What movie are you watching right now?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:15 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33697 ... ley-scott/

Some new info from Ridley Scott regarding the next alien/prometheus movies.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:14 pm

Men in Black

Great film and still holds up after all these years. Even the special effects still looking good.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby GYO6161 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:47 pm

i just watched all the 6 star wars movies for the first time and overall though that episode 1 2 and especially 3 were awesome, while 456 were ok but i really liked 5. overall I'll rank em as
3>2>5>1>6>4
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:49 pm

I bought the Jurassic Park Blu Ray Collection while it was on sale on amazon for $25 for black friday, It came with JP1-3 and JW.

I just finished watching Jurassic World for the first time, and it was a pretty darn entertaining 2 hours, I never paused or got distracted by other things really, held my attention the entire time. Lots of little things that paid homage to the other films, and I think it was pretty well done. There were a few holes here and there and a couple things that didnt make sense, and I felt like the romance between owen and claire was REALLY squeezed in (but some of the deleted scenes remedied that, and there was one that I thought should have been in the movie for sure to help elaborate on their relationship, but it also made a cool deleted scene too, so either way worked i guess), but all in all it worked pretty well and had some nice surprises and dino action, with some moral/ethical scenarios, some sci fi and lots of jungle, everything a good Jurassic Park movie needs.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:14 am

I think my favorite part was when the boys found the original compound. But what the heck is the backstory to this film? The first park utterly failed and the creator learns his lesson in the foolishness of the endeavor. Some years later they try it on the same island again? Same scientist from the first film and everything? They even have a statue of the guy from the first film that no doubt would have objected to a do over. Whatev. I basically would have liked more backstory as for what happened inbetween one and four. Mainly how they regained control of the island and got them all back in their cages.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby dojodojo » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:32 am

Everest. Great movie!!!
dojodojo
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kenny » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:50 am

Cleveland Abduction.

I never want to see this film ever again. Not because it's bad, but it's fucked up and upsetting to watch.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Sonikku » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:00 pm

GYO6161 wrote: i just watched all the 6 star wars movies for the first time and overall though that episode 1 2 and especially 3 were awesome, while 456 were ok but i really liked 5. overall I'll rank em as
3>2>5>1>6>4

You liked Episode 1 more than Episode 4?

Good god man... :no:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby GYO6161 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:49 pm

Sonikku wrote:
GYO6161 wrote: i just watched all the 6 star wars movies for the first time and overall though that episode 1 2 and especially 3 were awesome, while 456 were ok but i really liked 5. overall I'll rank em as
3>2>5>1>6>4

You liked Episode 1 more than Episode 4?

Good god man... :no:

:| well i thought that episode 4 was a little dated but that's my opinion. Plus the lightsaber fight at the end of episode 1 was GLORIOUS =P~
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:49 pm

LOL @ star wars newbies "ep 4 is dated" :lol:

But really though, ep 1 isnt as bad as people make it out to be. I personally think episode 2 is the worst of the prequels, 3 is the best, the prequels in general arent that bad to me either. I think some hardcore star wars fans pointed out certain things and brought down the prequels in general, outside of jar jar and the corny/badly acted attempt at romance in ep 2 its really not that bad imo.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: GYO6161
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby sand4fish » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:11 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: LOL @ star wars newbies "ep 4 is dated" :lol:

But really though, ep 1 isnt as bad as people make it out to be. I personally think episode 2 is the worst of the prequels, 3 is the best, the prequels in general arent that bad to me either. I think some hardcore star wars fans pointed out certain things and brought down the prequels in general, outside of jar jar and the corny/badly acted attempt at romance in ep 2 its really not that bad imo.

I found difficult siting through episodes 1 and 2 TBH. If it wasn't for the brand name I wouldn't bother watching them at all. Now for episode 3 I revisited it recently and I actually liked it better than The Return of the Jedi. So to me Lucas finished strong in the end. Definitely no hate for the guy.
Last edited by sand4fish on Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: GYO6161
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Kenny » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:37 pm

He kinda had to, after overwhelming criticism from fans after the previous two episodes. His yes men couldn't do anything to shelter him from the outside world at that point.

Honestly, Lucas is the kind of guy who NEEDED to be challenged. Gary Kurtz even said that too.

And ya'll are crazy. Return of the Jedi is great.

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:44 pm

I love it when you just watch a movie out of the blue that you have never heard of before and it's great:

Shutter (2004)

A young photographer and his girlfriend discover mysterious shadows in their photographs after a tragic accident. They soon learn that you can not escape your past.

Guy runs over a girl after a night out with his girlfriend and then all sorts of creepy and weird shit goes down afterwards...
Don't want to spoil it, but more people need to see this. It's a low budget Thai horror film with some cool twists in it and
a downer ending done well.

There's a one shot take that I really wonder how they pulled it off, if that sequence was edited that was some damn fine editing work on the guy responsible, since it really does look like a one shot scene.

It's also really quite a creepy film, one of the best horror films I've seen in a long time. It's really just an effective little B horror film made on a small budget that I literally just decided to watch and out of nowhere, best horror film I've seen all year.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby sand4fish » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:27 pm

Kenny wrote:And ya'll are crazy. Return of the Jedi is great.

You are right. I was being crazy when I said that. It just happens every time I think of Ewoks.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:19 am

The Ewoks are walking teddy bears, how can you not like them?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic