E3 2016 - Dates, Games, Rumors.

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: E3 2016 - Dates, Games, Rumors.

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:44 am

^They changed their mind.

Nintendo has announced the schedule for its E3 livestream, which includes live gameplay for The Legend of Zelda Wii U and new Pokemon games.

Starting at 9am PT on June 14, the livestream will kick off with new gameplay from Pokemon Sun and Moon, before showing off Zelda.

On June 15, the stream will begin at 10am PT, showcasing a Q&A with Pokemon Go developer Niantic Labs, before showing off upcoming games for both Wii U and 3DS, "including Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE".

The Nintendo of Japan website is also advertising an "E3 2016 Pokemon Special" at 7am PT on June 16, but it's not yet clear if this will be a part of the wider Treehouse: Live programme.

Treehouse: Live is effectively replacing the company's usual Nintendo Direct broadcast from the conference. It will feature a large focus on The Legend of Zelda Wii U, which will be the only playable game on Nintendo's booth this year.

On another note it looks like we could be in for another amazing show with the amount of announcements people are getting out of the way this week.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby elfshadowreaper » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:57 pm

Still no NX. I love Nintendo but they have a horrible way of going about their business. I don't think there will ever be a gimmick-less Nintendo console again.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mrandyk » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:49 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote: Still no NX. I love Nintendo but they have a horrible way of going about their business. I don't think there will ever be a gimmick-less Nintendo console again.

What else can they do at this point? They simply can't beat Sony and Microsoft at their game and to attempt to do so would be suicide for them. They have to be different somehow and that's unfortunately the reality of the situation.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Axm » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:07 pm

Nintendo is missing out on the bread and butter E3 hype train that's always carried them to launch day and made them money. No matter how little they have to show, they should show as much as they have possible so they can atleast make headlines in the news.
And so we can have our E3 Nintendo meme's. The internet needs to be fed.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Kintor » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:54 am

Sega will be running a series of stage shows at E3 this year. The schedule is below:

Tuesday, June 14

1:00 PM: Special presentation.
2:00 PM: Yakuza 0 presentation with series creator Toshihiro Nagoshi.
3:00 PM: Persona 5 character design talk with character designer Shigenori Soejima.
4:00 PM: Special presentation.
5:00 PM: The King of Fighters XIV pro exhibition matches.

Wednesday, June 15

11:00 AM: Persona 5 exclusive E3 print autograph session with Shigenori Soejima.
12:30 PM: Special presentation.
2:00 PM: The King of Fighters XIV pro exhibition matches.
3:00 PM: Yakuza 0 demo.
4:30 PM: Special presentation.

Thursday, June 16

11:00 AM: Persona 5 fan Q&A with Shigenori Soejima.
12:00 PM: Special presentation.
2:30 PM: The King of Fighters XIV pro exhibition matches.
3:30 PM: Special presentation.

(Source: http://segabits.com/blog/2016/06/08/seg ... -revealed/)

Plenty of Yakuza 0 and Persona 5, which is nice to see. Additionally, it turns out that Atlus is publishing The King of Fighters XIV in North America, so that explains the exhibition matches being held each day.

Finally, each day has time slots marked 'special presentation', which could mean anything. However, since this is E3 those extra slots must naturally refer to an unannounced game(s) that Sega will probably reveal during either Sony or Microsoft's conference.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Peter » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:15 am

Special announcement? :lol:

Peter has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Kintor » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:31 am

Peter wrote: Special announcement? :lol:

What's with the laughter?

Surprise reveals happen all the time at E3. It's quite conceivable that Sega hasn't revealed one or more games just yet, as they're waiting to make the big announcement during one of the live conferences.

It probably won't be the 25th anniversary Sonic game, since the hints from Sega suggest that game will be announced at a special event on the 22nd of July.

Beyond that, who can say for sure what the surprise might be? If nothing else, we won't have to wait long since E3 is next week.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:51 am

Your kidding. Surprise announcements at E3? Wow.

I was laughing at the special announcement/Shenmue related announcement. 15 years of irony laughter.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Kiske » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:10 am

Shouldn't have entered this thread... damn you "Special presentation".

Hello Shenmue HD... Goodbye Shenmue HD!

Kiske has received 3 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Let's Get Sweaty, Peter
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Kintor » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:31 am

Peter wrote: Your kidding. Surprise announcements at E3? Wow.

I was laughing at the special announcement/Shenmue related announcement. 15 years of irony laughter.

I understand your apparent cynicism. It's been a long road to get this far with Shenmue 3, with lots of false rumours and inexplicable E3 hype along the way. To say nothing of Shenmue Online...

Even so, I love E3! It's like Christmas, New Year’s Eve and Ragnarok all rolled into one!

Dreams are made real. Bitter rivalries are carried out. Promises for the future are made. While developers and publishers alike can either be raised up as heroes or cast down as traitors.

So yeah, I buy into the E3 hype. Little hints about unannounced games and what that could mean for the balance of power between the major players is what makes this the best week of gaming all year.

Kintor has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Peter
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:41 am

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not cynical. Not after last year! I never stop believing!

I'm the same as you, I absolutely can't wait for E3 in general, not just for anything Shenmue related. I'm a gamer through and through, it's like Christmas for me too. I'm trying to contain my excitement for a day or two longer, but unfortunately it's not working. Me and a buddy in work are talking about the Destiny leak just there now, before they show it off in a few hours. It's the best time to be a gamer!!

Peter has received a thanks from: Kintor
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:54 am

Peter wrote: Special announcement? :lol:

Seriously. :lol: Most of the Dojo faithful are too young to remember when Sega promised a "big" surprise at E3 like a decade ago.
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41117

Dojo members were going crazy thinking it was going to be Shenmue 3 for sure. Some insisted it was going to bust the console war wide open with an earth shattering Dreamcast 2 announcement. I think it wound up as some Matrix game that quickly fell into obscurity.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:11 pm

I've probably been the most cynical son of a bitch about Shenmue in this place for about 10 years now and I think we might get Shenmue HD at Sony's conference. Geo Corsi comes out every conference and talks about all the third party deals his made happen like the Lucasarts Remasters which they had to get the rights from Disney for. He also had a big hand in making Shenmue 3 happen and getting Yakuza localized so he has Sega connections.

I still can't believe that tweet campaign message at Sega and not him as he can actually make it happen while tweeting at Sega will just piss off their social media guy for one day a month. He's said before that the reason they looked at making Shenmue III happen was because it was the game people requested to him on Twitter the most.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:08 pm

Riku Rose wrote: I still can't believe that tweet campaign message at Sega and not him

You say that like you've been raising your concerns for months and been shot down every time. There's always the chance I've missed something on here but have you even mentioned "that tweet campaign" before now?
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:36 pm

Yeah I said it a couple of times after the Shenmue III announcement when people where talking about a Shenmue HD campaign. Everyone seemed to think it made more sense to just ask Sega then the guy who got us Shenmue III...
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming