I'm out

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

I'm out

Postby cApNhOwDy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:15 pm

These forums are pretty dead, Shenmue is dead, mods are corrupt and keep banning all the funny/good members, I've got a social life now, the list could go on. My time here is done, I bid you all adeu. Thnks fr th Mmrs.

Does anyone have Teepo's or TenTailedCat's AIM or Email address? And speaking of which, if I liked you (and you know who you are), leave your AIM screenname in this topic if you dont have it listed in your profile.
cApNhOwDy
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby KiBa » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:51 am

hahaha

"mods are corrupt"

"I've got a social life now"

Sorry, but seriously... lol

Adieu.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby cApNhOwDy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:39 am

Oh no need to be sorry for me. I'm sorry for you enough to cover the both of us. What I'm talking about it two truths, deny them as you will. Joe getting banned for a month? Mittens II getting banned altogether? Twist05, banned for his opinion on Shenmue Online? All rediculous reasons, and I dont have to be a forum hawk to know that. I wasnt even active during Joe and Mittens trials and tribulations, but when I go to glance at the forums every once-a-month or so thing like that stick out like a sore thumb because that's the only thing that's happened. The truth of the matter is, there's no activity here, so they should lighten up on "teh r00ls" since there's nothing fun to talk about, there's noone fun to talk TO. Sure, the regulars, but they come and go. Fuck, bring back Teepo, that man was hilarious. There was a time when I'd come home from high school, run to the computer, and browse the forums all afternoon. It was a time of much lulz and drama, but most importantly there were people to talk to and fun to be had. But let's face it, these forums are a ghost town with too many sherrifs and a no liquor policy. And just so you know, it's not hard for me to have a social life now and still be able to reflect upon past events of the dojo without one statement contradicting the other. Use that little brain of yours, I'm sure you have enough juice in there to squeeze out this concept, and you'll realize this.

You see you might not know this, but I feast off of n00bs. The thing about n00bs is that they're attracted to forums with lots of people. Just look at the WoW forums, it's like an all-you-can-eat buffet. They're attracted to a thing called "pwn", a pheromone-like chemical byproduct that awesome people radiate when in contact with other awesome people. These forums used to generate alot of "pwn", and the n00b level was high. The awesome people were happy, as they picked and prayed on the poor helpless n00bs, tricking them into visiting shock sites of old, such at lemonparty and tubgirl, and ridiculing their terrible "grammer skillz". Out of the many n00bs that tried and failed, a select few lived on due to natural selection and the process of evolution. The result? Just us guys. And when I say "us guys", all the guys in this forum know who I'm talking about. They'll be reading this and they'll be saying to themselves "yeah, I'm one of those guys", and they'll push back their chairs and lean back in it and get comfy and stare at the ceiling and just kinda repeat that phrase over and over again. "I'm one of those guys. I'm one of those guys." But alas, like a white supremacist bouncer at an R+B bar, the mods began to crack down on buckling your seatbelt and chewing gum in class, and it ended up spoiling everyone's fun, so people left. Yeah, we had a pretty strong community here for a while, long after the dry desert that is known as "New Shenmue News". But a select few had to screw that up for everyone. Now, all that's left is a couple dozen regulars who try to stay under the radar, out of sight of "the man".

Oh, and before anyone replies saying that I'm being all "srious bzniss", I assure you that I dont care anymore. This is a game of shits and giggles to me now, and that really sums up my feelings about the internet in general right now. If I'm going to do something for the lulz, I'm not going to care about consequences. I'm like the fucking Che Guevara of message boards. Heck, I'd go so far as to call me a martyr, nail me to a fucking cross. Viva la Revolucion! Heil cApN! ('-')/
cApNhOwDy
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby FRASIER » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:44 am

..................yeah I handled this so much better.
FRASIER
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby FRASIER » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:18 am

thought you'd gone? told you this place will never be able to leave your train of thought, you'll be back, everyone does and stop using "youtube" as an excuse for not writing anything it just means you werent clever enough to think it yourself!
FRASIER
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ys » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:19 am

I seriously thought that the first words of the topic would be : ... of the closet. It's the Dojo after all which has had its myriad of "different" threads ;)

And when I say "us guys", all the guys in this forum know who I'm talking about. They'll be reading this and they'll be saying to themselves "yeah, I'm one of those guys", and they'll push back their chairs and lean back in it and get comfy and stare at the ceiling and just kinda repeat that phrase over and over again. "I'm one of those guys. I'm one of those guys."

Haha! Nice post there by the way. There's lots of truth between the funny parts. It's indeed a pity that many left. Many members from 2003 were entertaining too. Besides Teepo, TenTailedCat was also quite someone to have around.

I mean, look at this, I just searched the name on Google and amongst the first results was a Dojo-thread. Which happened to be this particular one, haha : http://shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/foru ... p?p=578175

Not a big surprise to see who started it and then the answer of TTC :P
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby cApNhOwDy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:15 pm

FRASIER wrote:thought you'd gone? told you this place will never be able to leave your train of thought, you'll be back, everyone does and stop using "youtube" as an excuse for not writing anything it just means you werent clever enough to think it yourself!

Wow I really hope you're not serious. Goodbye threads dont mean that it's effective immediately, people tend to check that thread for feedback.

And yeah, Teepo was the man! One of these days when I get bored I'm just going to have to go and read every post that he's ever written. Sickest bastard alive, but his shock value was always oh-so-worth it.

Oh yeah, and this smiley :lol: can suck a fat dick in hell.

One more thing ys, PSO: Blue Burst goes free sometime this week for all previous paying subscribers until they shut down the servers on March 31st. They're doing double exp and double rares as well.
cApNhOwDy
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: I'm out

Postby yoshi art is art » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:32 pm

HAM TA RO!!
Last edited by yoshi art is art on Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yoshi art is art
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Clint » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:15 pm

Teepo was a piece of shit and always will be.

Never really got to know you howdy, so i'm not really arsed if you leave or not. All the best buddy.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby white lotus » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:18 pm

Cya! Also, QFT! BRING HIM BACK! TEEPO deserves a honorary place in Heaven.
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby cApNhOwDy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:26 pm

Teepo should be god's left hand man.
cApNhOwDy
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby KiBa » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:41 pm

King and country, mod and forum.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:56 pm

I am just going to agree with clint in all he said.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:26 pm

Hey, since you're going forever, you won't be needing that account of yours, so I'll perma-ban you, then. k? :)

See ya.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Next

Return to Off Topic