"MMA" Martial Arts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: "MMA" Martial Arts Offcial topic

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:35 am

Jokatech19 wrote:Well I know all of you bigots like to ignore me and pretend I don't exist, but ignore what just happened to Chael. Goodnight

I dont ignore you but yeah poor Chael, Do think that spin elbow is a dumb move even more so against someone like Silver and that knee was deadly

Have to say you are the only person ive seen say anyhting along the lines of silver toyed with him in the first fight, Everyone else says Chael was just over a minute away from the title having won every round.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Jokatech19 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:48 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:
Jokatech19 wrote:Well I know all of you bigots like to ignore me and pretend I don't exist, but ignore what just happened to Chael. Goodnight

I dont ignore you but yeah poor Chael, Do think that spin elbow is a dumb move even more so against someone like Silver and that knee was deadly

Have to say you are the only person ive seen say anyhting along the lines of silver toyed with him in the first fight, Everyone else says Chael was just over a minute away from the title having won every round.

Exactly bro. I watched the first fight again, but even when I saw it live I knew something was up. I didn't hear about the rib injuries until later. From watching Anderson take out Belfort and the likes of Leben I knew something was up. I wasn't just looking at Chael's punches landing, but also Chael's technique and Anderson's resistance. It did not look like someone with better standup than Anderson legitimately beating him against his will. Joe rogan was the only person to say it looked like Anderson offered Jo resistance and that was seconds before the fight started last night. Chael is a good fighter and does well but he was outmatched.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:02 am

Yeah its a shame i wanted him to win just because i enjoy watching him so much but im not one of these who try to take anything away from Silva and i dont see anyone matching his record.

Not sure what round it was after but at one point during the first fight i remember seeing Silva pointing to his ribs several times.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Ziming » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:57 am

I would like to see Alan Belcher get his shot at the Spider if he beats one or two more top contenders.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:03 pm

Cant really see anyone beating him any time soon. Are they not trying to set up a fight with GSP?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Jokatech19 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:39 pm

I wanted to see that fight, but my interest has waned now that it looks like GSP is backing away somewhat or at least it seems. I was originally hoping to see Vitor Belfort make his way back. He has the intelligence and experience on top of having that fire in his eyes needed to compete with Anderson. He further showed his seriousness by demolishing his last couple of opponents. But with the injury it's uncertain now. Actually, I want Chael to get a rematch moreso now. He stuck to what he does in round 1 and did well. I actually was a bit disgusted with Silva. He's the greatest of all time and still looks helpless on the ground with a wrestler. He makes no effort to improve in that area and I hate that. I want a rematch where Chael keeps it on the ground forcing Anderson to a real challenge.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bambi » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:24 pm

Didn't Chael say he would leave the UFC if he lost? :)
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:01 pm

Bambi wrote:Didn't Chael say he would leave the UFC if he lost? :)

Last year but Silva turned him down
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:
Bambi wrote:Didn't Chael say he would leave the UFC if he lost? :)

Last year but Silva turned him down

Ah, I was wondering why it never came up after the fight. I don't feel so bad for Chael now. :lol:
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Ziming » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Jokatech19 wrote:I wanted to see that fight, but my interest has waned now that it looks like GSP is backing away somewhat or at least it seems. I was originally hoping to see Vitor Belfort make his way back. He has the intelligence and experience on top of having that fire in his eyes needed to compete with Anderson. He further showed his seriousness by demolishing his last couple of opponents. But with the injury it's uncertain now. Actually, I want Chael to get a rematch moreso now. He stuck to what he does in round 1 and did well. I actually was a bit disgusted with Silva. He's the greatest of all time and still looks helpless on the ground with a wrestler. He makes no effort to improve in that area and I hate that. I want a rematch where Chael keeps it on the ground forcing Anderson to a real challenge.

Hey what did you think of Costa Philippou? His striking is excellent and I heard he almost qualified for Olympic boxing. He is also working on his wresting which shows in his take-down defense. A couple more fights and I see a contender in him.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Jokatech19 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:19 pm

Ziming wrote:
Jokatech19 wrote:I wanted to see that fight, but my interest has waned now that it looks like GSP is backing away somewhat or at least it seems. I was originally hoping to see Vitor Belfort make his way back. He has the intelligence and experience on top of having that fire in his eyes needed to compete with Anderson. He further showed his seriousness by demolishing his last couple of opponents. But with the injury it's uncertain now. Actually, I want Chael to get a rematch moreso now. He stuck to what he does in round 1 and did well. I actually was a bit disgusted with Silva. He's the greatest of all time and still looks helpless on the ground with a wrestler. He makes no effort to improve in that area and I hate that. I want a rematch where Chael keeps it on the ground forcing Anderson to a real challenge.

Hey what did you think of Costa Philippou? His striking is excellent and I heard he almost qualified for Olympic boxing. He is also working on his wresting which shows in his take-down defense. A couple more fights and I see a contender in him.

Yeah he's a fringe contender now. And with good hand skills he's in a good division to rise to the top. Not alot of good boxers in MMA at all. I was equally impressed with Mike Easton. I took him and his antics for a joke, but the black belt in Jiu Jitsu and TKD definitely showed in his performance against a great fighter in Menjivar. There were some wonky upset kind of performances including Sonnen v. Silva, McKenzie vs. Mendes, and Maia vs. Okami. In each of those fights the right guy won, but in a very dissappointing way. I wish I could see a rematch of the whole thing. The Silva fight has me hesitant to call a winner in it. I predicted as all of you know for Anderson to win, but I would rather have seen Anderson respond to round 1- like opposition for the whole fight. Anderson keeps screaming for a challenge and he was once again robbed of one. During the early second round, Chael caught him in the face and he taunted that he wanted more of that. I wish he got his wish , because he sucks on the ground and likes to be a comfortable front runner standing up.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F77ahttdxWU&feature=g-all-u[/youtube]
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Calshot » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:39 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F77ahttdxWU[/youtube]

Jokatech19 wrote:Maia vs. Okami...

It was actually Dong Hyun Kim vs. Maia, but I get him and Okami mixed up at times also. :)

Jokatech19 wrote:...but I would rather have seen Anderson respond to round 1- like opposition for the whole fight. Anderson keeps screaming for a challenge and he was once again robbed of one. During the early second round, Chael caught him in the face and he taunted that he wanted more of that. I wish he got his wish , because he sucks on the ground and likes to be a comfortable front runner standing up.

I heard that Rashad just asked for a shot at Silva through Twitter. He could have been joking, but if he was serious, how do you like his chances? He's got the wrestling skill and a bit more strength in his ground n' pound. On the other hand, it could easily look like Evans vs. Machida.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Okami? da fuq? So a dog god is in UFC?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:48 pm

Last nights Raw, Punk is very good friends with Chael
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Jokatech19 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:24 pm

wow I totally did not mean to type Okami. I wasn't even thinking of him when I typed. LOL

But I do think Rashad Vs Silva would be another Machida fight in a way. I think Rashad is a great fighter who has improved, but unfortunately his chin has been exposed and Jones could have KTFO'd him if he wanted to. I don't think he will be as successful with the takedown as Chael was, nor as dominant on the ground. But at the same time, Jones may be too much for anderson because he is excellent on the ground and on the feet, has size over Anderson, and Anderson is declining a bit. Maybe if GSP can step up.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic