Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Bluecast » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:48 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: I spent the last hour working while my roommate talks about his hair loss to me. He's just sitting on my bed talkin and talking about how his barber says its thinning, I look back every so often and tell him he just needs to calm down and he keeps stressin himself out, but he keeps on about it. He hasen't even realized I typed this, I bet I could point at the screen and he woulden't get it.

lol I know his pain. When I was sick my hair thinned so much as was nearly bald but luckily for me in recovery my hair grew back and thicker than before.

Basically looked like someone drew thin pencil lines down my crown.
:P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:14 am

See STRESS! I should hire a Stres-pert to help him deal with STRESS.

Seriously though this guy flips out about like everything. When he got fired from gamestop he thought they were going to put him in jail because once like 5 years ago he mistaken;y took a game without paying. (it was an actual accident)
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:28 am

^ Overreaction much
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:08 am

He overreacts to like everything, usually he comes in, sits on my bed, freaks him self out, and I pour a few drinks and tell im to chill out. This has basically been how the two of us have handled the last 10 years of knowing each other.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:14 pm

phpBB [video]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Kenny » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:52 pm

Running a bunch of found footage ideas.

It's going to be pretty hard to execute an idea no one has ever done before in that genre AND keep it horrendously micro budget. I've considered the serial killer and survival genres, but I think if I'm going to make a name for myself (or at least break even) it's going to have to have a monster in it. I was considering doing something with a Werewolf but to have someone in costume and NOT have it laughable is next to impossible for my budget.

I've gotten a few great suggestions so far and compiling as many as I can before I make my big decision.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Found footage? How about a botched ransom attempt that nobody gave a fuck about n they never managed to "put out there" coz they didn't think through how to edit the footage and actually deliver it anonymously?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Kenny » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:46 pm

That sounds pretty interesting. But how can you stretch that out into a compelling hour and thirty minutes with just the found footage?

You could splice it up with interview footage and make it a pseudo-doc, but it's been done before.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:59 pm

Could be a revenge plot, they want a certain someone to know who they are and they're documenting the whole thing to point out how the person could've stopped it and why they should suffer.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:10 pm

Right but what I meant say is -- are the protagonists going to film at the same time the antagonists are? I can see one party filming, but if the other has their own camera and conveniently films at the same time it'll be too coincidental and unbelievable.

They did it in End of Watch, where the cops and the gangs were filming their shit, and I just didn't buy it.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:24 pm

Found footage are the most cliched and boring thing anymore as it's so damn overused just like Zombies. Hold the fucking camera steady so it's not feeling like riding the tilt a whirl with the stomach flu. Why Cloverfeild was shit. Yes since Blair crap project. Everyone has to emulate that even TV shows with this shaky cam bullshit. Stop making it look fake gritty. While Blair Witch is an overrated pile of shit they got one thing right. They used an actual crap camera instead of this simulated crap with REC in the corner. Recent film VHS was terrible aside from the chick at the beginning. Plus most the time it doesn't make sense why they are still holding the camera. Yeah only getting stabbed here better hold the camera but shake it around a bunch so it looks like having trouble or just watched my buddies dick get eaten by demon girl and now she is flying me over the hotel..but keep filming.

As a kid watching Americas Funniest Home Videos with Bob Saget we use to always get frustrated with people who held a camera like they were having epileptic seizure fits. It's more often than not lazy film making.

Now something similar can work even tho still maybe a bit shaky but not as much. Instead of a camera. Just first person view. A Music video not long ago did an amazing job of this. First person games? why not First person films

phpBB [video]

I like these guys idea but still a bit too shaky

Yes doom movie sucked and even this bit was cheesy but it was steady

phpBB [video]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:50 pm

Thanks for the two cents, but I have no money to make the feature films I actually prefer to make. And I've seen the first person video, it's cool but it's a short for a reason. I can't imagine watching something in a forced perspective for a long period of time, they even put the camera down in FF flicks sometimes or change the perspective so it won't feel so jarring.

Bottom line is, as "cliché" as you accuse them to be, these films are highly profitable because there is an audience for them. Myself included. I'd like to make a good one for cheap and I'm still looking at my options. Also watching other FF films I've never seen before to get some inspiration going. Unfortunately I do have a solid FF script but it requires so much money I don't have to make it.

Kenny has received a thanks from: OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:07 pm

I just don't think they stand the test of time. Just looks lazy and shit to me. Whatevs. Tho if people can take hundred of hours of FPS then why not 90 minutes? Esp when that's what all the shaky cam movies are. First person.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:26 pm

Maybe splice it with videos of suspect interviews, news footage, some unfortunate kids tryna do some Jackass style shit on their camera phones only to stumbled across a bunch of angry/hungry kidnappers with guns. Maybe CCTV footage of the victim's significant other just getting on with life as if they don't even give a shit, or summat.

Either way, usually "found footage" films are assumed as if they're being watched for the first time. This could be seen from a perspective where it be film itself has been released along with other footage edited together as a documentary type film about some proper disturbing video that was found and released on YouTube and the resulting scandal that befell the victim's family and local police department for their lack of efforts on any front.

This way you can have your cake and eat it too without having to resort to the "multiple cameras coz one of em's a video geek" get-out clause.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:28 pm

Sonikku has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Sonikku
News Poster