Gadhafi killed

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Gadhafi killed

Postby Bluecast » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:35 pm

Dorian wrote:Being a dictator used to mean something, you know? In the past, when you had your capital taken over, you would go with a bang, so to speak. But now? Running away and hiding like a rat? I don't know who's more pathetic, though - Gadhafi for turning into a rat or the mob for turning into Gadhafi...?

Gadhafi. It's true the people sank to his level but they were going on emotion and at the same time can't blame them. They should have been able to handle it better but sometimes emotions overrule good judgement. Gadafi did what he did for pure control not out of emotion or some crude vengence.

Not that I know how bad those people had it but after the years of torture and abuse from my father I tried killing him 3 times while temporarily insane. The people emotions ran so high the same might apply to them. I feel bad for them and don't condone it and no excuse to justify it but at the same time it makes sense to me and I understand.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Dorian » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Ryudo wrote:Gadhafi. It's true the people sank to his level but they were going on emotion and at the same time can't blame them. They should have been able to handle it better but sometimes emotions overrule good judgement. Gadafi did what he did for pure control not out of emotion or some crude vengence.

Well, I do not accept this reasoning because it always starts with excuses like that. Emotions, ideology, necessity, righteousness, god's will. People like to toss words like that, but it's all up to us in the end and the first step on the path of evil is as evil as the last one. I will never understand how people can use "OK, I'll be bad for just a while!" card and feel good about themselves. Contrary to what those revolutionists think, building on blood never works in the long run. I know what why they did it and I expected it, but I kept hoping that they would be strong enough to go beyond it.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Bluecast » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:56 pm

Dorian wrote:
Ryudo wrote:Gadhafi. It's true the people sank to his level but they were going on emotion and at the same time can't blame them. They should have been able to handle it better but sometimes emotions overrule good judgement. Gadafi did what he did for pure control not out of emotion or some crude vengence.

Well, I do not accept this reasoning because it always starts with excuses like that. Emotions, ideology, necessity, righteousness, god's will. People like to toss words like that, but it's all up to us in the end and the first step on the path of evil is as evil as the last one. I will never understand how people can use "OK, I'll be bad for just a while!" and feel good about themselves.

It's easy to judge when never been in a similar situation. When I say I tried killing my father 3 times I'm not fucking around. I shoved him down the house stairs watching him slam his head as he fell the blood oh the blood and the feeling of gratification was wonderful for a brief moment as I laughed in pleasure. Then I tried to suffocate him as he fought me trying to get it off and he succeeded. I tried killing him with his own gun and started pulling the trigger as my mom stepped in the way at the last moment. That was a loaded 357 magnum. Each time I just wanted this beast gone each time I wanted the pleasure to see the beast suffer and die so I could be at piece. This was not rational thinking. This was insanity due to to much emotion of pain and suffering for years of the sexual/physical/mental abuse.
I later tried killing myself multiple times. Let's just say I suck at killing and for the better. I was not a mob but one person but multiple of me might have been successful.

When an animal is injured and backed into a corner it can strike without thinking what happens next. It's not choosing to be bad for a day it's not even thinking. It's pain reacting.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqQn2ADZE1A[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Dorian » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:11 pm

We are not animals, despite what some thinkers try to push on us because the majority sucks, and the majority sucks because it allows itself to be controlled by illusions of peace - by the false logic of here and now.

I was close to killing somebody and the same person wanted to kill me. I may seem like an ordinary internet nerd, but my life has been full of serious shit and the only reason I didn't use any gun is because it's goddamn hard to get one in Poland (if you're not in the mafia, obviously). These dark experiences gave me a very good insight into the human condition and the way our inwardness works. There is an absolutely contradictory self-identity in all of us and it's the basis of our very existence. That's why even the greatest evil is not inhumane because everything is at the bottom of ourselves, but it means that there's always "the second voice" as well. I struggled to hear it and I often failed, but I kept struggling and now I can hear it much better than ever before, and I know that one day it can become crystal clear. That's why I do not accept giving up and saying things like "Such is life!".
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:29 pm

I'm not saying it was the right way. I'm just saying I understand why and feel bad for those people. I'm not going to judge them or come down on them. I know people that had to kill as well due to very bad circumstances.

People at the core instinct are can be just as ravage as any animal.

I still have that monster inside me. The monster than can kill and take pleasure in killing and making one suffer even if it's myself. Abuse any living thing long enough it becomes the same monster that created it.
Now I got lucky and have a few gaurdian angels in my life. My old High School coach who took a wounded kid and was destroying his life and became a father to him. Then my Bishop who also saved my life and my mom who has been there all along. These people are miracles and why I can contain the monster inside me and didn't become so ravage.

Because these people came along I was able to forgive my father just in a matter of months and surprised him on his birthday at rehab. I tried to befriend the beast who was now just a small man who was wounded himself from his own damage. Fragments of a good man were in there after his soul was broken. 8 months I got to know what was left until his death. Now Gadhafi had no humanity left in him and those people needed a Guardian angel to help them. Sadly they did not get it. I can't say they are good or bad people. I can say they are human. And humans are at this stage in our evolution in our pre pubescent phase. We need help and most never get it. I only pray for those souls. To help find the true peace they need later in life. Not the false peace of vengence.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Dorian » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Guardian angels are just a part of your mindset. In reality, they are just people, people like you, and if they can be seen as guardian angels, so can you. I adhere myself to the teachings of Buddha because I truly believe that everything is in us. The world is just a cage for us, it won't bring you peace. But as the prisoners, we are to choose how this imprisoned life will look like. We can be at each other's throats and die over and over again, repeating our mistakes, or we can help each other. But to help somebody, you need to help yourself first. "Core instincts" are not helping at that. For example - when you're driving on black ice and something goes wrong, the instincts tell you to use the breaks. Humans are to judge the world on a greater scope than animals. Animals have simple life and they do not need anything more than instincts. Humans are the exact opposite of that.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:54 pm

Don't tell me what to believe.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Dorian » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:55 pm

I did? You mean that part about guardian angels? Well, add IMO if that came out as an offensive way of telling you what to believe.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:39 pm

I was saying that, Gaurdian Angels are people but with exceptional souls. They can also be an animal.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Dorian » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:45 pm

Ryudo wrote:I was saying that, Gaurdian Angels are people but with exceptional souls. They can also be an animal.

Yes, and I disagree, but I don't like using "IMO" since it's obvious that I'm just stating my opinion. I wasn't telling you what to believe in. I just said what I believe in.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Myles » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:58 pm

Dorian wrote:I adhere myself to the teachings of Buddha because I truly believe that everything is in us.

TIL not everyone in Poland is Jewish.
Myles
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:01 pm

I respect Buddhism but the whole religion started off as a man getting high on opium :lol:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Dorian » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:06 pm

It's not even a religion, although some try to make one out of it.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby KiBa » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:13 pm

I say any solidified philosophy that purports to be the correct comprehensive conception of everything is a religion.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Dorian » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Yes, I know you say that, but it's not true. Most religious studies schools don't put Buddhism in the religion basket. But hey, you're free to start your own. I'm sure some people will buy your books.

It doesn't even matter what label you'll put on it. Feel free to call it a religion.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic