Things that pissed you off

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Things that pissed you off today

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:35 pm

south carmain wrote:^took me over a week to get portal 2, my favorite online store is shopto.net my shipments always arrive in the following 2 days

I order all my games from now, order before 5:30 and always get it next day. Pre orders i get the day before the official release date
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:51 pm

Annotations on Youtube. Every fucking video..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:04 pm

Just turn them off!
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Thief » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 am

Bought Skyrim for my brothers birthday from gamestop. I removed the price tag from it so my brother wouldn't know how much I spent (just something you do for gifts). However, it turns out that he already got Skyrim for his birthday. So I went back to return it to Gamestop and the manager wouldn't take the game back because he doesn't take played new games back. I told him that nobody played the game but he didn't care, he said the stickers were off and he couldn't tell if it was played or not since the box was open (because gamestop is run by a bunch of tards who can't keep their stock in the back and order display cases). Basically we got in a long argument and he refused to give me a refund. I told him that he was losing a customer for life and all he had to say was, "That's cool bro". I am never going back to gamestop again.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:28 am

LAMEWAD wrote:Bought Skyrim for my brothers birthday from gamestop. I removed the price tag from it so my brother wouldn't know how much I spent (just something you do for gifts). However, it turns out that he already got Skyrim for his birthday. So I went back to return it to Gamestop and the manager wouldn't take the game back because he doesn't take played new games back. I told him that nobody played the game but he didn't care, he said the stickers were off and he couldn't tell if it was played or not since the box was open (because gamestop is run by a bunch of tards who can't keep their stock in the back and order display cases). Basically we got in a long argument and he refused to give me a refund. I told him that he was losing a customer for life and all he had to say was, "That's cool bro". I am never going back to gamestop again.

Yeah, lamestop sucks. I remember asking if they had a new copy of Xenogears once and they said they did. Then I asked if it was new in the sense that it was new, or new in the sense that it had been opened, shrink wrap torn off, pristine case put on the store shelves for every greasy 5 year old to put his hands on and the disc taken out and man handled behind the counter like a used game. He informs me the latter. :P I never buy games like that any more, they argue it was opened even if you never played if you ever have to take it back. I'm also not surprised by the "that's cool bro" attitude, but that is largely the result of the company. The employees have no stake in the company beyond keeping their job and being fired. They're barely paid a nickel above minimum wage and are treated like trash by the company. As a result, they don't care in the least if the company loses a good customer as it is no skin off their backs. Gamestop blatantly reminds their employees how worthless and disposable they are so they incorporate that attitude into everything they do.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:15 am

LAMEWAD wrote:Bought Skyrim for my brothers birthday from gamestop. I removed the price tag from it so my brother wouldn't know how much I spent (just something you do for gifts). However, it turns out that he already got Skyrim for his birthday. So I went back to return it to Gamestop and the manager wouldn't take the game back because he doesn't take played new games back. I told him that nobody played the game but he didn't care, he said the stickers were off and he couldn't tell if it was played or not since the box was open (because gamestop is run by a bunch of tards who can't keep their stock in the back and order display cases). Basically we got in a long argument and he refused to give me a refund. I told him that he was losing a customer for life and all he had to say was, "That's cool bro". I am never going back to gamestop again.

That "new" copy was probably played by an employee anyway. And they re shrink wrapped it. Common of Gamestop
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:08 am

A friend told me a major spoiler of The Dark Knight Rises on purpose.No longer want to watch it so I sold my ticket.Seriously fucking hate it when people spoil shit for me.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bambi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:02 am

Samanosuke Akechi wrote:A friend told me a major spoiler of The Dark Knight Rises on purpose.No longer want to watch it so I sold my ticket.Seriously fucking hate it when people spoil shit for me.

:sad:
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby wude » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:22 am

that's one thing i'll never understand, i love reading spoilers of films and games i want to watch/play
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby Spokane » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:52 pm

wude, no one will ever understand you.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Kenny » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:48 pm

Samanosuke Akechi wrote:A friend told me a major spoiler of The Dark Knight Rises on purpose.No longer want to watch it so I sold my ticket.Seriously fucking hate it when people spoil shit for me.

Really, man?

I'd still watch it anyway. Its the actual experience that makes a movie enjoyable.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:55 pm

But knowing what's going to happen just takes away the thrill,at least it does for me.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby wude » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:42 pm

Spokane wrote:wude, no one will ever understand you.

yep, that's my problem :sad:
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby shengoro86 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:20 pm

Bluecast wrote:

That "new" copy was probably played by an employee anyway. And they re shrink wrapped it. Common of Gamestop

I used to work for Gamestop and I would have gladly returned the copy for you. That employee was just an immature unintelligent moron.

Funny story why I left Gamestop, I totally f*cked them over.

At LAmestop we were allowed to borrow games to play them so that we knew how to fondle people into buying crap.

So I started taking out a game everyday so that I can make copies of them. Im talking about all systems, next gen and retro.

I sold a couple to fellow people with hacked consoles, nothing worth paying for anyway.

SO my district manager was like "Why did you take out 70 games?? Are you pirating??!!?"

He was a jerk to begin with so I got fed up with him, I dont care about minimum wage shit as I work another job that pays much much more.

So I got up in his face. He was really short, and said Yeah Im copying them. WTF are you going to do about it.

I guess I was very intimidating and he banned me from taking games out.

So one week he really needed me to work because he had fired some game advisors. I said yeah sure.

I never showed up and when he called me to look for me, I told him what was what about how he treats his employees and I quit right then and there.

Idiot was left running the store by himself. I then spoke to the store manager after she got back from vacation and she said his stats (gamestop keeps job performance stats) were horrible, he also had some complaints.

I then called his boss which was the regional manager, and told her about his performance along with his attitude towards people and employees and got the sh*thead fired.

I can't stand corporate idiots.

Well anyway, yeah Gamestop is a POS company. Never buy from them. Only buy used games, copy them, and bring them back.

Ooo off topic sorry.

The thing that made me upset today was I was playing In The Groove at a local arcade and I fell off the machine while playing this crazy song.

IF you dont know what In The Groove is, here is a video of me playing it at that Arcade.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71befBcvoUY[/youtube]
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby KiBa » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:18 pm

Every time I go to Gamestop, I always ask when Shenmue 3 is coming out. It's usually a young guy who has no idea what I'm talking about, and I let him earnestly check the upcoming releases for me.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic