What movie are you watching right now?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Postby OL » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:34 pm

Really good. Probably better after some kind of marathon of the other related movies, but it was entertaining nonetheless. It was nice to see that by the end, the characters were able to fit into their proper roles without too much alteration (meaning, it's good that they didn't switch Iron Man into the "leader" role just because he's played by the overbearing Robert Downey Jr, which is something I'd always feared beforehand; that role is meant for Captain America, and it ends up working really well just the way it is). Also pleasantly surprised that Hawkeye and Black Widow, being the resident "normal human" characters, don't just fade into the background while the shit hits the fan at the end; they both have a good share of suitably badass moments just like everyone else.
Not thrilled with the villain choices though. I always thought Loki was a lame threat to level against an entire superhero team to begin with. But now apparently they're intent on forcing Thanos into things as the series goes on? Thanos was just Marvel's ripoff version of DC's Darkseid to begin with, so I'm not exactly a fan of the character. Darkseid is way better, but now if DC tries to do anything with Darkseid, it'll be labeled a copy by the uninformed masses. Blah.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:45 pm

Saw The Hobbit in theaters today. Was awesome, much better than the first, but that end... I think it has the most abrupt end to any of the movies so far. Kind of reminded me of one of the token ends in a climatic episode of naruto or some anime, except we have to wait an entire year for the next.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:15 pm

It's slated for July next year but there are talks of pushing it to December.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:05 pm

I just assumed it was going to be december cause thats when they have always released them, but with an ending as frustrating as that, I could see why July could be a marker. Idk though, it might be weird going to see it during summer, it seems like such a holidays kinda movie.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:22 pm

I assumed the same too until I read about the July date.

I don't mind, I just wanna see how it's gonna end.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby wude » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:13 pm

wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby Kenny » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:01 am

Saving Mr. Banks.

This was a beautiful movie. It's about how Walt Disney was able to wrestle away the rights to Mary Poppins from author P. L. Travers. The main focus though is on Travers, how lonely she was and how her upbringing was the key reason why she refused to give Disney the rights to begin with.

There are ALOT of great dramatic scenes in this. I damn near teared up a few times but mostly because of the sad renditions of the Poppins soundtracks they played over them. Now I have a renewed interest in Mary Poppins now because of it (which is the key reason the Disney Co. greenlit the thing).

Kenny has received a thanks from: Axm
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:18 am

The Man from Nowhere.

It's been awhile since I've seen an Asian film. One thing I noticed is that, thematically and stylistically, it reminds me of my own script The Assignment. So when the time comes, I'll be making this and Léon the Professional mandatory films to see for my actors and crew so they understand which direction I'll be going with it.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:39 pm

^^I liked that one. Good action scenes.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:32 am

Christmas Vacation. Dont think I have watched this movie since I was a little kid, also it was the first time i watched the whole unedited movie. See when I was a kid, we had a recorded from TV version which of course was edited, what was really a treat about that was honestly all the old commercials that came with that time period, it had a bunch of old commercials the campbells soup commercial where the snow man comes inside and starts eating hot soup and starts melting and turns into the boy, or the USPS We Deliver for Yule commercials they used to air, and those classic Foldgers Coffee commercials "best part of waking up" or the local news cut-away covering the famous Blizzard of 1993 that struck Georgia... man almost wish I knew where that original VHS was just so I could watch those again too. Really brought back alot of christmas memories and nostalgia watching the movie though, kinda a huge reminder of how much the times have changed. Some christmases as a kid I remember were like this movie, except everything went ok and everyone got along, also south florida, epic winz.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Axm
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:05 am

Eyes in the Dark.

After this, I got so fed up with these shitty FF flicks I started watching Paranormal Activity 4 again. Jesus Christ, as mediocre as this film is it's still lightyears ahead of its competition in terms of build up, suspense, and even character development (which is not very good here but still, by comparison it's Academy Award winning material).
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:12 am

Just saw Silver Lining's Playbook for the second time -- first time since it was in theaters. Great movie. If you haven't seen it, see it.

Really want to see American Hustle now...
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:26 pm

Just watched Gridlock'd again. Haven't seen it since I watched it for the first time when I was about 14. Still really enjoyed it, it's a fun film with good performances from Pac and Tim Roth. Probably my favourite film starring Tupac, though I also really like Bullet too.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shengoro86 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:31 am

The Raid Redemption
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:57 pm

I watched some movie online called Hidden Assassin (The Shooter). It wasn't too bad.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic