Who watched "What the world thinks of America?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby mikec_ct » Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:04 am

Santino: This is true. But as part of the post I made further up in this topic, I assume that, no matter how good someone's lifestyle is or which country they reside in, most will tend to whine about how bad they have it. Don't think Americans are so much different than everyone else in that sense. I know our public schools like to portray the image that everyone who isn't American lives in some third world country with no electricity and a fascist dictator (our schools teach us practically nothing about what life actually is like outside of the US, we're just shown stereotypes, but again, I'm sure other countries teach their kids the same type of crap). As if England doesn't have just as many, if not more, personal freedoms than we do. And I'm sure middle class British folks complain that their life is hard just as much as we do (although some individuals in this forum would have you believe otherwise :roll:)

One reason there is so much anti-American sentiment in the world is media propaganda. People elsewhere are exposed to as much "America Sucks" hype as we are shown "America Rules!" hype.
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby TEEPO™ » Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:13 am

A bit off topic, but what the hell. Today I saw this poster that said ''proud to be American.'' And it had a picture of a Eagle's head infront of the US flag. And all I could think was ''Lol, that eagle is proud to be American.''

TEEPO™ has received a thanks from: QWERTY
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby TEEPO™ » Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:18 am

Here it is. Just made me laugh really.

TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Postby mikec_ct » Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:57 am

We have the best health plan for eagles in the entire world!! He should be proud!
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Heart Of Swords » Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:31 pm

TEEPO wrote:Here it is. Just made me laugh really.Image

:lol1: hahaha i never thought about that. That's hilarious :lol1:
Heart Of Swords
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby santino » Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:49 pm

thats one fine motha fuckin eagle
santino
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Yusuke » Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:38 pm

hell yeah it is check out the beak on that one
Yusuke
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby TEEPO™ » Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:42 pm

He's probably like ''I gotta bigger beak than you!.''

TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Postby Yusuke » Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:20 pm

my beaks two inches.......from the ground BAHAHAHA
Yusuke
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby TEEPO™ » Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:58 pm

My beak is touching the ground, and its thicker than my body.

TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Postby Yusuke » Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:14 pm

show off
Yusuke
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby My Best Day is Gone » Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:41 pm

I'll tell you what I think of America...
and I'm from America...

Our public school system is pathetic... countries with dirt floors for their schools learn more than us in America... lol

Our cops are racist bastards... and so are the colleges because some of them seem to charge the white students less than the other races....

And before some racist jerk comes in here and says "Us white people were here first" No... YOU weren't... your ancestors stole this land from the natives... this land is not America... it is stolen property and thanks to those thieves many countries suffered... even today America continues to steal things.... in a different way :

The war :
We remove Saddam and take the oil as a prize (is it just me or did the gas drop a LOT after the war was won?)

Operation Iraqi freedom? More like... Operation poor economy... must find way to win the hearts of the people so I get re-elected...
My Best Day is Gone
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mikec_ct » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:03 pm

Marcel Randle wrote:I'll tell you what I think of America...
and I'm from America...

I'm not one to defend America, ever, but you make some unfounded points.

Our public school system is pathetic... countries with dirt floors for their schools learn more than us in America... lol

I'll agree that our schools suck, but I don't think other nations necessarily have it right either. Sure, many Japanese kids do well for instance, but they are worked like slaves and given ridiculously high standards to meet.

Our cops are racist bastards... and so are the colleges because some of them seem to charge the white students less than the other races....

What you said about cops is a generalization that is just as illogical and ignorant as the views of the racist people you speak of.

How are colleges racist? If anything they're prejudiced AGAINST white males, ever hear of Affirmative Action?

your ancestors stole this land from the natives... this land is not America... it is stolen property and thanks to those thieves many countries suffered

This is the way human civilization works. Every nation on Earth has been taken over at some point in time. Should Australia send all of its British-Descended citizens back to the UK because they don't belong in Australia? That is ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that there is a theory gaining popularity that says the "Native Americans" were not actually the first people to live here and that they may have killed a race of people, themselves. Not that it matters, up until recently it was perfectly acceptable for powerful countries/ethnic groups to overtake others by force. Now we have international regulations that are intended to prevent this, but this is a much different time.

Next you'll be blaming the current generation of white Americans for slavery.

While my post may go against typical "left wing" views of the world, rest assured that I am as liberal as they get. I just don't buy into the partisan Democrat rhetoric that you apparently eat up.
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Chang Long the Dragon » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:34 pm

Excellent points. I am an American, and I'm proud to be one. All foreign nations seem to enjoy pointing out all of the bad things about this nation, and none of the good ones. Our fortune and prosperity in this country is a great thing. The entire population of african children would be dead if it wasn't for charities in this country. England hates us because we won the revolutionary war. English history books call the rebellion a revolt. Australians call us Yankees, a completely stereotypical word. This whole world, including america, is full of hypocrits. They don't all exist in america. You all need to open your eyes, and think about your own faults. That's the only way you have any right to make a judgement.
Chang Long the Dragon
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Heart Of Swords » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:37 pm

i don't think England hates us dude, that's a stereotype. Some English people, maybe, but not England. It's a place, it can't hate anything.

That said, everyone should listen to mike_ct, he's a frickin genius :D
Heart Of Swords
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic