Video game urban legends from your childhood

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Video game urban legends from your childhood

Postby Thief » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:23 am

-If you manage to beat all of A Link to the Past without getting hit once, you'll be rewarded with a second quest where you can use the legendary Black Sword.

-If you use gameshark to walk through walls in Pokémon, you can skip fighting your Rival after the Elite Four and Oak won't show up in the Hall of Fame, you'll then be free to explore the Hall of Fame. If you walk all the way to the right, you'll come across a room with a hospital bed, laying in the bed is the legendary Pokémon "Pikablu". (this one I still have vivid memories of from my imagination, i can picture what the room "looked like" back when I used to think about it as a kid).

-There were about a billion and one rumors about getting Luigi in Super Mario 64.

-The Ice Key in Banjo-Kazooie. If you managed to fly directly into the Walrus Cave (or whatever it was called), and do a bird dive into the barrier blocking you from the Ice Key, then it will break and you can collect the key.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:29 am

Mortal Kombat games probably had the most, since they actually did have the kind of secrets that were easy to make up.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Ryno4 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:51 am

I was told you could play as Barry and wesker in resident evil.

That was a cruel and sick joke.
Ryno4
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Shmemoon
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby sand4fish » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:07 am

In my childhood days, fighting games were all the bomb... I don't know how many coins I've spent trying to see if I could fight Shen Long. Probably I could have bought my own arcade cabinet. Other SF II bs that were fed to me were little trivia like E. Honda standing for Exterminator Honda, Guile actually being General Uile and M. Bison Mister Bison. Also there was the fire hadouken in SF II, which was eventually implemented in the later installments.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:37 am

MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:12 pm

FF VII - Bringing Aeries back to life...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Mr357 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:52 pm

"If you have the Mini Afterburner capsule toy, Ryo will give it to the boy in the Moon Child orphanage instead of Ren."

I read this at least a year ago, but recently found that it's impossible since there's no way to play Afterburner at that point in the game. What's funny is that it cuts from a normal conversation to a cutscene at that part, as if there really is an alternate scene.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:23 am

Fighting Shin Gouki/Akuma in all stages in Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 2. I had heard rumours, that when you beat Shin AKuma, the Akuma Mode would actually take you through all the stages and you'd have to beat Shin Akuma over and over again before finally winning. Then, after 3 years or something, I finally managed to beat the tough motherfucker and learned that those rumours were bullshit.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Previous

Return to General Gaming