my thoughts on god...

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby KenKen » Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:08 am

John Petrucci wrote:
momo wrote:john +dr pchop were having a big debate (didnt read all)
but you can bash christianity because if you bash jews you are an anti-semetic nazi, and if you bash muslims, you are calling them terrorists.

dont forget, people have done bad things in the past in the name of these religions, and some still are, the pathetic terrorists, the israeli govt, and georgey boy!

Was this a joke or do you seriously believe it's OK to be anti Christian and it's bad to be anti-Semitic? Wierd.. I couldn't tell by the tone of the post.

I think he's trying to point out the fact that christians are seemed to be targetted because they are the only ones who it seems ok to criticise, i think this is because of the apalling history of christian regimes. I believe in God but i have my own religion 'Kenism'. But in my opinion, i, or anyone else should be able to criticise any religion without fear that we will be attacked as haters and racists. And for people in England just look at the example of "Robert Kilroy Silk" who criticised the brutality of arab states and lost his job for it! :bad-words:
KenKen
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby momo » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:47 am

no, no no! i dont believe that! i was just saying.
it upsets me when people rag each others faiths, if it proves a good thing for that individual and it doesnt harm others, then let it be :)
thats what i think.
and religions should really be out there to help everyone, look at the peace protests/anti-war protests: in the UK there were FAR more christians on the streets than muslims, hell if i had a pound for every muslim i saw i would still be poor. those marchers care about human life regardless of religion or faith, thats what it should be for all of us!

we should all look out for each other :D haha, soppy but true!

**edit: SORRY if you thought that john.
momo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Darth Strongbad » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:53 pm

I belive in God. I am a christian but i don't belive everything the church says.And the great chai,read the bible, God says he will destroy hell. i cant belive there trying to remove "under God" out of the pledge of allegiance. and the 10 comandments thing in alabama. i mean c'mon :roll: . just dont look at it if ya dont wanna see it.
Darth Strongbad
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby John Petrucci » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:00 pm

I've come round full circle.
Last edited by John Petrucci on Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Petrucci
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:16 pm

Aha now wer getting into the political side of the argument. In Ireland the State and church are becoming more separate, as the priests like to touch litle iddy biddy kiddies and be happy and gay in a bar on oconnel street
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Stagga » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:02 pm

DAMN WE GOT ALOT OF PEEPS THAT ARE AIMING TO GO TO....... THE LAKE OF FIRE. WELL I DO BELIEVE IN THE LORD ALMIGHTY JESUS CHRIST. I DO ANYTHING THAT COULD SAVE MY BLACK ASS FROM SUFFERING MAN. I BELIEVE HIM CUZ HE HAS MERCY OVER US AND THE NONE BELIEVERS( HE STILL LOVES YOU, YOU HAVE A CHANCE) AND ALSO THE BIBLE HAS PRODICTED ALOT OF STUFF THAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW. LIKE THE PLANE HIJACKINGS AND STUFF
Stagga
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Realillusion » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:58 pm

damn Stagga. Chill out man lol.
Realillusion
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Stagga » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:39 pm

shenmuefan14 wrote:damn Stagga. Chill out man lol.

sorry but i'm just telling them what it is... i can't see why do you don't believe that thier is a god, i honestly don't understand. it was proof that jesus was there.
Stagga

Postby Darth Strongbad » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:34 pm

Peter wrote:Aha now wer getting into the political side of the argument. In Ireland the State and church are becoming more separate, as the priests like to touch litle iddy biddy kiddies and be happy and gay in a bar on oconnel street
Wow. didntknow that. Its always good to have people around the world to get their info and views of things.
Darth Strongbad
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:58 am

I do not believe in god, my dad is a preacher and he preachers in a methodist church every sunday, I cant stand religion myself I mean seriously how can you believe in something you havent had contact with in any way, I believe if your gonna believe in anything it should be in somethign that is based from what you have experienced in your own life and not do something cause someone else is or in some book not written by you I mean why should you believe anyone else "cause you trust them", you think what they believe is cool so you wanna do it too, everyone is different, in other words I think we should all have our own religion if your gonna believe something it should be because you went through it yourself and of what you experienced in life not something in some book that says that its the truth I mean there is no proof of that (that you yourself know of, you werent there when any of that stuff happened in it you have no clue if what it says is true cause you werent their when it happened I try to base my beliefs from what I have seen and what is happeneding right now, I have no real clue about what happened in the past I mean people can tell you this or that happened but you yourself really dont know if it did or not) gods and people worshiping cows... sounds like something out of a fairy tale or something. it all makes sense in my mind I cant speak for anyone else but myself I can only tell what I believe. I am not gonna try to be like a christian and make people believe what i believe thats just not right, those fucking selfish bastards christians really piss me off in that sense I mean how dare they? who the fuck do they think they are? "spread the word" I know what it says in the bible I have read it and had been in a christian school for 5 years I have studied the bible it says to try to get everyone you know to believe what you believe in order to try to "save" them it almost even sounds like some bullshitting people trying to make some kinda army or something (why or what for I dont know, just an idea) its really weird how christians get into it so much, almost like they have been brainwashed into believing something so silly and that just aint right if you ask me
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Stagga » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:42 pm

^^^^how can you not believe in god, all the predictions and stuff like that is happening and you now what it was writtening in the bible, we are living in the ends times now--- for those that don't believe try to find some anwers
Stagga

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:10 pm

Stagga wrote:^^^^how can you not believe in god, all the predictions and stuff like that is happening and you now what it was writtening in the bible, we are living in the ends times now--- for those that don't believe try to find some anwers

maybe in your opinion but dont try to convince me of anything or I am just gonna get pissed off
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Stagga » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:02 pm

:lol: why? if you don't believe in it then why do you get angry? this is not my opinion this is what happening this was recorded in the bible- if you don't believe me then check it yourself go to the bible and read revolations it tells you whats gonna be happening, and you knows the scary part is happening right now
Stagga

Postby drporkchop » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:42 pm

Stagga wrote::lol: why? if you don't believe in it then why do you get angry? this is not my opinion this is what happening this was recorded in the bible- if you don't believe me then check it yourself go to the bible and read revolations it tells you whats gonna be happening, and you knows the scary part is happening right now

examples, please.
drporkchop
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Realillusion » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:59 pm

Dude! The bible is like the most interesting story ever created. Even if you don't believe, still read it! Theres VERY religious people in hell ya know that have studied the bible in and out. And revolations predicts the coming of Jesus Christ and how Satan will take over the earth. Those Unbelievers will be casted into the LAKE OF FIRE. I dont recall it mentioning anything about the earth's times and how it would be like ON EARTH to show that the END time are near. It basically explains Jesus' second coming, not any havoc on earth.
Realillusion
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic