Actually Good Mobile Games?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Actually Good Mobile Games?

Postby Thief » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:25 am

If anybody has any recommendations for mobile gaming, I'd love to hear what's actually good. I just got a smart phone and gaming on it is an incredible mystery to me. I figured this could deserve its own thread considering there's bound to be some good games buried in the mobile scene -- I just don't know where to look. Or this thread could be a bust. Sorry I can't start out with much of a contribution, but so far all I've been able to find is ports of Dragon Quest 1 - 6 (which seems to be pretty neat).
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Re: Actually Good Mobile Games?

Postby Rakim » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:10 am

You can also get like the first 9 final fantasy games and a few other old school square joints. They have some of the Mana games, but not Legend of yet :sad:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/s ... 86801?mt=8

That's about all I have to suggest unless you want to play the AKB dating sim with me :lol:
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby OL » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:28 am

The only official Atlus translation of Shin Megami Tensei is available on mobile. That's actually pretty notable in my mind.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby ShenGCH » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:25 am

Canabalt is an excellent game for short burst sessions, and Fruit Ninja (despite having microtransactions, which you're never required or force-fed to partake in) is great fun, too.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Monkei » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:03 am

If I wanted to get into mobile gaming, I'd probably start by trying out Lara Croft Go and Hitman Go.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:05 am

Plants vs Zombies
Reigns
Fallout Shelter
Color
Solipskier
Timber man

...and probably a lot more but my phone's too shite to run em.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:01 am

If you're at all keen on tile matching puzzles like Bejeweled and *spit* Candy Crush, then the one I'd recommend is Jewel Quest 3. There are later ones in the series but I haven't played them to tell you how they compare.

If you want something more twitchy/arcadey, then you can do worse than Above Everything Else.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Kintor » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:33 am

I highly recommend Horizon Chase; it's an old school arcade racer with a strong Out Run influence.

If you want something slower paced you could also get 80 Days, it's a stylish 'choose your own adventure' story game set in a steampunk universe inspired by the writings of Jules Verne.

Sega also has a lot of good games on mobile. In particular; the ports of Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and Sonic CD are phenomenal; handled by Taxman to remain authentic to the Mega Drive originals while also introducing new features.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:12 pm

For point and click adventure, check out Fire Maple Games. Ive followed them since their first game Grizzly Manor, and stuck with them ever since. They take their time between games but only because theres less than 10 of them that make the games, but the artwork, music, puzzles.... just amazing.

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby sand4fish » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:56 am

If you want something truly original (no console port), try FRAMED. It's a noir style puzzle game. I really like it. And it also happens to be Hideo Kojima's favorite game of 2014.

phpBB [video]
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to General Gaming