Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Peter » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:39 am

POF victim over here. Dates usually end the one way. Just hop on now and again when looking some fun. They can dress it whatever way they want, but it's how it's used by its members is what defines it, so don't hate the player, hate the game.

Too busy these days to even entertain a date or sex right now anyways.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:45 am

YUmakemygame wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote:
YUmakemygame wrote:Are you sure you aren't an expat from the USA? That by no means is an insult, but you have a very thorough understanding about what's happening across the Atlantic.

Thanks for the sarcasm. ;-)

A guy drove a Jeep full of gas cylinders into the doors, it didn't explode but went on fire, driver got out and ran away, baggage handler chased him down and kicked him in the ball sack.). London would be a bit scarier and more likely, but the intelligence folk seem to have it under control. I'm guessing some of this info comes from people on the ground in these war torn places?

Funny... I was actually being sincere when I said that. Even across the internet I still sound bitchy, hahaha. That post made me chuckle considering our boys stateside would probably clutch their pearls and hand him a gluten-free avocado sandwich. I read a lot of news, which makes for boring conversations all around. Assad is one bad ass mofo, he's practically melting his own people with sarin gas, plus I think he's from a religious sect called Alawite. My guess is that he hates both the Shi'ite and the Sunni equally, and he's practicing a bit of genocide on his part. Saddam I'm iffy about, I believe he was the first to call for global jihad and the conglomeration of all sects to war with the West. But a brilliant point about keeping his people in check. All in all, I just hope our freedoms here still remain intact. We're one of the few countries that are permitted to carry guns without having to get a permit (most of the time). They're good for blasting NYC cockroaches, we ride them on the freeway. That notion of legal private possession waved bye-bye to the UK a while ago I'm afraid. Nice knuckledusters though! No sarcasm here doll, scouts honor. :heart:

It was more the fact that the rest of your post kinda proved I in fact knew not very much, rather than your tone, which was fine throughout! :lol:

The Wiki of that Glasgow incident is actually pretty funny too, 'cos it describes it "properly"!

Another man exited the car and ran into the terminal building while he was on fire and began writhing on the ground, before being kicked in the testicles by a member of the public, John Smeaton

Though he was a baggage handler, it appears he was off duty at the time so for Wiki's purposes was just a "member of the public".
That sorta thing is one of the things that still makes me proud to be from Scotland, we do tend to get things done. We just sorta stepped back a bit, thought "Woah!", then went back to living, which is probably one way to make the bad guys "lose", 'cos their efforts didn't disrupt us THAT much...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:21 pm

YUmakemygame wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote:
YUmakemygame wrote:Are you sure you aren't an expat from the USA? That by no means is an insult, but you have a very thorough understanding about what's happening across the Atlantic.

Thanks for the sarcasm. ;-)

A guy drove a Jeep full of gas cylinders into the doors, it didn't explode but went on fire, driver got out and ran away, baggage handler chased him down and kicked him in the ball sack.). London would be a bit scarier and more likely, but the intelligence folk seem to have it under control. I'm guessing some of this info comes from people on the ground in these war torn places?

Funny... I was actually being sincere when I said that. Even across the internet I still sound bitchy, hahaha. That post made me chuckle considering our boys stateside would probably clutch their pearls and hand him a gluten-free avocado sandwich. I read a lot of news, which makes for boring conversations all around. Assad is one bad ass mofo, he's practically melting his own people with sarin gas, plus I think he's from a religious sect called Alawite. My guess is that he hates both the Shi'ite and the Sunni equally, and he's practicing a bit of genocide on his part. Saddam I'm iffy about, I believe he was the first to call for global jihad and the conglomeration of all sects to war with the West. But a brilliant point about keeping his people in check. All in all, I just hope our freedoms here still remain intact. We're one of the few countries that are permitted to carry guns without having to get a permit (most of the time). They're good for blasting NYC cockroaches, we ride them on the freeway. That notion of legal private possession waved bye-bye to the UK a while ago I'm afraid. Nice knuckledusters though! No sarcasm here doll, scouts honor. :heart:

I can't be assed to get in to an argument about this but I would like to point out that Alawite is a shia sect. That's why assad has support from Iran and hezbollah
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Amir » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:44 pm

Applied for a NeoGAF account last night, can I expect to have it approved before the release of Shenmue III?
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:49 pm

Kenny wrote: I saw this girl on tinder with a bloody nose and a bizarre caption, I was like...I need to know your story.

I came across her again today and we matched.

Maybe it was meant to be.

Opening line:

At least you're bleeding on your face and not your underwear as that would ruin what I have planned for the evening.

I fell in love with Tinder last summer but have really not been using it much lately. If you can say more then 'Hi' in an opening message you're more interesting then 95% of the guys on there. It sounds stupid as I would have killed for this at certain times in my life but I got bored with how easy it was to just meet a woman for sex. I'm not after a relationship but I gets boring just going for a drink and talking to a woman you're never going to see again after you close her front door in 3 hours time.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kenny » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:58 pm

I tend to be tame but occasionally get bored and open with a line like that (I didn't with this one).

I take the long approach and just chat up the ones I find the most cute/hot and interesting before meeting. I can imagine how it can be boring treating it like a revolving door. It's a great ego booster though.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:26 pm

Kenny wrote: Until you start getting laid, of course.

It skips past the bullshit and gets straight to the point.

"Sex" doesnt mean anything to me, its more about the person im with. if I have sex good, if I dont, who cares? I'm a single man not looking for a relationship. I worry about many men this day and age thinking that getting laid is such vital part of the male existence, those thoughts betray you. I personally have to have more than a pretty face or hot body in front of me for me to be attracted to the point I want intercourse, I have to be attracted to their intelligence, or their personality, or some other characteristic thats more than just their body, it may even be their demeanor i attracted to. Tinder is a tool i would never use, I have tried to have sex with random girls, or just girls I was like "shes fuckable" until I realized I personally wasnt comfortable with whatever situation it was, and I just felt wrong afterwards and its not an experience I want again. I never fuck on the first date, I have to feel very comfortable with them to have sex, sex to me is entirely too close/intimate/personal to be doing with random people like that imo, I tried it, I did not like it. Just keep a good fuck buddy around, that I care about as a friend, I know a few girls that know EXACTLY whats up and what im looking for, we may hang out for hours but after we are done getting busy, we are on our seperate ways. I prefer this way alot more than trying to find people on apps like tinder, course I may be able to do that very thing via tinder, but that makes it too easy and easy isnt as fun.

Im just against this whole Tinder and "Netflix and Chill" pathetic life style I am seeing all over the place with the justification that "but im getting laid...". like congratulations, welcome to adulthood, there is the cookie jar. And im just like, so you had to resort to tinder huh?... Classy. :???:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:49 pm

PS You can get into a serious relationship through Tinder (my roommate has), I opt not to at this moment in my life.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:43 am

Yo-Yo Ma was on Colbert yesterday doing a jazzy Saint-Saens piece and it was very nice.

phpBB [video]

Rakim has received a thanks from: OL
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:25 pm

This is the 3rd time I have to download 1.4gigs of models with a shitty connection.

I think I'll allahu akbar the shit outta something.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Peter » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:22 pm

I hate it when you meet someone and you are kinda together. Dating, but a little more than that. Not exclusive, but certainly on the road with all arrows pointing in that direction.

But I've been single for a very long time, and at 32 it really is getting to a now or never stage. But I've been so used to being on my own that I miss my free time. Peter time. To be able to spend my budget on things for me and know exactly where I stand. We don't even get along that we'll as she is the most sarcastic and dry person I have ever been with. It's good in a way. Different. But it's a bit of a drag and my head is firing on all cylinders. Work, learning Japanese, practicing snooker, finding some alone time to play some games or watch TV, keep up to date with social media and the Dojo. It's always something. Now add, "when are we meeting.". Fun times. Sad times. Tired after sex times. Argument times. My brain is just melted.

First world problems rant over.

Annnnd breathe.

First world
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:33 pm

Dont sacrifice your life and the things you want to do for a woman or relationship. Alot of the things you had said are the reason i plan on being single for a while, when im emotionally and financially ready ill think about that kind of stuff, but there is just no way right now. so you are 32? you still have time, dont rush or push yourself or feel obligated, if you have all this other stuff going on that you feel takes priority, then do what you have to do. You may even try just asking if you guys can tone down the frequency of visiting and explain you have other things that you want and need to do.

I have a girl I am talking to, just my friend/sex buddy that i really enjoy and get along great with. I went into the hospital and we lost contact the last few months briefly said hi every so often, and the whole situation has basically fell off. I'm not sure if I can get it back to the way it was, just something seems different, not sure shes being honest with me/herself about how she feels about all the absence from each others lives, me being so damn sick and weak may have scared her or put her off. I know she has other guys she gets with some times, and im fine with that, its not like im not talking to other girls but im alot closer with her and still value her friendship. I just feel like I cant let situations like this falter me from what I need and want to do, maybe thats cold of me, but right now im still sick and recovering and I just cant stress it. I say choose your life and future in these situations, something may always come along later, if not I can live with me making the best decision i could at the time.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:29 pm

phpBB [video]

How I hate my country.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:23 pm

phpBB [video]
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:08 pm

Doing research on high school guidance counselors for my next screenplay while waiting on my artist to give me character lineups for my comic.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic