DMCV announced at MS E3 show

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

DMCV announced at MS E3 show

Postby Haruto » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:18 pm

Don't have a link atm but the playable character looks like Donte from NT's game except it's not Dante as Capcom established. Don't know what to think.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: DMCV announced at MS E3 show

Postby sand4fish » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:20 pm

phpBB [video]
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:33 pm

Ewwww. Looks like Scalebound even down to that "attitude" and corny feel to the dialogue.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Haruto
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby sand4fish » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:44 pm

^ LOL. True, but at least old Dante is back in some capacity.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:17 pm

sand4fish wrote: ^ LOL. True, but at least old Dante is back in some capacity.

He looks like the old drunk uncle you never see who fucks around (now with stubble and a broken nose).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Haruto » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:05 pm

So it seems that was Nero. JYB is back to voice him. 1 of 3 playable characters. Can I just have a DMC with just Dante again?!
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby OL » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:23 pm

Yeah, this is, uh... disappointing.
I'll just get out of the way that I hate that girl. HATE her. Jesus christ, that's gonna be one annoying-ass character to have around for a whole game.
Having Nero around is fine (I loved DMC4, screw the haters), but there's something about these modern graphics that bothers the hell out of me. Is it weird to say that I don't like how realistic the people look? There was always a very videogame-specific type of stylization to the characters in past generations, but now that the graphics are more realistic... I dunno, it just saps a bit of the likability away.
I've also never seen so many smug little shit-eating grins in one trailer before.
And the gameplay looks pretty meh.

And what the fuck kind of crappy music is that? What happened to the Zombie-influenced industrial freak-metal they always had before? That shit defined DMC before, but in this trailer they showcase some shitty electro-pop?
Ugh.

OL has received 2 thanks from: Haruto, Henry Spencer
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Haruto » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:28 pm

^ At least Bayonetta 3 is coming. Bayonetta 2 is the best character action game I ever played so if they can even be just on par it will be awesome. Anyone who likes DMC but not Bayonetta is being stubborn and really missing out. Seen some people like that on other forums. I don't get it. Like it's DMC or nothing. Silly. Still this could be good and if it is then DMC5 and Bayo3 the same generation. Well...my pants will be wet,Fuck it I won't be wearing pants.

That new girl sure as hell (pun intended since Rodin is Satan) isn't as cool as Rodin.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby OL » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:37 pm

I hate Bayonetta. :lol:
Gameplay might be great, but I couldn't for the life of me find any appeal whatsoever in Bayonetta herself, and always felt like the game sabotaged its own story by making everything so intentionally goofy without actually being funny. Like, there's literally nothing to take seriously in there. And if I'm invested in absolutely nothing about the aesthetics... yeah, it's kind of hard to care about the gameplay, no matter how godly it supposedly is.

And it's not DMC or nothing for me. There are plenty of other stylish action games I love (Ninja Gaiden, Otogi 1&2, Darksiders). Just don't really dig on Bayonetta.
Or this new DMC, from the looks of it.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Haruto » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:43 pm

Dante is goofy. I think they just both have their own style of goofy.

Say what you want but this is awesome. Just more reason I love Rodin. Toughest SOB to fight (optional) but always funny.

phpBB [video]
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby Haruto » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:23 pm

I have watched the trailer a few times now. It's been a few days. This is every bit a DMC game as DMC3 or 4. The aesthetic is very different. No doubt. Nero's face is actually the same from 4. Like exactly the same. His hair cut is different. He's closer to Dante in attitude. Johnny Young Bosch is back as his VA. Vergil is in the trailer and rips Nero's arm off. Why he has the mechanical one. The girl eh she reminds me too much of Cindy from FFXV. Japan sucks at making mechanic girls. Look the same and have the same terrible fake southern accent. She's no lady or trish. Hell she can't even Rodin's boots from Bayo. 3 playable characters. That could be cool but I would like a more focused game as just Dante and even be ok if it was like 4 with Nero and Dante. I imagine the 3rd one is a redesigned Vergil for story reasons. Maybe. Just a guess. The animations if you watch the trailer are all based off DMC4. So this will play very much like DMC we know and love. The aesthetic of more realism. Well just remember the Cel-da controversy and now Wind Waker is one of the most loved games in the series. So people should not let an aesthetic stop them. Give t a chance to grow on you.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Return to General Gaming