You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Postby Sailors? » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:37 am

^ That's part of the problem. Some people believing this is mainly a forum for Shenmue and others believing it is more of a hangout place for the community that's been built over the years. In reality it's both but the community definitely comes BEFORE the Shenmue part nowadays since for now, Shenmue is dead. I don't believe either Ryudo or Peter where suitable moderators for this site, but if Peter has his mod status returned then so be it. We can't deny however how much both have done for the site and forum, Ryudo has been working on this site alongside others for many many years, and peter has always aimed to bring back the Shenmue spirit by getting the voice actors to post here and other efforts.

I will always post at this site so long as it doesn't go completely down the can, I just wish it was more active.

EDIT: That was in reply to Mitsu.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Brothaman » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:40 am

Dear God here we go again...
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sailors? » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:46 am

I don't want to cause any arguments, I just want things to settle down.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby south carmain » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:56 am

I want an island and a billion dollars to develop that island

oh and does anyone in the UK have a PS2 to sell for cheap?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Mitsuzuki » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:58 am

I hear you Sailors. It's clear Ryudo and Peter have put years worth of effort into this place and that effort should be commended. There's a lot of history here from people who have become close friends, which is great. I'm just giving my perspective from a relative newcomer.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:21 am

Peter may have called me nothing but a trouble maker and done things I've never agreed with like how the deleting posts shit was handled. In the end though he cared about this place and wasn't trying to force things to be how he wanted but how others wanted it. He is a good mod and him being demoted is childish.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby lavrentis » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:37 am

For a site with not that many posters (and most are regular posters) this place seems overly moderated.

It's got too many sub-forums for a start IMO as well
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:46 am

Peter's name isn't green anymore, it's orange. Suddenly, the world makes less sense.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:48 am

^Ryudo demoted him for some reason.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:49 am

lavrentis wrote:It's got too many sub-forums for a start IMO as well

Agree with that.

Made a post in Web discussion: /viewtopic.php?f=49&p=999459#p999459
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:50 am

Yeah, I know, it's because Peter moving his topic from the General Discussion forum to the Creative forum would've had an adverse affect on receiving his benefits. Apparently.

I thought everyone just used "View New Posts" anyway, doesn't that make more sense instead of hopping through each sub-forum?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:54 am

Riku Rose wrote:^Ryudo demoted him for some reason.

A cowards last act of desperation..Where are the prison keys? Now we can free all the members that were unjustly banned or chose to leave.
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Kenny » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:33 am

Mitsuzuki wrote:I'm going to come right out and say it: Ryudo was not a good mod here. He moderated this place under his own sets of rules and changed them to how he saw fit. He espoused how threads need to stay on topic, but very often went off topic himself. When threads become critical of his choices, he locked them, not giving the rest of the community a chance to speak its voice. He demoted a mod without consultation to the site owner.

This.

It couldn't have been more obvious, dating first a couple of years ago. His emotional outbursts made it harder and harder for me to side with him especially when I witnessed people speaking out. The fact he was in a position of power made it worse. He may have done alot of good things like get rid of the bots and organize, but as far as regulating discussion there have been one too many disasters.

I don't really think it's a matter of "cooling down" and getting things back together like they used to. Pretending, once again, like they never happened. Him having his own forum and stopping by as a regular user every so often sounds like its the best thing overall. I know some of you want to be keepers of the peace but there's a point of realization where things are just not going to work out. This seems to be one of those. Too many outbursts, too many "i'm sorry" topics, too many chances.

And its unfortunate giving the fact Blue contributed to some great discussions, but he just couldn't control his rage. Maybe him being around people that just agree with him all the time and not have heated disagreements is what he needs to get better while we just need someone who can moderate ALL discussion, heated disagreements and casual agreements.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Peter » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:52 am

Just wanna say thanks to all the positive messages that people have given, both publicly and privately. A lot of them have been very heartfelt and touching, and have made me feel a lot better than what i have done at the beginning of the day. Theres nothing worse than putting yourself out there, and totally feeling alone, so thanks for that. I am in work at the minute, but i will be replying to each and everyone when i get home.
Also, things may seem a bit shit at the minute, but rest assured Yama knows of whats went down and will be working on the board when he gets a few minutes to himself. But things will be better from all of this, i have no doubts of that. Also i hold absolutely no animosity to people on here in regards to differing opinions on myself or my modding style, or heated debates that have taken place in the past (Sailors?, Riku, Mue, Mittz etc). This place has great members, and will be a better place in the near future. I garuntee it :nice!:
Last edited by Peter on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby south carmain » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:02 pm

well at least this way people won't be childishly insulted for liking something or wanting to discuss something
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic