Pro Wrestling

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Pro Wrestling Official Topic

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:57 am

You really can't deny though that like Hogan,Cena has done a lot for the industry.Hogan was a roid user as well.Honestly,I enjoyed it when Cena had the thuggish/gangster type character a while after debuting on Smackdown.But his and the companys refusal to alter his character has came back and bit him in the ass.

A triple threat with Rock,Cena and Lesnar for Summerslam sounds great.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:07 am

I honestly don't know what Cena has done other than bore me for 10 years. I just remember I saw him in green shorts about ruthless aggression. Stopped watching came back after a few months. He was a 100 pounds heavier and was a wigger. He still is a wigger. Cena just got on McMahon's good side. To I think Vince has long lost his touch. Ever since WCW died. TNA really needs to rise up like WCW did in order to make wrestling a great form of entertainment again. As it stands dumb entertainment is going a bit to far dumb. Sad that it takes older stars past their prime to garner interest. That is a bad sign that a product is waning.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:03 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k779CBQA-uc[/youtube]

Look at the differences with both.The video is from 2003 I believe.

Ryudo wrote: Sad that it takes older stars past their prime to garner interest. That is a bad sign that a product is waning.

The thing is that the creative team are absolutely useless.They have quite a bit of talent on the roster but they refuse to develop them.Dolph Ziggler comes to mind,great in ring ability and sells really well.Even Santino can be a main eventer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZMrOV22rRc[/youtube]

That's him during his early days of wrestling,just goes to show how WWE limits their wrestlers.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby PirateMuffins » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:25 am

Ryudo wrote:I honestly don't know what Cena has done other than bore me for 10 years. I just remember I saw him in green shorts about ruthless aggression. Stopped watching came back after a few months. He was a 100 pounds heavier and was a wigger. He still is a wigger. Cena just got on McMahon's good side. To I think Vince has long lost his touch. Ever since WCW died. TNA really needs to rise up like WCW did in order to make wrestling a great form of entertainment again. As it stands dumb entertainment is going a bit to far dumb. Sad that it takes older stars past their prime to garner interest. That is a bad sign that a product is waning.

I actually liked Cena when he was heel, but then they went and turned him into this good two shoes character since they were trying to appeal to a younger audience, i stopped watching ages ago but he was pretty bland as a face from what i saw.

I was actually quite optimistic about TNA aswell and hoped it would give WWE a kick up the arse to get their crap together, but alas, it never happened.

I did watch Wrestlemania XXVIII, not bad going by today's standards i suppose, i've been watching Wrestlemania X-7 again and the difference in quality (the crowd, the matches, the wrestlers) is staggering.
PirateMuffins
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:47 pm

Rapping Cena was funny but now his lame and his become the new hogan beating just about everyone. WM is the first time in years ive seen him lose clean.

Ryudo wrote:WWE needs to get rid of the womens division. WWE never took it serious and nor do the fans. It's a joke. Not saying wrasslin is men only. Just that WWE either needs to get rid of it or revise it.

They have women who can wrestle but sadly they prefer to push crap like Kelly Kelly and ''celebs'' Wish it had been the planned Beth vs Kharma match.
On the whole WM was worth watching apart from the quick first match and the womens match. The Brodus clay stuff went on too long aswell.

Good to see Brock back. Shame it got leaked and slightly ruined by the fans chanting his name during most of Cenas promo but it was a great return without a word needing to be said.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNhTzUNr9jM[/youtube]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:32 am

watching King of the Deathmatch '95. The crowd is wild
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:45 am

YESmania has started.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby PirateMuffins » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:39 am

Vyse Hazuky wrote:watching King of the Deathmatch '95. The crowd is wild

Speaking of wild crowds, does anyone remember this one from way back when? The crowd was brilliant all night (as they usually were back then) but then the entire place freakin ERUPTED when Stone Cold's music hit :shock: The front few rows were literally jumping up and down in excitement :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TL5l1g0Pmw[/youtube]
PirateMuffins
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:57 am

That was a great night. Was recently watching an old dvd of Sumerslam 2002 and the crowd was hot all night.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxK0hvycpGM[/youtube]
Sucks they let Kofi's buzz die down not long after.

The crowds have been getting hot again. MITB last year with Punk, WM and mondays Raw. I mean when have you heard a holy shit chant just for someone coming to the ring?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:37 am

Can you guess who it is?

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:32 pm

PirateMuffins wrote:
Vyse Hazuky wrote:watching King of the Deathmatch '95. The crowd is wild

Speaking of wild crowds, does anyone remember this one from way back when? The crowd was brilliant all night (as they usually were back then) but then the entire place freakin ERUPTED when Stone Cold's music hit :shock: The front few rows were literally jumping up and down in excitement :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TL5l1g0Pmw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecBl6yFfTao[/youtube]You don't see crowd's like that or this anymore.
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:53 pm

Now and then you do. As i said MITB last year had a very hot crowd as did this weeks raw and WM. Infact the crowd seemed to be more middleaged men than kids which was a good thing. Maybe its time for wrestling fans to try and force the show back away from PG.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:10 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:Can you guess who it is?

:shock: WTF
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:20 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQxl1XnvDOE[/youtube]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:25 pm

The best video package, of the best feud, of the best Wrestlemania.... of the best Era in Wrestling. I will never get bored of this. Oh and btw, easily the hardest working people on the face of this earth are the WWE production crew. Never do their videos disappoint.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QN5_x8jmJk[/youtube]
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic