The friends of Ringo Ishikawa

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: The friends of Ringo Ishikawa

Postby yeo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:23 am

Here it is:

https://twitter.com/shin_yeo/status/999591129673805824

> Just posted on the Easy Allies Patreon page, recommending people try it out and maybe tell Huber or Ben about it.

Thanks!
yeo
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Abraham_1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:23 pm

yeo wrote: Here it is:

https://twitter.com/shin_yeo/status/999591129673805824

> Just posted on the Easy Allies Patreon page, recommending people try it out and maybe tell Huber or Ben about it.

Thanks!

Hmm. The tweet was posted around E3 season so to be fair to Huber and Ben they are extremely busy around this time. Of course, when it comes to tweets luck is also involved and it may be too early to tweet them again because you don’t want to come across as annoying. I would consider tweeting them again maybe in a good few weeks after the hype around E3 has died down. Maybe July?
Abraham_1
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: THEBIGFATDUDE
Nintendo FC: abraham_b123
Steam: Abraham_B
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Danganronpa V3

Postby yeo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:11 pm

It was 3 weeks before E3. And I don't see any hype for E3 yet. But that's ok. Out of the blue on the second day of release I got interview for gamespark.jp. I really don't get PR and marketing and how it works. For small fish like myself it's a pure luck, I think, to be or not to be seen.

Based on players reviews I understood that I made a good game and my thoughts and feelings reached certain people. So I'm satisfied as a creator. And now I want to be satisfied financially ) But again it's in the hands of gods ))
yeo

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Abraham_1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:20 pm

yeo wrote: It was 3 weeks before E3. And I don't see any hype for E3 yet. But that's ok. Out of the blue on the second day of release I got interview for gamespark.jp. I really don't get PR and marketing and how it works. For small fish like myself it's a pure luck, I think, to be or not to be seen.

Based on players reviews I understood that I made a good game and my thoughts and feelings reached certain people. So I'm satisfied as a creator. And now I want to be satisfied financially ) But again it's in the hands of gods ))

Yes it is very much down to luck of course. I will say though, my Patreon post already has 5 likes, which may not sound like a lot, but for a Patreon post it’s pretty good. If some Allies find out about the game, they would not only purchase it but may also let Huber know on Twitter or his chat show Talking Sydrome.

If you have time, tune into one of his talking syndrome episodes on Twitch and suggest he plays the game there. He is far more likely to see your message then. He has answered my questions before on stream.

Also, if you don’t see any hype for E3 yet then you really don’t know Easy Allies hahaha. Trust me, they were hyped when you sent that tweet and the amount of work those guys do for E3 is astounding. There’s a reason why they’re so well loved.
Abraham_1
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: THEBIGFATDUDE
Nintendo FC: abraham_b123
Steam: Abraham_B
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Danganronpa V3

Previous

Return to General Gaming