Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania

Postby Mr. Frozen » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:32 pm

Riku Rose wrote:
phpBB [video]

Looks like I did the smart thing of being too busy to play the game when it originally came out.

The game isn't that long. I am not that great at video games and I was able to beat it in about two days, playing about 3-4 hours each day. Not saying the game is shit, just that you can still enjoy it as a busy adult. Actually, I kinda miss this aspect in modern games. Oldschool games allowed you to get enjoyment from a few minutes of play, modern games try to get you addicted and you never feel satisfied with just completing one level.

Anyway, it looks like this plus version just has added characters and maybe one new level? Really not that much more new stuff it seems.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby TheThirdComing » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:54 pm

I got Mania today.., its a great game but the pixalation is a far too rough. The only way I can play it is if I put the Sharpness setting on my TV a minimum.
TheThirdComing
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:56 am

I hope the success of Mania convinces Sega to apply the Mania formula to other beloved 2D series. Streets of Rage or Shinobi would be fine candidates. Knowing Sega though, and how theyve turned Sonic & Sega All Star Racing into Team Sonic Racing, I'm not so self-assured hehe
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby James Brown » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:48 pm

TheThirdComing wrote: I got Mania today.., its a great game but the pixalation is a far too rough. The only way I can play it is if I put the Sharpness setting on my TV a minimum.

Hmm, that doesn't sound right dude, it looks amazing on my tv. What platform are you playing it on, and have you tried playing it with the scan line filter that in the settings aswell?
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby KiBa » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:34 pm

I try to enjoy Sonic Mania at least for 10-15 min per day. It reeeeeeeaaaaaally brings me back to reality, recenters my morality. Sometimes I forget we're supposed to free the enslaved as fast as possible.

KiBa has received a thanks from: Vyse Hazuky
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby TheThirdComing » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:24 pm

James Brown wrote:
TheThirdComing wrote: I got Mania today.., its a great game but the pixalation is a far too rough. The only way I can play it is if I put the Sharpness setting on my TV a minimum.

Hmm, that doesn't sound right dude, it looks amazing on my tv. What platform are you playing it on, and have you tried playing it with the scan line filter that in the settings aswell?

I saw that filter but it just looked lame and ruined the contrast. I showed it to my friend without telling him first, then showed him the difference and he also thought it was a much more bareable option. I'm enjoyin the game though now I habe that way to bypass the roguh visuals :)

TheThirdComing has received a thanks from: James Brown
TheThirdComing

Previous

Return to General Gaming