I wish this was a joke

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

I wish this was a joke

Postby Hei Long » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:57 am

:roll: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2981038.stm For fuck's sake, this guy should get a grip.
Hei Long
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Juanfran » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:59 am

That's so incredibly fucking ridiculous that I'm lost for words. Our national flag is not something to be toyed around with to create a politically correct idealism. It's our identity, it has been for many long years, and it should stay the way it is.
Juanfran
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:39 am

This pisses me off, it's happened before during sporting events etc. where big companies, I think Land Rover was one, have been asked to take down the union jack 'cos apparently it gives out the wrong message and could be seen as racist. It's turning this country into a cesspit of political correctness...I mean what the fuck, the government of the UK is telling people to take down the flag of the UK? It's a different story where soldiers in Iraq run up to a burning tank going "whoo!" and "ha!" and stick a union jack on it...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Juanfran » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:46 am

Once there was a boy who wore a T-shirt with the national flag printed on it on St George's day and was told to go home and change it because it was viewed as a symbol of fascism...
Last edited by Juanfran on Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juanfran
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Myles » Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:03 am

Hmmm... interesting.
Myles
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Veteah » Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:07 am

What?!? I can't belive this. What a stupid, crap and all round shitaculer idea! You can't change the Union Jack! I'm all for brining down racial tentions but that will not help one iota, also racial tentions may get worse not better. It's madness I tells ya!
Veteah
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Araviel » Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:14 pm

Oh-no...remember how complicated I thought the original was when I had to draw it as a kid, this will sure confuse all little schoolkids all around Europe, besides, it's a flag and it's been like that for a long time, why change it...?
Araviel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Forklift#5 » Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:59 pm

(PLEASE DON'T GET PISSED)
New Design: Kinda cool looking
Reason: Utter stupidity

Why the fuck is your national flag such a bad thing? Like JC Fran's post about the flag being a symbol of facism, what dose that mean? He's being patriotic, what's wrong with that? Just becasue there's no black in it dosen't mean it's racist there's no black in our...oops I shouldn't have said that....
Forklift#5
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Daemos » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:19 pm

OMG.... You brits are lame.... Warrying because of a couple new stripes....... now for real: I don't care.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Gutcruncher » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:59 pm

whiteShadow wrote:OMG.... You brits are lame.... Warrying because of a couple new stripes....... now for real: I don't care.

its not the stripes that are making them pissed. its the fact that someone is so offended by their own countries flag that they are trying to change it.
Gutcruncher
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Daemos » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:19 pm

Uh... That's what I said. (kinda)
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby TEEPO™ » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:35 pm

WTF?!? Now I'm really pissed! Next we all have to clothes that have black on it, or we'll be considered rascist. I have the union jack at home, and I'll never change it.. and I don't give a shit about any prat says about it.
Sometimes I feel like I'm rascist just coz I'm white, and alot more people feel the same way.

TEEPO™ has received a thanks from: QWERTY
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby Daemos » Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:33 pm

Well, first of all, I'm all for freedom of expression, so I believe anyone is entitled to express themselves any way they want, even if it looks racist. I don't do it, but then again, I'm not sure any of what I do is or not racist (xcept the obvious ones...).
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Daemos » Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:35 pm

"Life is pain. Get over it."
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Forklift#5 » Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:48 pm

what?
Forklift#5
Alpha Trading Boss