Football

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby PirateMuffins » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:09 am

Robson gets the sack, oh well.
PirateMuffins
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MorbuZZ » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:48 am

it was obvisous he would be gone before the end season
MorbuZZ
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Haik » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:33 pm

Don't make me laugh, Man U has now the power to be one of the best teams in the world, even better then Real Madrid and for sure Arsenal who can't play good football in my opinion :)
Haik
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby QWERTY » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:35 am

Haik wrote:Don't make me laugh, Man U has now the power to be one of the best teams in the world, even better then Real Madrid and for sure Arsenal who can't play good football in my opinion :)

????????????????

Are you sure you're watching Arsenal?

QWERTY has received a thanks from: TEEPO™
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby PirateMuffins » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:00 am

I think Arsenal play some fantastic football...

And Rooney's gone to United, woopee.
PirateMuffins
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby QWERTY » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:04 am

TheNoodle wrote:I think Arsenal play some fantastic football...

And Rooney's gone to United, woopee.

They now have a very potent strike force.
Rooney,Van Nistelrooy,Smith and Saha.

Impressive stuff.

Shame they don't have the midfield to back it up.

QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby PirateMuffins » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:37 am

I'll laugh if Rooney turns out to be another Owen...£25 million...wow...

And Fergie needs to work on his defence...midfields pretty decent imo, Giggs and Ronaldo...hmm....
PirateMuffins
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Amin » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:51 am

Haik wrote:Don't make me laugh, Man U has now the power to be one of the best teams in the world, even better then Real Madrid and for sure Arsenal who can't play good football in my opinion :)

Haha. They have the finances to be one of the best teams in the world but not the players. Strike force wise they've got a hell of a lot of talent but in other areas are lacking. If you put each of man u's players against each of arsenals in the respective posistion and compare, almost always has arsenal got the better player but usually man u work very well as a team but this season havent.
Also i'd just like to point out what a fantastic player Reyes is, very underated so far. Hopefully by the end of the season he'll be ranked up there with the best which is where he deserves to be.

About Rooney's move, I hope the lack of play and extra support wont tone down his determined style of play. Hes a great player and leaving him at Everton would of kept him on his toes if you ask me. Experts said that Beckham moving to madrid would make him a better player but i didnt see how and look what happened...
Amin
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby QWERTY » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:02 am

TheNoodle wrote:I'll laugh if Rooney turns out to be another Owen...£25 million...wow...

And Fergie needs to work on his defence...midfields pretty decent imo, Giggs and Ronaldo...hmm....

GIGGS-Get's injured far too often,could/should have been an all time great,but yet the injuries have hampered his career.

RONALDO-He is improving,no doubt,but he still has some way to go before he is the finished article.A genuinely impressive young footballer who is slowly justifying his hefty price tag.

KEANE-Past it.Still good in the big games,but evidently due to age,he is playing fewer and fewer games.Watch Man U try to sign Steven Gerrard in the next few seasons.

KLEBERSON- :lol:

DJEMBA DJEMBA- :lol:

QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby MattyHAZUKI » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:06 am

Alien Dude wrote:
TheNoodle wrote:I'll laugh if Rooney turns out to be another Owen...£25 million...wow...

GIGGS-Get's injured far too often,could/should have been an all time great,but yet the injuries have hampered his career.

RONALDO-He is improving,no doubt,but he still has some way to go before he is the finished article.A genuinely impressive young footballer who is slowly justifying his hefty price tag.

KEANE-Past it.Still good in the big games,but evidently due to age,he is playing fewer and fewer games.Watch Man U try to sign Steven Gerrard in the next few seasons.

keane past it!? if you say so...

well anywho thats £25 million down the pan
MattyHAZUKI
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby MattyHAZUKI » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:08 am

Ash69 wrote:

Haha. They have the finances to be one of the best teams in the world but not the players. Strike force wise they've got a hell of a lot of talent but in other areas are lacking. If you put each of man u's players against each of arsenals in the respective posistion and compare, almost always has arsenal got the better player but usually man u work very well as a team but this season havent.
Also i'd just like to point out what a fantastic player Reyes is, very underated so far. Hopefully by the end of the season he'll be ranked up there with the best which is where he deserves to be.

About Rooney's move, I hope the lack of play and extra support wont tone down his determined style of play. Hes a great player and leaving him at Everton would of kept him on his toes if you ask me. Experts said that Beckham moving to madrid would make him a better player but i didnt see how and look what happened...

this also makes me giggle, arsenal dont have the better team sorry to burst your bubble

man u work very well as a team but this season havent

you judge this after what 4 games? blimey
MattyHAZUKI
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Sidewinder » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:10 am

Man U's First choice deffence is argubly better than Arsenal's who had the best deffensive record last season

G.Neville Ferdinand Silveste O,shea vs Lauren Campell Toure Cole

Man u have got the better backup also with Brown Heinze and Phil Nev<<<even i gotta lol@that

Arsenal got Clichey Cygan and the rest is youth i know what deffence i would rather have

Midfeild is pretty decent but the Gooners Midfeild is better

and now Man U got Rooney there strike force is the best in the prem imo
Sidewinder
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby QWERTY » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:04 pm

MattyHAZUKI wrote:
Alien Dude wrote:

So I take it that means I'm right about the other ones then?

QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:22 pm

The Lonely Shepherd wrote:

Man U's First choice deffence is argubly better than Arsenal's who had the best deffensive record last season

G.Neville Ferdinand Silveste O,shea vs Lauren Campell Toure Cole

Man u have got the better backup also with Brown Heinze and Phil Nev<<<even i gotta lol@that

Arsenal got Clichey Cygan and the rest is youth i know what deffence i would rather have

Midfeild is pretty decent but the Gooners Midfeild is better

and now Man U got Rooney there strike force is the best in the prem imo

u know.. sometimes theory doesn't count.
just look at who won last season's Champions League or European Championship. certainly not the "best" teams with the "best" players.
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby MattyHAZUKI » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:28 pm

Alien Dude wrote:
MattyHAZUKI wrote:
Alien Dude wrote:

So I take it that means I'm right about the other ones then?

i think giggs has been past it for a while now still has the odd big game in him.
i think ronaldo is brilliant love watching him play.
djembax2 has had a good start imo
kleberson well i'm not impressed by him
thats why im kinda pissed we've spent 25 mill on rooney when we need a left winger

you didnt mention flecther whi i think is good too only when he's played in the centre tho
MattyHAZUKI
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic