what I remember. Even if all I ended up doing in the end was play Poker.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Peter » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:17 am

Shit just got real! :shock:

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:22 am

Shit got real indeed. RDR is one of the greatest games I've played, so naturally I'm pretty hyped for this.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:36 am

Seriously has the internet changed or something. How come I can never link images anymore. Copy the link from imgur or flickr and add .jpg, put the image command in
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Amir » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:39 am

Peter wrote: Seriously has the internet changed or something. How come I can never link images anymore. Copy the link from imgur or flickr and add .jpg, put the image command in

You want the link between [img]and[/img] in the BBCode option when selecting share for your image on Flickr:

https://c4.staticflickr.com/9/8549/2975 ... 5ac8_z.jpg

Amir has received a thanks from: Monkei
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Peter » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:43 am

I've been doing that and it still doesn't work. It worked for years and now it doesn't. Not even with imgur either. As per usual the internet worked fine with links and whatnot, then along come new apps, buttons, options.

Anyway, confirmed on the gaf that Marsden is on the left, and Dutch just right off center based on their hard designs. Prequel confirmed then!

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Re: Red Dead Redemption prequel.

Postby Monkei » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:50 am

So Red Dead Predemption then, eh? 8)

Amir! This is off topic, but did you play Rez Infinite yet? And if so, did you play it in VR? And if so, how mind blowing is it, on a scale from 1 to holy fuck?

And: Could you please post the link to your article about Tetsuya Mizuguchi and Rez again?
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Axm » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:13 pm

About damn time. RDR was amazing. My favorite Rockstar game. Hyped.
Also makes sense as they just released the PS2 Red Dead Revolver for PS4.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby OL » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:53 pm

Ugh, please don't be a prequel. The original game was told well enough and gave you plenty of information on the characters' backgrounds without being too obvious about it all. And I love that shit. Just like how I love Cowboy Bebop for never explicitly setting out the events of Spike's past too directly, I loved that we only get little snippets and mentions of who Marston used to be and how he related to his gang. I don't want to see anything further with Marston. His story is done, and it was done well.
New characters please.
Or a return to the over-the-top spaghetti western style of Red Dead Revolver. One or the other.

OL has received a thanks from: Monkei
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:50 am

I'm with you there, don't like the idea of a Marston prequel at all. For pretty much the same reasons.

I don't have a clue about Revolver though, I've been thinking about getting that. Psychonauts already gave me a little bit of eye cancer though and I've yet to play Canis Canim Edit/Bully, which might worsen that.. so I don't know. Is it worth it?
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kiske » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:22 am

It's not a Read Dead prequel... it's Shenmue 3! :king:

Kiske has received 2 thanks from: Axm, St. Elmo's Fire
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa