Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Rakim » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:29 am

Colbert is really killing the late night talk show game right now. I love his new show.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shredingskin » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:14 pm

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Kenny
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Thief » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:03 am

The dojo feels back to normal and I am at ease.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:20 am

I would say it will be nice and relatively peaceful until Monaco Magic in February next year. That's when Suzuki will be showing off Shenmue 3 next.

Still pondering whether to go or not :-k
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby sand4fish » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:53 pm

Peter wrote: I would say it will be nice and relatively peaceful until Monaco Magic in February next year. That's when Suzuki will be showing off Shenmue 3 next.

Still pondering whether to go or not :-k

I really thought the Monaco event was a locked in kind of deal for you Peter. Well, I guess you still have the whole Japan trip to prepare to.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:22 pm

It kinda was, but I am put off by the language barrier, plus also not knowing where to go, what to do etc. I would be going there to see Yu sans conference, and if I wasn't getting to see that then I wouldn't really be interested in going. So many questions about the event, like is it a ticket deal to get into the conferences, do you have to be a member of the industry etc. Stuff like that.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby sand4fish » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:47 pm

Peter wrote: It kinda was, but I am put off by the language barrier, plus also not knowing where to go, what to do etc. I would be going there to see Yu sans conference, and if I wasn't getting to see that then I wouldn't really be interested in going. So many questions about the event, like is it a ticket deal to get into the conferences, do you have to be a member of the industry etc. Stuff like that.

Yeah, I get you. I have definitely been in this kind of situation lol. Well, I know the event is free and if you go to their website and register, you could ask questions on whether the Yu Suzuki conference is also open to the general public (I'm confident it is).
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:25 pm

Ah yea I forgot, I registered ages ago. I suppose I could ask Cedric or David but I hate asking people for help. Always feel like a burden. I am a get things done on my own type of guy.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:34 pm

Hit a cat with my car today. Ran out in front of me, luckily I hit the brakes in time and was stationery when it bumped into me. Must of been shook up but it looked like it was unharmed when it ran away..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby sand4fish » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:37 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote: Hit a cat with my car today. Ran out in front of me, luckily I hit the brakes in time and was stationery when it bumped into me. Must of been shook up but it looked like it was unharmed when it ran away..

And all the Chibi, Mimi and Tama out there thank you for your quick reflexes.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:14 pm

Peter wrote: Ah yea I forgot, I registered ages ago. I suppose I could ask Cedric or David but I hate asking people for help. Always feel like a burden. I am a get things done on my own type of guy.

People tend to appreciate other people work, and Cedric seems to be not only a part of the Shenmue team but also a fan, he just clarifying stuff may not only be part of his work as public relations, but a friendly chat he can feel proud showing you.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:57 pm

It's just my mentality. I'd just be a burden to anyone. Stupid way of thinking I know, but it's just how I am built.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:28 pm

Peter wrote: It's just my mentality. I'd just be a burden to anyone. Stupid way of thinking I know, but it's just how I am built.

Much better than pretty much being like me: a cynic, depressive, mostly misanthrope, trying to do "the best".

To be honest you can gauge both, from my side, you can go there and meet yu suzuki, say him hi and exchange a couple of words (at MOST).

Or try to do with your money something else, that could be something even better, who knows.

You won't be a burden to anyone, that's assured, you having a different experience is worth the 20 minutes of someone just answering a couple of questions, they will feel good about themselves (while you don't think of sleeping in cedric's appartment because "I'm a shenmue fan"). It's a couple of questions.

But I totally get you and understand you. It's a fuck lot easier to say this to you than doing it myself.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby fittersau » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:29 am

Crimson Ryan wrote: Hit a cat with my car today. Ran out in front of me, luckily I hit the brakes in time and was stationery when it bumped into me. Must of been shook up but it looked like it was unharmed when it ran away..

Your car, would it have happened to be black?

Were you going to the harbour?
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:36 pm

Today will be my last day of drunkedness at least for a month.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic