Football

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Football

Postby Peter » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:09 am

Absolutele worldy from Modric. Have a bet on 1-1 Turkey v Croatia
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:38 am

I used to be absolutely crazy about major international tournaments and watched every single game I could but since 2010 or 2012 I've been watching German games only which I am basically also doing this year. I don't have anything against the tournaments, it's just that I must have gotten an overdose of football at some point in my life. Just not that into it anymore.

That said, anyone but Spain winning the title would come as a big surprise to me. I could see the strong French team stopping Spain with their home ground advantage but even that would take the Spaniards not having their best day. If Spain bring their A game, the result should be clear. With player like Lahm and Klose retired, Gündogan and Reus injured and Schweinsteiger and Humels still recovering from injuries, I don't se us getting in Spain's way either, tbh.

Teams like Belgium or England are very talented, but probably too inexperienced overall to be a threat to Spian.

That said, the more important thing than the title is safety this time. Hope this thing goes without any terrorist attacks.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:02 am

No terrorist attacks yet, so groups of Russian, French and English fans are making up for it by causing trouble instead! ;-)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Nahovil » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:42 am

Peter wrote: Absolutele worldy from Modric. Have a bet on 1-1 Turkey v Croatia

Babacan should have done better, though.

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:No terrorist attacks yet, so groups of Russian, French and English fans are making up for it by causing trouble instead! ;-)

We probably should address them as ultras or hooligans. It's a breed more than a nationality, and the fucking inbreds are in every country we look.
Nahovil
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:00 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: but since 2010 or 2012 I've been watching German games only which I am basically also doing this year.

Woah there can't that amount of nationalism get you arrested in your country?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Peter » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:57 pm

Glad to see the Norn Iron team beat by the Poles. Can't wait for the proper team to play tomorrow.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Nahovil » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:58 am

It will be fun seeing you guys defending Ibrahimovic. Is Keane fit for the match, though?
Nahovil
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:07 am

Well out of the group we have, the Swedes should be our best chance for 3 points, which is more or less essential to qualify from the group. They are a one man team these days with Zlatan, and the delivery to him these days is sparse. Trying to keep my excitement down, especially because 6 hours after the match is the Sony press conference.

It's 11am here and I am fighting the urge to open a beer :lol:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Nahovil » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:33 am

While they are, indeed, your best shot at 3 points, I wouldn't call them a one man team. It's just that Ibrahimovic stands out, as he would in almost every squad at the Euros. Good, I just looked it up and both Keane and McCarthy are match fit.

If you don't have a drinking problem, go ahead. Otherwise, it might be problematic.
Nahovil
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Nahovil » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:21 am

Eh, Peter, well done, you guys did alright. Given Belgium's current attitude, you might just make it.
Nahovil
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Axm » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:27 am

Well guys, it's happening. A Japanese friend invited me to a Soccer game. First one in my life. People there might think I'm European when I'm there so ill say I'm from Spain speak with a Spanish accent and say stuff like Goalaso! and OleOleOle!
Any other European stuff I should say or should I just immediately bite someone in the ear?
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:52 am

Suarez is from Uruguay you tool.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Football

Postby Axm » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:14 am

Then ill bite harder damn you.

edit: Went to the game. Was fun. But my worst fear occurred in one of the only real gripes I have with the sport, game ended in a tie. When everyone just got up and left I was like... >_>
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Nahovil » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:22 am

Axm, football is much like Life... It matters not the final outcome, only how hard the tackles, how sweet the nutmegs.
Nahovil
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Football

Postby Axm » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:46 am

I get it, but in Baseball too aswell, sometimes the losing team really played a better game and had better moments regardless of the score. It just doesn't end in a fucking tie. Nothing against the sport itself though. It's a good sport. Obviously the biggest in the world, but I just think the concept of a tie defeats the purpose of playing at all. And if the point total adds to some overall point total for the season then I think it still defeats the purpose of playing a match. Maybe as an American its just ingrained in me culturally to have winners and losers, but I just don't see why they can't extend the game to accommodate the situation. The fans deserve to see more when they pay money. Especially if it was an expensive seat or with friends that you waited along time to experience the game with.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic