George W Bush VS John Kerry...Let the battle begin!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

George W Bush VS John Kerry...Let the battle begin!

Postby drporkchop » Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:18 pm

At this point I have no idea who I think will win, but if Bush gets another term, I will seriously be considering moving to Canada within a few years.

This man has done nothing but harm to this country...

-By defying the United Nations to start a war which he now cannot justify, he put further strain on the already poor relationship of the United States and the rest of the world...We're the most hated nation in the world for a reason...

-His "no child left behind act" does quite the opposite. Taking money away from schools who are performing poorly isn't the greatest way to help them improve, especially when performance is measured by standardized test scores. Instead of focusing on real life skills, teachers are forced to spend more and more time teaching kids how to take multiple choice tests. Teaching children how to write formulaic essays sets them up for a rude awakening when they make it to college.

-Perhaps the most disturbing aspect of his presidency has been his efforts to take away the rights of a large group of Americans. Creating a constitutional ban on gay marriage is absolutley asinine. His justification for this ammendment is that he is "protecting the sancity of marrige." However, if marrige is a sacred word as he claims it to be, then it shouldn't be in our government in the first place by virtue of seperation of church and state. And if it isn't a sacred word, then it should be free to all Americans. The government has no right to choose what words we can use and which we can't.
drporkchop
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby rome » Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:54 pm

Hey man your totally right...some people would totally disagree, but i say your right....vote John Kerry...
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Cyberman » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:13 pm

Vote for Kerry.

Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Brothaman » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:59 pm

I'm voting for Kerry.
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Darth Strongbad » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:42 pm

Kerry all da way!
Darth Strongbad
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:52 pm

I can't vote, but I completely agree with you, drporkchop. He's portraying himself the wrong way on those commercials; in truth, he allegedly ignored warnings about 9/11, he completely ripped off a group of human beings, like you said, and he's trying to make it all look good now. What a jerk. I hope Kerry kicks him straight out of the White House!

It's very odd how gay marriage "violates" the sacred word of marriage. If it's so sacred, why are half of them ending in divorce?!
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Realillusion » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:20 pm

Kerry's a goofy little lookin' Mo'FO! But thats NOT why im picking GEORGE BUSH!
Realillusion
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby KenKen » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:07 am

I'm not an American citizen so i can't vote for either, but if i could then i would vote for Kerry. Why? Because George Bush is the embodiment of evil and he, just like his father is one of the worlds worst terrorists.
KenKen
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Sonikku » Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:35 am

There is no doubt in my mind that I'll be voting for Kerry on my first time voting at the polls. There need to be some serious changes in the structure of our goverment in my opinion.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby CT » Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:23 pm

porkchop youve got a great point...
if i could vote i would go with carry all the way...
even though the comercial says taxes will be raising like 90 million dollars or somethin like that...
CT
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Off Topic