General Anime Discussion

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: General Anime Discussion

Postby ShenSun » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:00 pm

Sonikku wrote: Just finished puella magi madoka magica.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/puella-magi- ... ing-591735

This anime has to have the two most misleading first episodes ever. It seems to "scream" sailor moon, all cute and innocent and cheerful. But then shit gets serious. This has to be one of the darkest and most depressing shows I've ever seen. It's good, but definitely not for kids.

Have you seen steins gate?

In my opinion i think that is superior to Madoka magica. Both have similar plots
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby hiro94 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:16 pm

Have you guys seen That new Anime by the guy that made Cowboy bebop?Its called Space Dandy and it comes on Toonami every week at 11:30 Pm on Saturday? the show is funny as hell
hiro94
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: Songokumi

Postby Raithos » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:38 pm

finally getting around to watching Evangelion 1.11
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Rakim » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:52 am

hiro94 wrote: Have you guys seen That new Anime by the guy that made Cowboy bebop?Its called Space Dandy and it comes on Toonami every week at 11:30 Pm on Saturday? the show is funny as hell

Thanks for the heads up. I had no clue he had anything new coming out.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bambi » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:47 pm

Just started watching this, it's come highly recommended.

Bambi has received a thanks from: Thief
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Nahovil » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:47 pm

Bambi wrote:

Just started watching this, it's come highly recommended.

A coincidence, Bambi. I've had this special edition box of Monster, lent from a friend of mine, for 2 years and am about to finally start watching it this week.

Nahovil has received a thanks from: Bambi
Nahovil
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bambi » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:21 pm

Loving Monster so far, the pacing in particular is superb, I can definitely see why HBO are interested in adapting it for TV.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:57 pm

I started watching Naruto Shippuden again on whim. Also I heard the manga is due to end this year or next year, so I am pretty interested in finishing off the anime. I am going to try to make it a point from here on out to watch a bit more anime again. GITS SAC season 2 I will probably start up soon as well.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:49 pm

I wish Naruto concluded years ago. The original series was pretty good before the filler came in the play. At least then you could skip the filler seasons. With shippuden however, the filler is intermixed in with the good stuff. Making it drag and drag.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:23 pm

http://www.narutohq.com/naruto-shippuden-fillers.php

this link tells all the filler episodes in naruto and shippuden, I have worked around all the filler, but yeah the filler in shippuden is in smaller spurts instead of having a marathon of filler eps like before, still annoying, but since im not watching on a weekly basis of all the new episodes being aired in japan, who cares? Only real gripe I have about the filler in shippuden is that they usually go back to when they are younger again and have random eps of the original team kakashi with naruto sauka and sakura or whatever, and that is honestly kind of annoying because its like even more filler eps they didnt put in the first series or something.

Im not sure i will ever try to catch up on Bleach though. I still really like that anime, but im not sure I can go back to after all this time. It hasnt been that long since I last watched naruto a couple years, bleach has been like 5.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:03 pm

Just watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie Part 3: Rebellion. Gosh that was mean spirited, depressing and cynical. :sad: WHY do they give this thing the appearance of a happy cheerful preteen cartoon for girls when it's so fucking dark? ;_;
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bambi » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:14 pm

Finished Monster a few weeks ago. Despite some small issues I really enjoyed it, I can tell that it's definitely something that I'll re-watch in its entirety again some day.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sonikku » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:16 pm

Watched Captain Harlock 2013. It looked great, but it was pretty convoluted and had a lot of stupid parts in it. I'd give it a 6.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Thouraya » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:42 pm

Bambi wrote: Finished Monster a few weeks ago. Despite some small issues I really enjoyed it, I can tell that it's definitely something that I'll re-watch in its entirety again some day.

I was watching that for a bit and got really into it but stopped watching it for no real reason. I'm hoping to get back into it again because what I saw of it I really enjoyed.
Thouraya
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:13 pm

So in terms of the collective anime hierarchy where does Attack on Titan stand, and how badly do I need to be watching this show?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic