Football

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: soccer

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:39 pm

I signed him for Millwall on Football Manager last year after Man Utd released him. His stamina was shit so he could barely play a whole game.

Speaking of Football Manager the next game just got announced.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9nL8aUv6xg[/youtube]

Can't wait I always loose a week once I start a game.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:28 am

Been ages since i had a FM game. Might have to pick one up if i do decide to skip Fifa this year. PES is a no go as the series has just gone to shit this gen.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:38 am

Yeah, Pro Evo's gone right down the shitter. I'd recommend FM2012, but you're probably best waitin for the new one. You have to activate it via Steam nowadays though, unless you don't want to... *cough*
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:29 pm

Scotland are fucking shite. :evil: :evil:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:31 pm

How have you changed the network game?

Well, we essentially threw away the old network game and brought it into the 21st century. We were still stuck in 1995, with people having to type in their IP address and be the host with other servers going into them. Now we’re doing it all through Steam. Effectively, we’ve got dedicated servers, though they’re not just dedicated to us – they’re also used for Team Fortress 2 and various other games as well. And because of that we kept in the other mode in case people still want to use that. But this time we’ve also added in a bunch of new online modes, so you can set up your own custom leagues or custom cups, and you can even take your team from your saved game and use that in network games so you’re not just restricted to the starter teams in the database.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/07/footb ... 0&ns_fee=0

Give me a few seasons to get Millwall to the top of the Premiership and I'll show you how it's done Mitts.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:16 pm

I start with a custom team in Blue Square Bet North and work from there. I'm now the dominant force in English football. So, no, you won't show me how it's done, you'll get your arse spanked all the way to the retroactive abortion clinic.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:25 pm

Me v You
Previous experience: Sunday League
Job: Unemployed

GO
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:40 pm

So anyone had any good/odd things happen to them when going to see a football game?

First time i went to see Spurs play i was quite young and some bloke sat next to me just kept talking to me now and then[about the game] I was actually a little freaked out by it not noticing that everyone was just talking to people around them about it like they all knew one another. Felt really dumb when i figured it out.

2nd time i went Les Ferdinand got knocked out in the first 10 minutes :lol:

Mates a Chelsea fan, nearly went to a game with him but couldn't get the time off work. Came home to see it ended in a massive crowd riot!
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Riku, y'know what? You're on. When you gettin it?

And WRC?, possibly the weirdest thing that ever happened to me on matchday (although anything deemed weird is normal for it, really) was when me n my mate got fed up with how shit we were playin, so started singin shit like "Where the fuckin hell's my egg?" and "There's only one way to fry-up!" The steward kept tellin us to stop, but everyone around was buzzin their tits off. We eventually moved through everything full English brekkie-related food, and towards the end arrived at black pudding. The steward came over, gripped me (I was 14, and he was a big bastard, so I weren't gettin out of it) He told me I was gettin banned for hurlin racist comments, and the black guy sat next to me tore me out of his hands and told him that he'd have him sacked. Must've been a steward or summat, coz 9 years later and he's one of the suited security guys who guard places where pros and execs go. Wonder if he'll remember me?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:28 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Riku, y'know what? You're on. When you gettin it?

Most likely day one.

As for weird things at football. We was at Gillingham away and the stewards where getting a bit annoyed at the shit we gave the keepers anytime a player came near us. We scored and one of our fans was going mental right near at the front near the pitch and for some reason the stewards decided to grab him and try to pull him over the barrier. A few of us grabbed him and it turned into a game of tug of war with this random guy playing the part of the rope.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:51 am

Anyone played the demo yet? Word is the AI is a LOT better.

EA still can't do great animation.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:21 pm

In an attempt to release the boredom of his injured star players, and aware that idle hands do the devil's work, Ferguson gives all his players tasks to do. To one Wayne Rooney he tells him to go away while his leg gash heals and try and complete a jigsaw.

Late in the evening, about 10pm, a massively frustrated Rooney calls Ferguson exasperated and starts shouting "it's impossible, impossible, none of the pieces fit, it looks nothing like the picture and its too difficult, why did you ask me to do a jigsaw Mr Ferguson, Why? Why?"

Ferguson, clearly worried he's somehow wound up his star striker, goes round to Rooney's and finds him sitting at the table, red-faced, breathing heavily, clearly on the verge of another explosive fit of rage.

Ferguson calmly asks: "What's the jigsaw of then Wayne?"

"It's meant to be a cockerel," Wayne snaps back, almost in tears.

Fergie walks to the table and then rests his hand on Wayne's shoulder. "Come on lad," he says reassuringly, "let's get these cornflakes back in the box and get you to bed."

QWERTY has received a thanks from: Who Really Cares?
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:20 pm

Any of you into football books? Bios or others, etc?

Footie films?
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:26 pm

Was written by a reporter who had complete access to everything at Millwall for a whole season. It's a great read even if your not a Millwall fan. Shows how much football can mean to the fans and also how much it effects the players lives. He wasn't afraid to paint a few players in a bad light which they very much deserve.

As for films nothing beats Escape to Victory.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:50 pm

There's Only One Jimmy Grimble... All for the simple fact of seein Maine Road again. Oh, and if you see a City book, buy it. David Clayton, Rodney Marsh, Paul Lake, whoever, whatever role, whatever era. For some reason our books are always highly praised for bein such good reads (although that's probably due to our overly dramatic history and overly loyal supporters... Except those who sit in the Colin Bell Stand...)
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic