Pro Wrestling

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Pro Wrestling Official Topic

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:22 am

That was when he left. Going off what his said over the last few years his more than capable of a match now since surgery and rest.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:06 am

Dat Rock v. Punk promo was great!
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:09 am

Speaking of which, anyone watched Wrestle Kingdom? Another classic Tana vs Okada, and Nakamura vs Sakuraba and Suzuki vs Nagata were absolutely brutal.

The NOAH Global League final of KENTA vs Sugiura was also incredible. Very, very, very stiff.

Vyse Hazuky has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:43 pm

Still can't stand watching a full show now days. Ill watch the Punk stuff on youtube but the product is way too poor to have a 3 hour slot.

I also don't want to see Rock/Cena again let alone for the title so Punk better win at the Rumble.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:49 pm

Vyse Hazuky wrote: Speaking of which, anyone watched Wrestle Kingdom? Another classic Tana vs Okada, and Nakamura vs Sakuraba and Suzuki vs Nagata were absolutely brutal.

The NOAH Global League final of KENTA vs Sugiura was also incredible. Very, very, very stiff.

SAAAAAAAAAAA-KUUUUUUUUUUU-RAAAAAAAAAAAA-BAAAAAAAAA

I couldn't believe some of those matches were 50 minutes because the action was nonstop.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:46 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: Still can't stand watching a full show now days. Ill watch the Punk stuff on youtube but the product is way too poor to have a 3 hour slot.

I've been a fan for 21 years, and never thought I'd fall more than a week behind. Yet apart from two shows I've sought out in an attempt to begin my catch-up, I haven't watched since August.

Not because it's bad - hell, I've survived years of a product much more banal than we have right now. It's purely because a three-hour Raw every week is a ridiculous imposition. Add on top of that a two-hour SmackDown each week, and a three-hour pay-per-view every fourth week, and WWE alone will just exhaust whatever free time you have. Good luck if you happen to enjoy a supplementary source of wrestling too, like TNA for me (which I haven't watched since last January, again because of time constraints as opposed to the show's quality).

It would be easy for someone to say "well if you were still a fan, you'd make the time," which to an extent is true, but the addition of a third hour to Raw really made me start to resent the demands that WWE's oversaturation places on viewers. I do want to get back into it, by catching up on the PPVs that I've missed, especially now that we're heading into WrestleMania season. But as someone who ran a wrestling forum for ten years and who's done everything from e-feds to various roles in local indy shows, it's a challenge I never thought I'd have to face.

I don't even blame WWE for it, because it wasn't their idea to extend Raw. That was a request they reluctantly undertook from USA Network, who just wanted to milk the show's ratings for an extra hour, despite the strains that WWE knew it would place on its creative resources and most likely its audience too. If anything, I believe I heard that Vince McMahon has long wanted to reduce the show to 90 minutes, but TV bosses have always been against it.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:26 pm

3 hours of Raw? That's insane. I mean you have to be partially insane to be able to sit through 3 hours straight of WWF.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:27 pm

Get the F out, mue.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: mue 26
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:54 pm

loool haven't heard someone call the WWE WWF in a while. Next weeks show should be interesting
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:35 pm

Not a fan of punk but he cut a good promo last monday.But I also felt like it was dragged,at one point I was just waiting for the rock to come out and take the wheel.

Pretty sure this is how it will play out...

Rock beats punk,wins title.
Cena wins the Rumble
Rock vs Cena II at wrestlemania with cena winning
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:48 pm

I really hope it's not that predictable
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:56 pm

On Raw,Cena mentioned how 2012 was a forgettable year in his career.What better way to bring back their golden boy?...Exactly. :P

Don't get me wrong,I can't stand Cena.But it is that predictable unfortunately.Hope I'm wrong.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:14 pm

If that is whats gonna happen, I'm hoping to god that they at least put CM Punk into the mix. Make it a triple threat. And if not, at least put Punk in a program with Steve. That would blow rock n cena out of the water
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:53 pm

Punk is boring as shit and a watered down version of a attitude era star. I only watch for Kane even if WWE has ruined his talent over the years and Glen is too nice a guy to say no or ask for any titles. He even turned down Mark (Undertaker) offer to lose to Kane at WM in his last match. There is just no one,not a single wrestler that is interesting. It's not just the product that's a lame duck but the talent is lame as well. Mostly the product. 90's I remember it was MOSTLY wrestling and little talk. Now it's talk talk talk wrestle for 5 min talk talk talk wrestle for 5 min and repeat. TNA is bigger joke when Jeff Hardy is the champ. :lol:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:57 am

He was never given the chance to end the streak. Reports simply claimed Taker said the only person who should if anyone be him but Glen said that's something that should never be beaten.

And hey Jeff may be a mess but he was WHC in the WWE twice a few years back.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic