Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Sonikku » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:17 pm

A VERY special heartfelt thanks to Ziming for his gift to me of a rare Shenmue record signed by our lord and savior himself, Yu Suzuki. Beautifully framed and shipped in top notch packaging at rapid speed. Ziming is a man with a fine eye for nailing even the smallest details.

Pictured

It now holds a place of honor above my home theater. Whenever I look upon it now I will think of you, Ziming. :heart: Now please forgive me for taking so long to snap a photo of it and get it uploaded. :lol:

Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby myshtuff » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:41 pm

Sonikku wrote: our lord and savior himself, Yu Suzuki.

Praise be unto him. =D>
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Axm » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:22 am

Ziming always coming through with the good stuff. Very nice placement Sonikku.

Axm has received a thanks from: Ziming
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Ziming » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:17 pm

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received 4 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Axm, Mr357, Sonikku
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:56 pm

When I was younger I thought that the internet was the start of propaganda going into decline with how effectively it united multiple points of view and made facts and information readily available to all. Unfortunately, the internet instead facilitated the golden age of propaganda. I have only myself to blame for thinking it would be otherwise.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: ShenGCH
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby ShenGCH » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:22 am

Sonikku wrote: When I was younger I thought that the internet was the start of propaganda going into decline with how effectively it united multiple points of view and made facts and information readily available to all. Unfortunately, the internet instead facilitated the golden age of propaganda. I have only myself to blame for thinking it would be otherwise.

Well, the internet is basically real life, only in digital form. Sooner or later, the sewage from the outside world was sure to seep in. Just another inevitability.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:43 am

Yep, the publicist and propaganda types did latch onto it pretty damned quickly. The internet is great though in that you're NOT limited to your selection of brainwashing-enabled TV news or newspapers, you can go off and find your own stuff. I quite like some comment sections for this reason, you can immediately go there and argue about how one sided the story you have just read is. I also hate the comment sections too though for showing just how many people ARE brainwashed dummies who believe the media and will argue with full vitriol and thumb-down tactics if you dare be more enlightened than them!

I think people in general are slowly becoming more aware, it will take a long time before they realise pretty much everything we're told is bullshit, or at least presented in a style that's as good as bullshit, but I think more and more will latch on...

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Monkei
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:08 pm

^Bu-Bu-But *posts overused tin foil hat image to "discredit" something*
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Sonikku » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:28 pm

Just got a call that my grandfather is in the emergency room. I called them and they wouldn't tell me anything other than that he was just admitted and they'll call me later.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby FlagshipFighter » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:38 pm

Sonikku wrote:Just got a call that my grandfather is in the emergency room. I called them and they wouldn't tell me anything other than that he was just admitted and they'll call me later.

Oh gosh, I hope everything turns out okay, hopefully the discretion from the doctors is just them discovering and dealing with the issue at hand. Do let us know if you need a voice, hoping for the best x

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Sonikku » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:34 am

Just got home. He has a bunch of issues but they say he'll make it. Staying a few days as they sort it all out I guess.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:12 pm

^Glad he's OK!

Man the people at my local FedEx are so stupid. I ordered something from a local store (that doesn't allow store pickup) and it was due for delivery on 8/4. Then for some reason it got changed to today and my email said between 12-2 PM so I am home just waiting around and it never shows up. Check again and it says "8/5 end of day." Then delivery said "pending." So I just keep waiting and it never shows up. Check it again and see this:

Date/Time
Activity Location
8/05/2016 - Friday
8:28 pm Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
8/04/2016 - Thursday
7:14 pm Left FedEx origin facility HOUSTON, TX
1:06 pm Arrived at FedEx location HOUSTON, TX
12:00 am Picked up HOUSTON, TX
8/03/2016 - Wednesday
2:34 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx

Some how my package that was shipped from here in Houston, left the store, went to a FedEx facility and has now arrived in Memphis TN. My new delivery date it 8/9 by end of day lol. This is not the first time this has happend, what morons.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Calshot » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:28 pm

^
I had a similar experience not too long ago with USPS. I mailed out an antique (which wasn't inexpensive) and it was supposed to be delivered in 3 days. For 5 days, the tracking info showed it not even leaving my local post office until it suddenly just updated when it actually made it to its destination.

I guess we should try UPS next time.

Calshot has received a thanks from: Raithos
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:28 am

Do they have DPD over there? They are a marvellous delivery company!

To be fair the regular brown UPS seems pretty decent most of the time too though...

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Bambi
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:33 am

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Do they have DPD over there? They are a marvellous delivery company!

Literally the only courier I've never had an issue with, I think they must be relatively expensive or more online retailers would use them.

On a related note I'm trying out Amazon Prime at the moment and all of my next day deliveries have been spot on, even got one on a Sunday, what a time to be alive.
:!:

Bambi has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic