Things that get on your proverbial tits

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Things that get on your proverbial tits

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:27 pm

^Ha! That reminds me of a legendary moment from secondary school. It's one I'll never forget and probably isn't even funny to anyone but me, but anyway...

Me and a mate of mine used to half-bully another mate. It was pretty bad lookin back on it, as we were the only ones he had, but we just ripped on him daily coz of how boring he was. I mean, the guy said that he genuinely didn't like music. Not as in pop music or metal or hip-hop, he just flat out didn't like music. We come back from half term break, I turn to him and say "So Browny, what did you get up to over half-term." He shrugs his shoulders and says "I just sat there."

To this day, I don't know if he was just a comedic genius that lived his performance or if he really was that boring. Bumped into him about half a year ago, and he works in the courts now, so unfortunately I'm leaning towards the latter.

MiTT3NZ has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Raithos, Rakim
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Shenmuedabest » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:34 pm

I've met people before that when I've asked "what kind of music are you into?" they've just said "whatever's popular". I die inside for a moment due to coming to the realisation that there are people that have no modicum of art in any way, shape or form. They're the 21 Jump Street, eagerly anticipating 23 Jump Street, type of plebs.

Shenmuedabest has received 4 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, OL, Raithos, ys
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:43 pm

The sad thing is that is an answer I get more then say rap or rock.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Shenmuedabest » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:51 pm

Art is extremely important in shaping you as a person. Whether it be musical, cinematic, literary or your classic drama or paintings or illustration. If you have no valid opinion on any then you might as well be a cabbage.

I knew someone that said Top Gun was his favourite film. I shit you not.
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:09 pm

^I've got a mate who's favourite film is Top Gun. He knows it's cheesy and stupid as fuck though and that's why he loves it. I'd be worried if he was pissed it didn't win everything that year at the Oscars though.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby myshtuff » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:41 pm

The radio gets on my proverbial tits. Every time I turn it on its garbage. I basically either leave my radio on the classical station or the hispanic station. And no I am not hispanic, but I would rather listen to that then 90% of the other stations.

myshtuff has received a thanks from: OL
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar

Postby OL » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:04 pm

^^Ha, that's uncanny... I swear to god, I have the exact same feelings on that stuff. I've got classical and Spanish stations as the presets on my radio too.
The only time I put it on a "rock" station (I put that in quotes because the term seems to be used very, very loosely nowadays) is at noon on weekdays, when one of them around here plays all 90s stuff. Any other time, it's all junk.

OL has received a thanks from: myshtuff
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby NismoZZzz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:50 pm

I can agree with practically everything has said. Here' some of mine.

1. I fucking hate unnecessary selfies of any kind that do not bring anything different to the table. In the gym, in front of the mirror, at the beach, what fucking ever. They are unnecessary and your attention seeking eager self needs to calm down. I prefer selfies guided towards fun like what The Rock posts. The ones that include a garbage quote piss me off too. It's too damn predictable.

2. I hate social media. Even though I've managed to snag plenty of dates and girls from them, I don't care if Joey Bag of Donuts is feeling down and out while enjoying a Bud Lite. I hate how things 'catch' on within these platforms and suddenly some dumb ass thinks he's famous and shows up on Ellen.

3. Those vine "comedians" suddenly appearing all together in Hollywood. Just stop.

4. Unnecessary text messages by people that don't have hobbies. I hate these texts, I don't reply to them. I'm busy, I'm doing productive stuff go do something yourself.

5. Which leads me to going out in general and everyone is staring at their fucking phone. What is the point of going out and experiencing the world if you're staring at a screen mad that someone else is. I hate seeing this and it always happens with girls. It's so easy to see who is self conscious or lack self-esteem using this that you can take out for a quickie.

6. Those lame common sense questions people will say in public: "OH MY GOD TODAY IS FRIDAY RIGHT? IT'S FRIDAY?" Chill, you know its Friday and no one gives a fuck what your plans are.

7. People who ask too many stupid questions. Shut the fuck up.

I have more. I clearly just hate a good amount of things.

NismoZZzz has received 2 thanks from: Miles Prower, ys
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby myshtuff » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:51 pm

Yeah but how do you really feel though? Haha
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar

Postby Miles Prower » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:31 am

NismoZZzz wrote: 6. Those lame common sense questions people will say in public: "OH MY GOD TODAY IS FRIDAY RIGHT? IT'S FRIDAY?" Chill, you know its Friday and no one gives a fuck what your plans are.

Particularly annoying if you do shift work and you'll most likely be working the weekend anyway :mad: Oh add that to the list too - people who work 9 to 5 who simply don't understand why you can't make something that's on an evening or a weekend because you're, you know, WORKING.

Miles Prower has received a thanks from: NismoZZzz
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Thief » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:43 am

When someone makes a small error in grammar or something and the other person pretends like they can't understand them because of it.

"Me and Eric went to the mall and..."
"Wait what? Who's mean Eric?"
"Me and Eric."
"Oh, you mean "Eric and I"...OK sorry go on then"
"Fuck you"

Thief has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:59 am

Socialites. People who feel the need to be so accepted and praised by everyone that the constantly put on a cardboard personality so that thier fake friends will tell them fake nice things that no one really means.

Also people who try to demonise anyone who has a different opinion than them.

The public transport system in Britain outside of London. I hope "first" implodes someday.

People who whine just for the sake of whining.

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, St. Elmo's Fire
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Peter » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:38 am

SELFIES

/thread.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, NismoZZzz
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby SaM_4000 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:13 am

ys wrote:
SaM_4000 wrote: People from a privileged background giving average Joe's advice on how to become successful.

By the way, I've been wondering about your avatar the last two days. From which game is that? I tried to place it and suddenly Lands of Lore popped up in my mind. Probably the art style and I remember being in an inn. Really atmospheric game.

Yes, you are correct! My avatar is from Lands of Lore from the bartender at the Inn in the Southlands forest at the beginning of the game. Always nice to know that the Lands of Lore series isn't entirely forgotten, the first game is especially an epic.
By the way if you're interested, you can purchase the game is on gog.com and it comes with Lands of Lore 2, or you can also add the third game all for fairly cheap, it's a pretty sweet deal if you ask me!

Riku Rose wrote:Money is very easy to make when you have money. It's just getting that first bit that's hard as hell.

^Exactly. The fact that this person was working, not paying rent and inherited $50,000 is what made the article just utterly ridiculous, and extremely misleading from the title.
SaM_4000
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:40 am

Peter wrote: SELFIES

/thread.

MiTT3NZ has received 4 thanks from: Peter, Rakim, SaM_4000, Sonikku
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317