Football

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: The Football Thread

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:56 pm

Samanosuke Akechi has received a thanks from: Who Really Cares?
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:36 am

Gonna murder a munich.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:32 pm

Good game shame it was ruined by some fans near the end.

I REALLY hope we sell Gallas next month his just too old now and is costing us too many goals.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:31 am

Find it funny that they're takin the moral highground with this considering what they did to Craig Bellamy a couple seasons back. Still deserved it the cunt. Woulda done it myself if he came over to me. I'm fairly certain the only time we've been guilty of it was with Manu when he ran the length of the pitch to give it to the Arsenal fans. Still, they do it all the fuckin time. I remember Neville used to do it even if he was just warming up. Been a long time coming. Wankers.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Re: soccer

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:58 am

Vyse Hazuky wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:Image

Was written by a reporter who had complete access to everything at Millwall for a whole season. It's a great read even if your not a Millwall fan. Shows how much football can mean to the fans and also how much it effects the players lives. He wasn't afraid to paint a few players in a bad light which they very much deserve.

Yeah, I usually read his articles in Life's a Pitch, not bad. That actually sounds like a Tottenham book I read over the summer, on the 1972 season when they ended up winning the UEFA cup. The times of Bill Nicholson, Martin Peters, Martin Chivers, Pat Jennings and all that lot. It was great. I'll definitely give yours a go.

MiTT3NZ wrote:There's Only One Jimmy Grimble... All for the simple fact of seein Maine Road again. Oh, and if you see a City book, buy it. David Clayton, Rodney Marsh, Paul Lake, whoever, whatever role, whatever era. For some reason our books are always highly praised for bein such good reads (although that's probably due to our overly dramatic history and overly loyal supporters... Except those who sit in the Colin Bell Stand...)

Yeah, I was quite interested in the one about Paul Lake when it came out (about a year ago was it, already?)
Such a weird and sad story, but I guess it happens in every club...

I've been reading this, and it really is great. Sometimes it's a bit too much on the sentimental side, but it really is a superb little book. And what a legend, Kenny Jackett. Thanks for the tip, Riku.
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:57 am

No problem. He did a special edition that had a couple of extra pages at the end where he meets most of the players again a few years after to see what they are doing now. Haven't read it myself but I hear it's good. His also doing a followup book on past Millwall legends so be sure to keep your eye out.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Tuffty » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:43 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Find it funny that they're takin the moral highground with this considering what they did to Craig Bellamy a couple seasons back. Still deserved it the cunt. Woulda done it myself if he came over to me. I'm fairly certain the only time we've been guilty of it was with Manu when he ran the length of the pitch to give it to the Arsenal fans. Still, they do it all the fuckin time. I remember Neville used to do it even if he was just warming up. Been a long time coming. Wankers.

So its ok to attempt to cause grevious bodily harm on a player? What was Rooney doing that warranted him to be pelted at with coins when taking a corner? For all the shit that players can get from opposing fans, and then to have the hypocrisy of being outraged when the players give a little back? Bullshit, its a hugely weak justification for such thuggish behaviour. Had it been any lower, Rio may have had his career over and his whole life changed for the worst. What if that happened to one of your own? Some of us are not angels but the same can be said about every club. There is no justification for what happened on Sun and the sooner something is done about it the better. You will find it isn't just us either, its other fans, managers, the PFA, the press...
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:18 pm

I'd be glad if it took his eye out. Yeah, you go over to a huge, pissed off crowd where tensions and emotions are high... Doesn't matter who it is, where it is, when it is, something will happen. Don't blame the lion for biting, blame the idiot who poke it with a stick.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:17 pm

But in this case he went over to his own clubs fans. Its not like when Neville ran all the way up the pitch to blatantly rub it in Liverpool fans faces.[But i think he still ran to the opposite end to them?] or when Ade ran the length of the pitch to taunt Arsenal fans.

I don't mind chants as long as they are not too offensive but chucking stuff at players? Never understood it and anyone that does it should be banned for life.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:39 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: I'd be glad if it took his eye out. Yeah, you go over to a huge, pissed off crowd where tensions and emotions are high... Doesn't matter who it is, where it is, when it is, something will happen. Don't blame the lion for biting, blame the idiot who poke it with a stick.

Again, what's the reason with Rooney then? What did he do other than score a goal and was lining up to take a corner kick? What was the good reason for the Leeds keeper to be attacked by a fan on the pitch during a match? If you can’t handle opposing players celebrating a winning goal somewhere in your line of sight, don’t go to football matches. Or if your reaction to a player expressing joy on the pitch is to reach for a potential missile in your pocket then also don't go.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:06 pm

Hang on a minute, how many of you actually do go? How many of you are in the thick of it, standing up instead of sitting down, constantly chanting beside the away support? How many of you have crammed inside the toilet in a train for five hours only to see your team get beat? How many of you have spent a fortune buying a ticket for a match that sees you relegated? How many of you have been chased through unfamiliar towns/cities with knives n bottles?

Coz from what I can gather, I'm the only one who can raise my hand.

Don't even attempt to comment on a culture you don't understand. Huge, huge difference between liking the sport and following your club. I'm not talkin about lookin up stats on your iPhone app or checkin Sky Sports News when you get in, I'm talkin about the ugly, passionate side of things.

We're the ones who made football what it is. So don't come at me with your pussified vision of matchday, sayin that people like me shouldn't go to the match. It's people like you who shouldn't, and if I'm correct in my easy judgement, don't anyway. Rooney, ferdinand, fergle, they could die a horrible death tomorrow n I'd laugh. Celebrate even.

Don't try judging whilst sat in front of a screen, coz until you're stood up in front of your team, givin it back to the cunts behind the pigs, you'll never know.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:08 pm

I go to every home and away game following Millwall and if someone threw something at a West Ham player I would think his a cunt. My main enjoyment of football is talking to your friends about it and having a laugh at each others team and the time this is most enjoyable is with a fan of a rival club. I love sitting near the home fans at an away match and calling them cunts and out singing them for 90 minutes.

I hate what the Premier League is now with fans who never stand up and opposing fans taking photos of Rooney celebrating as he scores against their team. I hate the fans who go head to toe dressed in the full kit, facepaint and a stupid hat.

I love it when these teams come to Millwall because they fucking melt under the pressure. We played Huddersfield in the playoffs and their players where to scared to run down the wings and take throw ins.

The way I see it you create an atmosphere to help your team. You don't go on the pitch and throw shit at people to try and help them. If you want a punch up do it outside the ground and far away.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:42 am

Mittens, fanatics like you... I don't know. I don't think you even care about football, just your club. It could be handball, real tennis, camel wrestling or chess-boxing, as long as you got one over Man Utd it'd be the same for you.

Fan stories are entertaining and passionate, but you're not "the ones that made football what it is". The players did, and do.
Especially today, as players come from all over the world except the town the club's from, almost, that you'd think it's fine to assault someone who's just doing its job, as stated in his contract, is baffling... Especially at Man City where so many of the players admittedly signed for bigger wages and/or a chance to perform in Europe...
Just let them get on with their job and let us enjoy the game.
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:37 am

@Riku: Crumble under pressure at places like Millwall? Blatantly ain't talkin about the likes of us or Newcastle.

@Vyse: No, I'm talking about how much of a multi-billion pound juggernaut it's become. Without the fierce loyalists, football would never have become the biggest sport in the world. There's a huge sub-culture in football. We're the ones who made it impossible to get a ticket, increasing demand along the way, sustaining regular income. It may not look like it in modern day times, but we're the ones who kicked it off.

And you're wrong about the football bit. I love football as a sport too. It's actually quite relaxing just watching two other teams play. Hell, I used to go to see Lincoln City at Sincil Bank a few times a year just to detach myself a little bit and enjoy the sporting aspect of it.

Either way, Ferdinand gave it out to our support, so did Rooney. Neville's done it before. When you engage the crowd, you better know what the fuck you're doing, coz it's stupid to think that in a sea of over 40,000 pissed off motherfuckers all you'll get is angry looks.

Besides, do you even know how crushing the feeling is? You work your bollocks off all fuckin week, saving your pennies n havin shit nights in watchin god awful wank on the tele with your missus, keepin all the derby tension bottled up, then when you get there, you have your soul destroyed, only for some larger than life, untouchable, overpaid nob ed laughing at you over it? I don't think you do. Keep telling yourself that these are professionals just celebrating. They know how much it means to the supporters, and they use it to wind us up. Not every time, and not every player, but the ones who do... there's a little something people believe in called karma, and if it existed, it fucking happened.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:02 pm

Been to plenty of matches in my time including a cup final against Chelsea but Ive never felt the need win, Lose or draw to go over the line when it comes to players or fans.
Be it racial abuse or assault because that's what the coward did when he chucked an object at Rio why he celebrated in front of his teams fans.
Those people did not make football what it is today. I know a few people who go to all Spurs games home,away and in Europe they don't get or cause trouble. Those are real football fans and every club has plenty of them but also those that go for the wrong reasons.

Its funny Man City fans give Rooney such a hard time, Why? Whats has he done to them apart from score against them while wearing a UTD shirt. And in the case of the last match he was simply waiting to take a corner. What makes it a little funny is those same City fans would be singing his name every week if he had joined them a couple years ago like everyone thought.
Do UTD fans chuck shit at Tevez? Not that i know of. They boo him every chance they get which is fine. At the end of the day it is a sport and nothing those players do on the pitch deserves being assaulted by any fans. Cause it mainly made them look like a bunch of bad losers and simply tarnishes the game and if it keeps happening? We go the Euro route and have netting between the fans and the pitch.

And talking about winding up? Again the Ade celebration comes into that as did Tevez running to the half way line to taunt Fergie despite it already being well known Utd had done all they could to try and keep him.

For the record I'm not saying Mitz is a thug because as far as i know his not chucked anything at players.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic