What movie are you watching right now?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Postby Sonikku » Sat May 24, 2014 5:31 pm

Days of future past. Kind of disappointed to be honest. It feels kind of low budget after the first 5 minutes and doesn't get crazy again until the last ten minutes. The original cast also only had what seemed like a cameo. Make no mistake, this isn't X-men 4. It's First Class 2. And Wolverine is great, but we get so much Wolverine already. He got two films already all to himself with another on the way, and low and behold he's the only original cast member given the limelight. lame. Wolverine isn't the only X-Man Hollywood! Spoilers follow.

I can hardly believe how ludicrous and stupid the climax was. So one mutant can lift an ENTIRE BASEBALL STADIUM and HAUL it ALL the way to the White House, drop it to cut the president off from the police and threaten the entire world on national television with death at the hands of mutants if they get in their way and YET... Mystique not pulling the trigger of a gun single handedly redeems everyone's faith and diffuses the mutant paranoia? To the point of canceling Trask's Sentinel program? I mean what the fuck Singer. :lol: Gun lowering or not, that entire event if anything only serves to validate Trask's point of view. The Whitehouse is destroyed and now America has to demolish/remove an entire stadium surrounding it without Magneto's help. But them Mutants? Yeah. They're cool. 8) What a joke.

On the plus side, there's quicksilver. And Quicksilver is awesome in every way and everything Quicksilver touches turns to fucking gold. On the downside, there's only about 10 minutes of quicksilver. :sad: Let's replace Wolverine 3 with Quicksilver 1 there Marvel. :P

All and all, I was going to give it a 6. But I did get to see
miss boo-hoo-I'm-reduced-to-comic-book-films-because-of-racism get impaled brutally through the back.
So I give it a 7.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Kenny
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Sat May 24, 2014 6:47 pm

^All good points.

Need to see them again, but I still felt X3 was the most entertaining.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Sat May 24, 2014 11:04 pm

Really?
X3 is what killed the X-Men movies for me. I just haven't been able to take them seriously since that one, terrible as it was. Part of why I'm vaguely excited for Days of Future Past; I hear X3 gets "undone" in a number of ways.
One question to those who have seen it, and I don't mind if it's a spoiler: does Cyclops get to come back in any way?
He was never exactly the most fun member of the X-Men, but that was what I hated most about X3, how they just killed him off within five minutes for no damn reason. So I'd like it if they managed to bring him back somehow.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun May 25, 2014 1:16 am

Fuck I just realized I have only seen the first 2 X-Men movies, I remember I lost interest in X-Men 3 cause I heard it wasnt very good. I remember X2 ended with Jean Grey beginning her dilema with the phoenix and didnt they just not even wrap up that part?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sun May 25, 2014 1:55 am

For the Cyclops question:
Yah he does.

Even though some parts of X3 were straight up retarded (like how they handled Juggernaut, he should've been CG'd like Hulk), I remember it was more fun and was surprised at how ballsy some of the things they did were. X1 is enjoyable but really cheesy when I rewatch it nowdays and X2 took itself too damn seriously for me to like it (Nightcrawler should've been more awesome than what they did with him).

First Class is a very close second. Very good film but the mutants weren't as cool as the ones in the other movies. I'd probably put DOFP as a third favorite cause it still has that cool "crossover" feel to it despite my complaints. Plus fucking Quicksilver, damn that was a great character.

Kenny has received a thanks from: OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Sun May 25, 2014 6:39 am

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

really good I thought -- was told it was cheesy but it wasn't. Maybe that only happens when you can't really relate. I don't know - don't care. Whatever.

Thief has received a thanks from: Kenny
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Sun May 25, 2014 9:21 am

So I wonder how Quicksilver in the Avengers is going to stack up against this one? Everyone seems to love this one to death. The one in the Avengers can't actually be called Quicksilver for legal bullshit reasons, but it's the same character either way.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sun May 25, 2014 3:54 pm

They have alot cutout for themselves, that's for sure.

At least they have Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sun May 25, 2014 6:18 pm

It just occurred to me this morning that the one in X-Men doesn't even seem to be all that accurate to the comic, but does seem an awful lot like a certain DC character. Quicksilver is actually one of those characters I never paid much attention to, but I always remember him looking really scowly and serious when he was around. On the other hand, the one in DoFP seems like kind of a funny, light-hearted type, right? That's just what I'm guessing, based on what little I've seen.
In that light, and based on the goggled look+headphones or whatever, it almost feels like Marvel swiped Impulse (one of my favorite DC characters) and just threw the name Quicksilver on him.

:lol:
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Mon May 26, 2014 2:33 pm

OL wrote: So I wonder how Quicksilver in the Avengers is going to stack up against this one? Everyone seems to love this one to death. The one in the Avengers can't actually be called Quicksilver for legal bullshit reasons, but it's the same character either way.

Yeah he's going to be called Quicksilver they just aren't allowed to say he's a mutant. So he'll probably just be a guy who got powers through some crazy accident.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kenny » Mon May 26, 2014 3:11 pm

OL wrote: It just occurred to me this morning that the one in X-Men doesn't even seem to be all that accurate to the comic, but does seem an awful lot like a certain DC character. Quicksilver is actually one of those characters I never paid much attention to, but I always remember him looking really scowly and serious when he was around. On the other hand, the one in DoFP seems like kind of a funny, light-hearted type, right? That's just what I'm guessing, based on what little I've seen.
In that light, and based on the goggled look+headphones or whatever, it almost feels like Marvel swiped Impulse (one of my favorite DC characters) and just threw the name Quicksilver on him.

:lol:

I had to check to see if that was a girl character or not.

Most of the love for that character comes from the fact Quicksilver had a TON of personality. He was funny and charismatic whereas the other mutants (other than Wolverine) were very serious. That's what people like, characters that make light of situations from time to time. We want to have a good time.

I've noticed some of the most popular characters in these comic book movies have similar traits like (aforementioned) Wolverine, Iron Man, Spiderman, and even Joker. These are traits I love to see in characters and I write them in my own works often. The fact that they're bringing THIS Quicksilver back in XMEN: Apocalypse is very exciting to me.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Fri May 30, 2014 2:52 am

Devil's Due.

I heard this movie was really stupid. We'll see how stupid in a moment.

EDIT: Yeah, this movie was shit. I kinda wish it was stupid, it would've been more entertaining.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Fri May 30, 2014 10:08 pm

phpBB [video]
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Sailors? » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:25 pm

Just watched Godzilla at the cinema. Absolute, disappointing shit, was really looking forward to it being good too. Won't spoil anything here but damn it had so much more potential.

Sailors? has received a thanks from: Kenny
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby OL » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:55 pm

I've only heard two opposite extremes on the movie so far; either it's frickin' awesome, or it's utter shit. I have yet to hear anything middle-of-the-road.
OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic