Who watched "What the world thinks of America?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby santino » Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:40 pm

the rich people in america are mad "ghey"but the common people are the same everywhere
santino
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Mad Dog Hidensetsu » Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:47 pm

Hmm... When u americans come to think of Brazil, u think of a jungle, with monkeys everywhere, soccer players, indians.... That is enough reason for us to hate america... But we hate america, not the americans, because yer not guilty of what u think, u just watch too much TV and see there what they want u to think of here... Children there at schools learn that Amazon is already part of the USA, or if not, it will be... It is enough reason for me to hate americans. But not all of you... I do know that are still some there nice, i know some, and i believe most of the ones of this forum are part of the good ones.
Or at least i hope so.
Mad Dog Hidensetsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Heart Of Swords » Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:58 am

Well, I've never heard anything about the Amazon being part of the USA or anything. But honestly when I think Brazil I just think soccer players (football players.)

EDIT: See Iwao's post below. He summed up what I was trying to say here better than I could say myself :)
Last edited by Heart Of Swords on Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heart Of Swords
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby IwaoHazuki » Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:36 am

Hidensetsu wrote:Hmm... When u americans come to think of Brazil, u think of a jungle, with monkeys everywhere, soccer players, indians.... That is enough reason for us to hate america... But we hate america, not the americans, because yer not guilty of what u think, u just watch too much TV and see there what they want u to think of here... Children there at schools learn that Amazon is already part of the USA, or if not, it will be... It is enough reason for me to hate americans. But not all of you... I do know that are still some there nice, i know some, and i believe most of the ones of this forum are part of the good ones.
Or at least i hope so.

I don't think that. If you think Americans think that, you are the one who is stereotyping. You assume all Americans are stupid and think the same.
IwaoHazuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: Segaw
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Mad Dog Hidensetsu » Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:26 pm

Like i said, not ALL of you think that, but i assure you a LOT of americans do.
I'd like to don't say so, but a lot of americans i met (and ppl from other rich countries too) ask me about the jungle, soccer players and stuff when they get to talk to me.
Mad Dog Hidensetsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Juanfran » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:54 am

Americans of course don't say or believe that they own the Amazon; but big business in America is looking at ways to exploit it, claim it for their own all the time.
Juanfran
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Mad Dog Hidensetsu » Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:18 pm

Exactly. If any of you have or know children that are on first grade or something like it, ask if they weren't told that amazon is part of USA, a friend of mine said that his son learned that at school.
Americans don't think that they own Amazon, at least mostly don't. But america have interest in selling the air from amazon... that sure is nice... Very nice.
Mad Dog Hidensetsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mikec_ct » Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:14 pm

I'm American and I hate most Americans, myself. Although that probably has more to do with the fact that 90% of all people seem to be ignorant jackoffs, not just Americans.
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mad Dog Hidensetsu » Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:16 pm

I agree.
Mad Dog Hidensetsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Heart Of Swords » Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:05 am

mikec_ct wrote:I'm American and I hate most Americans, myself. Although that probably has more to do with the fact that 90% of all people seem to be ignorant jackoffs, not just Americans.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Wow, that's the greatest, truest statement I've ever heard anyone say, ever.
Heart Of Swords
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bee King of Zombies » Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:03 am

Heart Of Swords wrote:
mikec_ct wrote:I'm American and I hate most Americans, myself. Although that probably has more to do with the fact that 90% of all people seem to be ignorant jackoffs, not just Americans.

How about this one *clears throat* Every rose has it's thorn just like every night has it's dawn just like every cowboy sings a sad, sad song.
Bee King of Zombies
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Location: on the corner of grey street and the end of the world

Postby Veteah » Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:10 am

erm, right.

I've never being to America so I don't know, but most Americans seem to be comtempt with their country being isolationists.
Veteah
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mikec_ct » Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:22 pm

Heart Of Swords wrote:

hehe, high praise. it took me quite a while to realize that there is a majority of complete morons in every nation on Earth, it's just that I'm mostly exposed to Americans.
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ro bee bee » Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:42 pm

I have been to America, people seemed perfectly nice, although that may be because I'm a tourist, and don't have to live with them in everyday society. But exactly like Mike said, every country has its fair share of idiots.
Ro bee bee
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby santino » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:43 pm

alot of people here are narrow minded. example being someone who complains about their life constantly while they live in a nice house with air conditioning, they arent hungry, and have all that they need and then some......while people all over the world starve to death and live in war torn places......thats pisses me off alot
santino
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic