Hong Kong+Guilin:I lived it

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Hong Kong+Guilin:I lived it

Postby tmajik » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:01 pm

hello fello shenmue fans,

i just wanted to share with you my joy of being able to fully experience both hong kong and guilin. i'm 19 years old and just got back tot he uk rom my gap year. from september 2003 to june 2004 i lived and worked in hong kong as an english assistant. whilst the real hong kong is completely different from the sureal and inaccurate game version it is still an amazing place. infact, its my favourite place on earth. then, after i finished teaching, i decided to travel all the way back to reading,england by rail. i did however make a significant detour to yangshao, a small ton on the banks of the li river. guilin is actually a very big city situated by the li river. its not very beautiful. but the countrysde and river nearby our. the 2 highlights of visiting the li river were climbing one of those big green peaks and taking a boat ride downt he most spectacular section of the river. it wasnt a tourist boat either.
so there you go. its possible. just depends how badly you want it. its funny to think how large an influence a game could have on my life. oh yeah-shenmue 1 got me into martial arts!!!

T
tmajik
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby ÐÃ ß×® » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:19 pm

meh..very succesful you are i'd say...19 year old and you living the good life...traveling and stuff...
ÐÃ ß×®
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby TaoLishao » Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:41 am

woow.. another topic about the exact same thing in the shenmue forums
TaoLishao
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Haik » Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:56 am

I'm jealous :oops: .
Well, I can tell you for sure that I will go to Hong Kong some time in my life. I just hope it's soon :P
Haik
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Miles Prower » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:12 am

TaoLishao wrote:woow.. another topic about the exact same thing in the shenmue forums

Yeah, why have you done that, tmajik?
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:07 am

That's cool, man...
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Return to Off Topic